DO U THINK WINDSOR PARK IS INTIMIDATING FOR CATHOLICS?

Started by mooncatiii, August 03, 2007, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DO YOU THINK WINDSOR PARK AND SURROUNDING AREA IS INTIMIDATING FOR CATHOLICS?

YES
NO

BennyCake

There was only room for one token taig - Dennis Taylor.

I don't know why people are getting upset over this. It's like a catholic being upset for not being invited to the Orange Order's AGM. Why the feck would ye want to be there?!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: BennyCake on October 11, 2016, 10:24:53 AM

I don't know why people are getting upset over this. It's like a catholic being upset for not being invited to the Orange Order's AGM. Why the feck would ye want to be there?!

Thought it a bit strange that Michael McKillops agent rang the IFA last week to ask why he hadn't been invited
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Man Marker

Quote from: laoislad on October 10, 2016, 08:52:37 PM
Dunno what the problem is.  I went to a game there wearing a Laois Gaa hoodie and no one said a word to me.

You are one naive and silly boy, you have no idea how lucky you were, and I am not kidding.

Man Marker

Quote from: uimhr ocht on October 10, 2016, 08:26:37 PM
The republic v norn iron world cup match when jack charlton was manager i spoke to a couple of players and supporters about that night, they said they never witnessed anything like the sectarian abuse hatred at that match.I know it was a while back but if the republic were to play the north again it would be interesting to see what would happen.James mc clean would get a nice welcome!

A very close friend of mines was at it and he said he never in his life felt such naked sectarian hate. He said that he actually feared for his life if the people around had of known he was a catholic. He went on to explain how this one republic supporter manage to get a ticket in the area he was in and jumped and celebrated when the republic scored their goal, he got the shite beat out of him.

muppet

Quote from: Man Marker on October 11, 2016, 11:45:14 AM
Quote from: laoislad on October 10, 2016, 08:52:37 PM
Dunno what the problem is.  I went to a game there wearing a Laois Gaa hoodie and no one said a word to me.

You are one naive and silly boy, you have no idea how lucky you were, and I am not kidding.

MWWSI 2017

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on October 11, 2016, 10:24:53 AM

Exactly, though I know we will get chastised for being narrow minded and stuck in the past. One of the very many reasons why I have no time for OWC is that you see their flags flying beside unions jacks and every loyalist paramilitary fleg known to low-brow knuckle draggers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

But that can't go against the genuine work being done by some groups to encourage a cross community support for the NI team... look it's taken x amount of years to stop killing each other... we still live in a divided county schools and housing. Integration in decades away in that regard...

Fear of Themons  and their views will be 3 or 4 generations after proper integration has happened... it's happening in a lot of areas but the type of support that follows soccer is generally working class where education or tolerance isn't at the top of their good points..

It's not a big story to be fair or a shock

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

The Belly telly said it was an oversight. The 2 boxers weren't invited either mar dhea. #PSFPP.

Whitehair

Oonagh O'Reilly (IFA Marketing Director) not reaching out. Pesky unionists  :o

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Man Marker on October 11, 2016, 11:48:40 AM
A very close friend of mines was at it and he said he never in his life felt such naked sectarian hate. He said that he actually feared for his life if the people around had of known he was a catholic. He went on to explain how this one republic supporter manage to get a ticket in the area he was in and jumped and celebrated when the republic scored their goal, he got the shite beat out of him.

Well if you can take things back 13 years ago: I got abused and attacked by some of Jackie's Army in Dublin City centre. The greatest fans in the world took issue with me being a "bog-trotter" because I was wearing a Clare hurling jersey.

I wasn't in Windsor in 1993 but I think a stadium being intimidating isn't all about sectarianism.  One Republic player wrote in his autobiography about the massive celebrations when Jimmy Quinn scored his goal.  I am sure there was sectarianism on view but when people seem to have the hump that they didn't want to roll over to neighbours and rivals it belittles the overall argument.

No idea what it is like there today but one's instinct is to suspect it is better when detractors leap to a 13 year old incident.

/Jim.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on October 11, 2016, 02:38:20 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on October 11, 2016, 11:48:40 AM

Well if you can take things back 13 years ago: I got abused and attacked by some of Jackie's Army in Dublin City centre. The greatest fans in the world took issue with me being a "bog-trotter" because I was wearing a Clare hurling jersey.

I wasn't in Windsor in 1993 but I think a stadium being intimidating isn't all about sectarianism.  One Republic player wrote in his autobiography about the massive celebrations when Jimmy Quinn scored his goal.  I am sure there was sectarianism on view but when people seem to have the hump that they didn't want to roll over to neighbours and rivals it belittles the overall argument.

No idea what it is like there today but one's instinct is to suspect it is better when detractors leap to a 13 year old incident.

/Jim.

In fairness you deserved it for that!