Graham Geraghty returns

Started by Hardy, July 18, 2007, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Feckitt, Meath destroyed Down at a canter and barely had to get out of first gear.

Absolutely delighted with Graham back, hopefully you's get a good run but I still believe an All Ireland is well beyond Meath ( Meath posters will agree I am sure). Any team that contains Fay, Moyles and Geraghty can run any team close.

The highlight of the season for me would be to see Meath draw Dublin again and beat them!

magpie seanie

How bad did Tyrone look against Fermanagh?

Hound

On the radio this morning at about 6.30 they were saying a Meath County Board Official has rubbushed suggestions that Geraghty has returned. He said he was playing a club game yesterday so couldnt have been at Meath training! I think he must have been "out of the loop" rather than fibbing - and if so must feel pretty foolish now...

corn02

Doesn't matter Seanie because Maeth were not bad against Down. People are failing to see the difference between a bad performance and playing at the level required to defeat opposition. If it was not for the fact Crawford was withdrawn ten minutes from time the final score would have still of had about 7 between it.

agorm

Delighted to hear Graham has returned to the fold. It is a great boost to the squad and hopefully will spur them on to a win over Galway which I am looking forward to just as much as the Dublin replay. I dont think that any meath supporter that has watched them in recent weeks is particularly complacent.

orangeman

Declan

Talking to a few lads last night and all were delighted that he's back.  One Royal had an interesting take on him and reckons that he is an attention seeker and loves nothing more than being at the centre of things - hence his recent foray into politics. This wasn't said in a disparaging way but he genuinely felt that this was a particular personality trait of his - Having said that he was an O'Mahony's man ;)

orangeman

Whatever about his ego, he's a fantastic footballer !

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 10:34:18 AM
Punching == ok
hand waving == bad  ::)

No doubt if he had a Arnotts jersey on his back he would be a saint ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 20, 2007, 02:29:50 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 10:34:18 AM
Punching == ok
hand waving == bad  ::)

No doubt if he had a Arnotts jersey on his back he would be a saint ::)

If he had an Arnotts jersey on he would be hung drawn and quarted by some on this board, especially by Orangeman who seems a big fan  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

rrhf

Is orangeman Graham Geraghty? - In fact is Hardy Graham Geraghty?

Redgreenery

Good to see him back for Meath, he is still one of their star players, although dirty this is part of his game.

Goin Down

Good to see the kn**ker back, good player and agreed been dirty is all part of his game!
Remember This.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: rrhf on July 20, 2007, 02:34:38 PM

I dont know either orangeman or hardy
but if you knew much about GG at all you would realist that that they can type and are quite articulate - then this defo reuls out any notion that they could be GG !

Yep - from all I have heard and seen of the man down through the years,a large ego and limelight lover would cover it.

The beckham of Gaelic football. (although GG has talent, beckham would be more down to earth)

Hardy

Quote from: rrhf on July 20, 2007, 02:34:38 PM

You're nearly half right. Hardy is not Graham Geraghty, but Graham Geraghty is hardy.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 20, 2007, 03:32:42 PM
The beckham of Gaelic football. (although GG has talent, beckham would be more down to earth)

Personality-wise, more of a Roy Keane, maybe. Though to give them their rightful positions, I'd say Keane is the Graham Geraghty of soccer.