Interesting story from north Belfast - You, the Jury.

Started by GweylTah, June 26, 2007, 01:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GweylTah

Boy treated after catching fire 

A teenager is being treated for serious burns after he caught fire at a row of derelict houses in north Belfast.
It is understood the 14-year-old had been in contact with petrol before the incident in Jamaica Street on Monday. He is in a stable condition.

Sinn Fein's Margaret McClenaghan said empty houses had been causing problems in the area and "need demolished".

The Housing Executive said in recent days its contractors had been threatened off the site.

It is understood they were threatened with petrol bombs.

Police said they were alerted to a row of up to five derelict houses on fire at Jamaica Street at around 1700 BST on Monday.

A PSNI spokesman added that he believed the fire "was started maliciously".

Ms McClenaghan said the houses were an "adventure playground".

"Whatever happened, this young lad has ended up with burns to his arms, his legs, his face, and he's a very lucky wee boy," she said.

The Housing Executive, which owns the derelict houses, said: "We are working closely with NIE to have the electricity supply disconnected as a matter of urgency and will demolish the houses immediately this is done.

"In the interim, each individual house had been fully secured as soon as the tenant moved out and the properties have been checked on a daily basis following ongoing vandalism in this area."

Donagh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 26, 2007, 01:56:49 PM
Same thing happened in Dundalk last year. They were sniffing petrol.

Wrong answer. As McClenaghan was commenting, they must have been Fenians and as they had petrol they must have been planning an attack. Any chance you could ban that c*nt as well Mod?

GweylTah

Donagh

So tell us what you find so interesting about a Fenian almost buring himself to death?

GweylTah

Quote from: Donagh on June 26, 2007, 02:17:23 PM
So tell us what you find so interesting about a Fenian almost buring himself to death?

I don't know what happened and I don't know why you feel the need to use such perjorative language.

The story seems to have been written in a way to leave various interpretations.

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on June 26, 2007, 02:17:23 PM

No idea what Gwel found interesting but I thought the attitude of the 'community representative' (which is directly mirrored on the other side before anybody starts havig a go) was very enlightening. Some hoods threaten the workmen who are trying to fix the houses. A 14 year old hood then breaks into a derelict house and starts a fire, in which he gets burnt. Apparently he's not a hood who needs a good kick up the arse, oh no he's actually a victim of the housing executive for not sorting out the houses. Double-speak of the worst kind.

If a 4 year old plays with matches that's an accident if a 14 year old does it he's a hood, it's not that difficult.

nifan

Sake lads i dont know how much of a hood he was, but hed have to be pretty bad to get no sympathy on such a bad injury.

deiseach

Quote from: nifan on June 26, 2007, 04:59:26 PM
Sake lads i dont know how much of a hood he was, but hed have to be pretty bad to get no sympathy on such a bad injury.

Do you have a bad word to say about ANYONE?!?

nifan

Hey im not saying he wasnt a wee scrote - we just dont know
Fact is hes suffered bad burns, so id have some sympathy for him.

pintsofguinness

No idea what Gwel found interesting but I thought the attitude of the 'community representative' (which is directly mirrored on the other side before anybody starts havig a go) was very enlightening. Some hoods threaten the workmen who are trying to fix the houses. A 14 year old hood then breaks into a derelict house and starts a fire, in which he gets burnt. Apparently he's not a hood who needs a good kick up the arse, oh no he's actually a victim of the housing executive for not sorting out the houses. Double-speak of the worst kind.

Yeah thought that myself.
I blame the parents, the wee bollocks should have been beat home.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on June 26, 2007, 04:03:19 PM

If a 4 year old plays with matches that's an accident if a 14 year old does it he's a hood, it's not that difficult.

I haven't seen McClenaghan blaming the HE in this story but from the BBCNI and UTV evening news reports it's very clear the media are pointing the finger at the HE. Showed pictures of the lad in hospital. Burns are on his hands and face. Sniff...