Discipline Committee ? ... Its absolutely pathetic

Started by sligeach, August 13, 2007, 02:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligeach

Right lads, this isn't just a hurling problem. Its a GAA problem.
Dublin hurler Peadar Carton won his appeal before the GAA's Central Appeals Committee on Thursday night.

According to the Croke Park press office the appeal was upheld on technical grounds but under new disciplinary rules the matter has been referred back to the Central Competitions Control Committee for a re-hearing.

Carton's suspension would have kept him out of Dublin's All-Ireland under-21 campaign. He was suspended for pulling across Tipperary's Paul Curran and breaking his jaw, a foul trenchantly criticised at the time by then Tipp manager Michael "Babs" Keating.

Only the most blind tinted glasses wearing nut could ever think that this was an "accident".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QqIXgTsYirM <-- 1 minute, ten seconds into that clip.

How can anyone expect people to play the game when incidents like that aren't punished ? My god, its completely disgraceful.

Pangurban

There is no point coming here with half a story, seeking endorsment of your view on this decision. What were the technicial grounds on which the disciplinary committee formed their judgement. If you dont know what they were, then why are you rushing to judgement and condeming them.

stephenite

Quote from: Pangurban on August 13, 2007, 02:21:28 AM
There is no point coming here with half a story, seeking endorsment of your view on this decision. What were the technicial grounds on which the disciplinary committee formed their judgement. If you dont know what they were, then why are you rushing to judgement and condeming them.

Jesus wept - what a response, half a story my hole. It's the technicalities that have the system fucked up so badly and you're here endorsing them.

Keep the head in the sand ::)

sligeach

Quote from: Pangurban on August 13, 2007, 02:21:28 AM

My whole point is that whatever technical grounds there were shouldn't make a bit of fecking difference! Look at the incident!

How long did it take the committee to ban the Cork/Clare players after "semplegate" ? 3 fecking days and they got banned for handbags.

This guy broke a guys jaw, removed some of his teeth and could have potentially killed him if he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Look at the incident, how could anyone defend that ?

Pangurban

My point is that is unfair to blame the Disciplinary Committee, if someone else ballsed up in the presentation of the case. The Committee can only properly proceed within the rules. If you are arguing for a tightening up of current procedures, then i agree with you, but until that happens, blaming the committee for current shortcomings in rules or individuals lack of knowledge of them is inappropiate

Gnevin

Not speaking of the rights and wrong of the pull but the fact he got a yellow card means the ref dealt with it and it should even be allowed to be seen before the committee.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Whatever about the technicalities of the case, he should have got a lengthy ban, terrible incident.
Should be ashamed of himself.
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 13, 2007, 09:55:21 AM
Whatever about the technicalities of the case, he should have got a lengthy ban, terrible incident.
Should be ashamed of himself.
Agreed , shocking all together.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hound

Quote from: Gnevin on August 13, 2007, 09:24:21 AM
Not speaking of the rights and wrong of the pull but the fact he got a yellow card means the ref dealt with it and it should even be allowed to be seen before the committee.
They've changed that rule now gnevin. Or at least they've tried to. If the ref looks at the video evidence and says he got it wrong he can now change a yellow into a red. But a committee on its own cannot change a ref's decision.

I don't for one minute believe that Carton tried to hit the Tipp lad on the head. But it was very stupid and very dangerous and very unfortunate for the Tipp lad that it connected the way it did. Be interesting to find out what exactly the technicality was this time.

sligeach

QuoteI don't for one minute believe that Carton tried to hit the Tipp lad on the head.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to tell me where he did intend to hit him ?

He wasn't going for the sliothar, he knew perfectly well he was going to hit Curran and unless he never held a hurley before in his life he knew exactly what he was doing. I would accept it was in the heat of the moment but he knew he was going to hit him on the head.

Gnevin

Quote from: Hound on August 13, 2007, 07:22:04 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 13, 2007, 09:24:21 AM
They've changed that rule now gnevin. Or at least they've tried to. If the ref looks at the video evidence and says he got it wrong he can now change a yellow into a red. But a committee on its own cannot change a ref's decision.

I don't for one minute believe that Carton tried to hit the Tipp lad on the head. But it was very stupid and very dangerous and very unfortunate for the Tipp lad that it connected the way it did. Be interesting to find out what exactly the technicality was this time.
Didnt know they had changed that,they kept that very low profile

Bord na Mona man

I don't for one minute believe that Carton tried to hit the Tipp lad on the head.
Very strange that he was attempting to bat the ball into stand at that rate...

sligeach

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 14, 2007, 01:42:39 AM
I don't for one minute believe that Carton tried to hit the Tipp lad on the head.
Very strange that he was attempting to bat the ball into stand at that rate...

And missed by 2 feet, and took a step backwards before swinging.

It was NO accident.