Bredagh talks Liam & Sam 2011

Started by Lecale2, August 23, 2007, 08:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody mary

Who have they got this year on the panel?

Lecale2

Any word on the panel?

Hopefully there will still be 2 Ulster Counties in the football championship come 4th Sept. It adds to the atmosphere of a great night out.

bredaghgael

Bredagh GAC's Annual Talk Night takes place this year in the Wellington Park Hotel on Thursday 4th September at 8.30pm.This year's event is Sponsored by the First Trust Bank and has regular pundits Martin Breheny (Irish Independent)and Paddy Heaney(Irish News) being joined this year by Armagh's All-Ireland winning goalkeeper and personality Benny Tierney ,ex-Offaly hurler and RTE's  Sunday Game analyst Michael Duignan,Down Football Manager Ross Carr and special guest Nicky Brennan GAA President.The evening will be compered by Jerome Quinn BBC.
  Tickets cost £10 to include a Draw for two Hurling  and two Football All-Ireland Final tickets.

Uladh

A lot of those names are getting very slale at this stage

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

In the Onion Bag

This is an impressive panel line up and getting N Brennan is a real coup.

Would be interested to know which panel members Uladh and O'Neil consider as stale?

Donagh

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 08, 2008, 10:47:40 PM
Would be interested to know which panel members Uladh and O'Neil consider as stale?

Don't want to speak for the boys but as I was thinking the same myself, I would say Breheny, Heaney and Duignan. Tierney is good for a laugh at times but doesn't have the wit of Brolly to carry an evening off on his own. Brennan may be an Uachtarán but he has zero charisma and a stuffy boring oul bollix. As for Carr... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

ONeill

Heaney's an ass, in my opinion. His comments at the recent gathering regarding Sean Kelly et al were disgraceful and compromised his position as a journalist v J Gormley's mate. Benny Tierney's just there as Jester. Breheny can offer nothing more than what he has over this last few years. The likes of Graham Geraghty was a coup last year. I'd like to see more of those types of names - the been there and done it brigade instead of the journos we read every day. Peter Canavan, Joe Kernan, Dessie Farrell etc - names that you know will create a bit of interest.

Barney Eastwood FFS.

Yes I Would

Alot of these guys are played out. Jesus we get enough of them six days a week in the Irish News.

Hardy

In a bizarre reversal of the expected, Mr. Eastwood said "thank you very much" to me at the Meath-Tyrone game last year.

bloody mary

barney eastwood isn't on it this year, is he? he was there before cos he sponsored it. And he won an all ireland minor medal. someone said joe kernan, do me a favour, tell me the last time he said anything interesting in a public arena, ie, on tv or in the papers. if he were to say things as they really are, then great, but he won't ever spill the beans. dessie farrell - dustin the turkey with the monotonous voice, have you ever heard him on telly or at a gpa 'do'. you must be joking. I think Brennan is a good call cos when do the public ever get the chance to ask the president directly about whatever - DRA, hurling's future, the australian link, etc. And fair play to him for coming to a Down Div 3 club's chat night. As for ross carr, yes he picks his words but he is one of the most genuine gaels there is, his blood is red and black, he speaks a lot of sense and not just nonsense for the sake of it. so sorry but i disagree with the last few posts. I understand some of the points and it seems that there are some grievances with some of the panel but it looks impressive to me.

corn02

Lads I must say it is a bit petty criticising a line-up for a fundraiser. Whether you like the names or not, this is a club trying to raise a few bob and there is not many doing similar. Not as if it an official GAA event.

ONeill

Quote from: bloody mary on August 09, 2008, 09:28:29 PM
barney eastwood isn't on it this year, is he? he was there before cos he sponsored it. And he won an all ireland minor medal. someone said joe kernan, do me a favour, tell me the last time he said anything interesting in a public arena, ie, on tv or in the papers. if he were to say things as they really are, then great, but he won't ever spill the beans. dessie farrell - dustin the turkey with the monotonous voice, have you ever heard him on telly or at a gpa 'do'. you must be joking. I think Brennan is a good call cos when do the public ever get the chance to ask the president directly about whatever - DRA, hurling's future, the australian link, etc. And fair play to him for coming to a Down Div 3 club's chat night. As for ross carr, yes he picks his words but he is one of the most genuine gaels there is, his blood is red and black, he speaks a lot of sense and not just nonsense for the sake of it. so sorry but i disagree with the last few posts. I understand some of the points and it seems that there are some grievances with some of the panel but it looks impressive to me.

You miss the point - It's not a lecture - the likes of Farrell would generate some deadly debate on the panel and in the audience. Kernan, I know, can be rather controversial when he's in the mood. Brennan knows the media are there and will tow the line.

SouthArmaghBandit

It would still be an opportunity to have a go at Brennan all the same. I think his term as president has been awful.