Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 02, 2011, 09:12:58 PM
I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game after getting 5 yellows or how does that work?

That's the bit I like. I've never have not will have I'd say a less nervous end to the season. Coming from 15 points back you tend to feel like you have little to lose and loads to gain. I'll enjoy spooking reds this week!  :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Farrandeelin

In all fairness I would prefer if it was settled by a last minute (preferably injury time) goal against Blackpool on the last day though. Makes it all more interesting!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2011, 09:55:44 PM
I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game after getting 5 yellows or how does that work?

That's the bit I like. I've never have not will have I'd say a less nervous end to the season. Coming from 15 points back you tend to feel like you have little to lose and loads to gain. I'll enjoy spooking reds this week!  :)

I hope Chelsea's performance is better than my English!

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2011, 10:49:34 PM
I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game
after getting 5 yellows or how does that work?

I thought Ross4life had hacked into your account.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on May 02, 2011, 11:33:00 PM
I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game

Upcoming title decider & no Chelsea colours/crest from Minder? I'm generally shocked!!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blowitupref

Quote from: ross4life on May 02, 2011, 11:53:56 PM

Upcoming title decider & no Chelsea colours/crest from Minder? I'm generally shocked!!

When it come's to title deciders nothing will beat this i think  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jiBIdtUKhs
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Minder

Howard Webb is the ref on Sunday, the title race is over for Chelsea.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Going by the previous good fortune they have enjoyed against United, then I wouldn't be so sure.  Does nobody remember the goal Drogba got last season that was offside?  :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1382897/Alex-Fergsuon-complains-Manchester-United-big-decisions--does-point.html
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Great post by Shrewdness above.

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on May 03, 2011, 01:18:43 PM

Lets hope so. ;)

Blowitupref

Quote from: Minder on May 03, 2011, 01:18:43 PM

Aren't you the lad that posted odds claiming the title race was over weeks ago? maybe the title race would be long over if Martin Atkinson wasn't the ref in the last game.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 03, 2011, 01:58:38 PM
Going by the previous good fortune they have enjoyed against United, then I wouldn't be so sure.  Does nobody remember the goal Drogba got last season that was offside?  :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1382897/Alex-Fergsuon-complains-Manchester-United-big-decisions--does-point.html

Ak sure there is a history of United getting decisions against Chelsea. Who'll ever forget David Elleray's MOTM performance in the 1994 FA Cup Final!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 03, 2011, 04:14:20 PM

Ak sure there is a history of United getting decisions against Chelsea. Who'll ever forget David Elleray's MOTM performance in the 1994 FA Cup Final!

Good man Norf, I needed a good laugh. You're a ticket!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 03, 2011, 05:29:45 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 03, 2011, 04:14:20 PM

Good man Norf, I needed a good laugh. You're a ticket!

Don't worry about it. I know you were 15 points clear, and and all that, and fantacising about 19, and now you're worrying about being labelled bottlers, and the team that blew a 15 point lead, and Giggsy's last season being hollow, and having to face Messi and co with the cupboards bear.

But relax it's only a game.

;D

Dave

Quote from: ross4life on May 02, 2011, 11:53:56 PM

Did you mean genuinely maybe?