monaghan v donegal

Started by anportmorforjfc, July 15, 2007, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

i think monaghan will win. play like they did in the second half today and they could win by 4 or 5 points

J70

Its supposed to be played at a neutral venue. Does Clones qualify?

Monaghan are obviously favourites after past month or so, but if Donegal perform, we can win this. Cassidy and Gallagher will need to repeat their performance from last night if we are to have a shout. Another thing is that we are fairly vulnerable to the high ball into the full-back line, just as Tyrone were today. Karl Lacey will be well fit for Tommy Freeman however.

anportmorforjfc

i think it should be in clones. no other stadiums in ulster big enough. maybe could be in celtic park derry?

J70

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 15, 2007, 07:04:27 PM
i think it should be in clones. no other stadiums in ulster big enough. maybe could be in celtic park derry?

You must be expecting quite a crowd!

oakleafgael

Omagh would be the spot for this. Can hold 20,000+ and has a great new covered stand.

anportmorforjfc

i think there will be a big crowd, never thought of omagh

Tyrone Dreamer

What about Cavan or maybe even Croke as a double header?

J70

How much does Brewster hold?

oakleafgael

J70,

Around the same as Omagh but there still doing H&S work so its out of the equation for approx the next 2 months

Tyrone Dreamer

Enniskillen is still unavaible due to pitch work as far as i know. Would have Cavan as favourite at the minute - think it holds over 20000 easily.

Rossfan

Breffni holds aup around 30,000 I believe. Its the natural place for it unless the GAA try a double header in Croke Pk with Cork/Louth.
It's a pity these 2 had to draw each other as they would be capable of beating the rest ,except Cork perhaps.
It would be hard to blame na hUltaigh for being cynical about these draws. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on July 15, 2007, 07:22:54 PM
Breffni holds aup around 30,000 I believe. Its the natural place for it unless the GAA try a double header in Croke Pk with Cork/Louth.
It's a pity these 2 had to draw each other as they would be capable of beating the rest ,except Cork perhaps.
It would be hard to blame na hUltaigh for being cynical about these draws. ::)

Won't Cork V Louth be played next week?

anportmorforjfc

it will, monaghan and laois wont play until saturday or sunday week because they played today

Rossfan

Quote from: J70 on July 15, 2007, 07:24:00 PM

Won't Cork V Louth be played next week?

Forgot about that  :-[

Derry Laois the same weekend so?
That wont need a very big ground. :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Pangurban

Monaghan will win this fairly comfortably