Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAnother reason why this Dub side will never win the All-Ireland. You wouldn't find Brian Dooher sleeping in the middle of the road pissed during the summer. In fact, three hours after the match I wouldn't be surprised if he had his arm up the hole of a moo-moo, with shite up to the neck

I dunno about that. Dooher is fond of the auld lie down during the game so I'd imagine he practices it.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteGuess you don't realise that the football quarter finals are on Saturday for all teams apart from Kerry who have been moved to the Sunday!!!!

f**king discrimination. They have it in for us.

Fishead_Sam

The only people that should be bothered is Pillar, his mammy & his beure, otherwise its nobody elses business.

clarshack

couldnt have happened to a nicer fella. wasnt this pr*ck one of the main culprits in starting the battle of omagh.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 18, 2007, 12:20:05 PM

Guess you don't realise that the football quarter finals are on Saturday for all teams apart from Kerry who have been moved to the Sunday!!!!

Jaz first the Dubs, now Kerry are having a game against themselves on the Sunday.

Tyrone Dreamer

Indeed it was the same guy. Came flying in to McGee with a knee to the back. As I said before him and Brogan are the most hateful players in Ireland and that includes McMenamin. I wouldnt usually like this kind of press.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: uselessfootballer on July 18, 2007, 02:47:58 PM
Lads settle down, Dublin and Sligo can only meet in the Final this year and there's a right bit of football to be played before then

Sligo V Monaghan Final would love to see it.

Fishead_Sam

Barney

Congrats to the Dub u21 hurlers about to win the u21 Leinster championship. Whoever was to win the game it was a great win for hurling.

Winners v Antrim/Down in semi. A great opportunity.

Doesn't their manager look the spit of Jay Leno?

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Barney

didlyi

Yes they can play hurling and some very nice hurling at times. Their backs are a bit loose at times but well done on a great victory. Roll on 2010 ish

Canalman

Absolutely delighted .This thread should be moved before the anti-dubs pounce.

Canalman

Tyrone Dreamer, methinks you are exaggerating or stirring it up  somewhat. Your own corner back might give them a run for their money in that category.

paddypastit

Dreamer - your handle suits you. You may feel that way but There is simply no basis for saying that Brogan is one of the 'most hated' players in Ireland and as for Bonner, he's hardly known outside his own county, much less in the country so give it a rest.

Most people that know anything about football would rate Brogan as one of the genuine talents in a team that is generally agreed not to be as good as the hype that surrounds it. For sure the taunting and the shytehawking that went on at the end of the game last Sunday was bang out of order and he was part of it and should be criticvised for that but it is not something that he is at day in day out.

Bonner is a physical and a confriontational player but he's a stright up rough player which most people will deal with - the hateful ones are the sneaks that pull sly ones and mess off the ball and  - worst of all - disappear when the real rough stuff starts.  Bonner is in your face, no running there.

More and better than me will give you countless examples of otheres that are a lot more 'hateful' if you want to be like that, and on a recurring basis and closer to your home if you want.  And if you want to be a morla judge and jury about tauting opponenets, then I have four words for you - Colm Anthony McFadden!!  Now he was a silly boy but he gave in to what the Laois boys didn't on Sunday - are you proud of that?

On the wider point of the media and its treatment of players, the reality is (and we all want this to be the case because in general we think gaelic players are great fellows - in general) that intercounty footballers are celebrities, and a goodly few of them welcome and embrace the opportunity for publicity and what goes with that.  You can't cry foul when it doesn't suit you and hide under the 'amateur' cloak of convenience.  That is not me building an opinion or even trying to defend the media - it's just a fact, driven by business.  The GAA and its players want the benefits of publicity and the media.  Once you decide to play that game you have to take the rough with the smooth - tough.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word