Frankie Dolan!!!

Started by An Gaeilgoir, November 26, 2006, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectator

As was obvious enough from my earlier post Galway lads, i also thought the stance taken by one or two of ye was hypocritical.

Here ye were selectively calling for FD to be suspended, while ye neglected to mention the sending off for elbowing and even still wouldn't acknowledge what happened in that Corofin - Dunmore game. [Admittedly, many of your fellow tribesmen have moved on regarding it though and fair play to them for that.]

Yakking on about inferiority complexes, rival county bitterness, muddying the waters etc sounded like a belated attempt to justify that selective outbreak of enthuasiasm for GAA disciplinary matters after Sunday's game. As belleaqua said, we'll agree to disagree & that's the end of it. No harm done.

A friendly piece of advice though lads - if those of ye'd still turning a blind eye for once and for all condemned the events in the Corofin - Dunmore game, GAA fans might take ye more seriously when it comes to yeer comments regarding onfield incidents. Particularly when it involves a player from a rival county.

A consistent as opposed to 'we'll take it or leave it depending on how it suits our side' sort of thing, ya know.

Ah, Galway GAA people are the soundest & i always enjoy going along to watch yeer teams and having the craic with ye.

I still reckon one or two of ye can't stomach losing to The Ros though... ;)

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteThe main reason for the backlash from me was the hyprocrisy from GBB pretending to be objective when he has form for anti-Ross bias. This is the individual who whined that the Rossies celebrated too much after Tuam 01!

Matt what "form" do I have exactly? I make no bones about saying that a section of the Roscommon support were unneccesarily vulgar to some of the Galway support that day. Celebrating is one thing but intimidation and pushing people around and telling them eff off back to Galway is another thing and that's what happened in my part of the crowd. I don't have a problem with any Roscommon fans. There are eejits in every set of supporters. Some more than others but that's just life unfortunately. In fact it's you that keep bringing this up matt. Not myself.

QuoteHe is the only one who said at the beginning of this debate who claimed it was a poor game whilst bizarrely mentioning at the same time that he did'nt really see it.

I didn't see the game live. I said I heard it was a poor enough game as in someone told me. I only saw it afterwards. So you're either mistaken or lying.

I have to say I'm disappointed in you matt. I always thought you were a reasonable intelligent poster. I was obviously mistaken.

Anyway I think all that could be said has been said on this subject. It really shouldn't have degenerated into a Galway v Roscommon shitfight and I'm not really sure why it was taken down that road but not to worry.

And believe it or not I'd prefer to see a Roscommon club in Croke Park on Paddy's day ahead of an Ulster, Leinster or Munster one.

ross matt

I wonder where you "heard" it was a poor game GBB? More Rossies than me have taken issue with your comments. Just find it very difficult to accept your sentiments to be objective or unbiased. Thats being honest.

Totally accept your comments Bellaqua re minor success guaranteeing nothing at senior level. Personally not too optimistic about the senior set up. Honest and disciplined under Maughan yes but lacking alot of natural talent in key areas. It will take the minors a few years to filter through and young lads dont always fulfill potential. Even Brigids success is not necessarily a guarantee of anything either. Clan na Gael dominated Connacht club football in the late 80s but yet the county team went through a barren spell. However the omens are more favourable than they have been for quite a few years and its not unrealistic to expect them to be much more competitive in the next few seasons.

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteI wonder where you "heard" it was a poor game GBB?

My old lad watched the game and said it wasn't a great game but sure he says that about most games anyway. Not sure what this has to do with anything?

QuoteJust find it very difficult to accept your sentiments to be objective or unbiased

If it was a Galway player that did it I'd still think he should have got the line. I might be pissed off with the mentor but I'd find it difficult to defend a punch to the jaw. Sure it's just as easy to turn that on it's head and to question your own objectivity in refusing to accept that Dolan did anything wrong whatsoever. Objectivity is realising that they were both in the wrong which is the line I've taken.

venter

Cant ye remember how long Gerry Flanaghan got for the time he supervised John Maughan slipping? I think it was a month!

Shrewdness

I think it's very unfortunate that St.Brigid's wonderful achievement in winning the Connacht title, has been overshadowed on this board by the whole Dolan/Sice incident. Let's draw a line in the sand and let it all die down....Also agree with you Matt about Ros senior set up. I think there's a bit of a vacuum in Ros at the moment. I say this because i don't think our current senior panel are up to much, the minors are too young and physically immature for senior inter county football yet....and in between there doesn't seem to be anything of note coming through. A lot of people seem to think that Ros are a banker to be in 2007 Connacht Senior Final.....I wouldn't be one of them i'm afraid.

ross matt

Agreed Shrewdness. Plus Maughan has I think only really Karol Mannion involved from the Bridgets set up. Pressure presumably will be on him to recall Frankie. If he does this then it opens a can of worms re discipline and all the other players that he left off the panel last year. Plus whilst Dolan is playing well its at centre forward I'm not convinced he would work effectively in this position at county level. If he still had the burst of pace to beat a marker then he would be a dangerous corner forward. On the plus side though maybe the likes of Mark O'Carroll and Senan Kilbride from the Bridgets team might make a proper intercounty breakthrough this year.

mjg

Quote from: ross matt on November 30, 2006, 02:07:07 PM
Agreed Shrewdness. Plus Maughan has I think only really Karol Mannion involved from the Bridgets set up. Pressure presumably will be on him to recall Frankie. If he does this then it opens a can of worms re discipline and all the other players that he left off the panel last year. Plus whilst Dolan is playing well its at centre forward I'm not convinced he would work effectively in this position at county level. If he still had the burst of pace to beat a marker then he would be a dangerous corner forward. On the plus side though maybe the likes of Mark O'Carroll and Senan Kilbride from the Bridgets team might make a proper intercounty breakthrough this year.

wrong matt,john tiernan and robbie kelly are involved

ross matt

Really MJG ? Fair enough.
Knew Tieran was involved in the past but did'nt think he was there now. Kelly must be just called up. Good player. Did really well on Armstrong in Salthill last year.

Shrewdness

Matt, i know that Senan Kilbride has had his injuries problems, but to be honest, from the inter county perspective, i wouldn't rate him at all. Would like to see Kilcommins given a go at full back. What age is he?

mjg

Think kilbride would benefit from 6 months training under maughan,he has plenty of ability but lazy,donal o connor,dara donnelly and mark o carroll [if available]will be called up

belleaqua

Gerry Hennelly from Ardrahan and David Burke - Clarenbridge.

criostlinn

Good man Frankie. This idiot might not be in such a hurry to run onto the pitch the next time he has a grievance. What was Frankie meant to do, stand there and take a belt from some clown running at him.

spectator

Did i hear correctly on Galway Bay FM, Galway lads, that Jimmy Sice is one of four candidates in the running to manage the Galway Minors?

Has he a good track record with Corofin teams?

Shrewdness

Frankie Dolan and Jimmy Sice are both appearing at a disciplinary hearing of the Connacht Gaa tonight in Ballyhaunis. Frankie being tipped today by many to get a lengthy ban.