100 Metre Final

Started by magickingdom, August 25, 2007, 02:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Well supersub,
the guy was just letting you know his thoughts.I too have cannot shout for sportsmen of dubious distinction.Lance armstrong, barry bonds or mark maguire or any of the other overpaid steroid monsters in sport are cheats and not worth a second look.Barry bonds makes me feel sick when I see all the fans bowing to him, he is steroids out and out.
If everyone stopped being blind to the facts then bonds and co would have to walk away and leave it to the real sportsmen.alex rodrigeuz, jeter,michael jordan,beckham,mark messier and tom brady are real sportsmen that look like they train or did train hard without drugs as a platform.

mannix

Not a massive fan of beckham because he is overpaid and overrated, but you must admit he is a good sportsman.

Cloc Mor

Another easy run for Powell.  Eased off for last 40 metres and ended up second. 

Gay had a very impressive run after a poor start.  Much better than yesterday and looks good.

Cant wait for final

Square Ball

gay in 9.85........Phew  :o
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Square Ball on August 26, 2007, 02:22:33 PM
gay in 9.85........Phew  :o

...after a poor enough start!! Powell 3rd!

Cloc Mor

Win for Tyson Gay.  I honestly thought Powell would walk it.  Powell led at 60 metres but Gay put the boot down and pulled away.  Powell beaten into 3rd.  Great stuff.  Brit was crap.

magickingdom

how did gay win that, i thought he was dead and buried after the start. how they run with the chains hanging off some of their necks ill never know.. great race

mannix

The chains are for luck but they would annoy me when running.Howfast can you run 100 meters?

SuperSub

Quote from: mannix on August 26, 2007, 03:44:11 PM
The chains are for luck but they would annoy me when running.Howfast can you run 100 meters?

3 days :-[

The Forfeit Point

what time is the final at?

i see im a bit late :-[ :D

blast05

Jeremy Wariner in the 400m will be a hell of a race to watch - don't think he'll match Michael Johnsons time of 43.18 but if not this year then definitely with the next year or 2. Will be the first man to break 43 seconds for 400m

hitzelsperger

blast that is a massive statement, i personally think johnsons 400m record will stay for a long long time, Wariner is good but he'll never do what MJ did.

was listening earlier to MJ talk on BBC and he said apparently theirs some kid in US called Walter Dix whos run 19.6 in the 200m yet he aint even running in the WC...MJ says hes the next big thing on the track...cant wait to see it!

tyroneboi

Quote from: mannix on August 25, 2007, 05:51:00 PM
Well supersub,
the guy was just letting you know his thoughts.I too have cannot shout for sportsmen of dubious distinction.Lance armstrong, barry bonds or mark maguire or any of the other overpaid steroid monsters in sport are cheats and not worth a second look.Barry bonds makes me feel sick when I see all the fans bowing to him, he is steroids out and out.
If everyone stopped being blind to the facts then bonds and co would have to walk away and leave it to the real sportsmen.alex rodrigeuz, jeter,michael jordan,beckham,mark messier and tom brady are real sportsmen that look like they train or did train hard without drugs as a platform.

Lance Armstrong? you my friend are very very wrong. tell ya what take a read at his books and the only drugs he did was the ones that cured him of the cancer. if u dont know the facts then keep your bullshitting to yourself!! p***k!

Windmill abu

QuoteIf everyone stopped being blind to the facts then bonds and co would have to walk away and leave it to the real sportsmen.alex rodrigeuz, jeter,michael jordan,beckham,mark messier and tom brady are real sportsmen that look like they train or did train hard without drugs as a platform.

Even if Beckham didn't take drugs, he had no problem playing along side Rio Ferdinand. Can you still consider your sucesses to be genuine if you are clean but your team mates aren't?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

blast05

Quoteblast that is a massive statement, i personally think johnsons 400m record will stay for a long long time, Wariner is good but he'll never do what MJ did.

Wariner ran 43.50 a couple of weeks ago. Breaking 43 seconds is his stated career goal while winning a pile of world and olympic titles along the way