Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

To be honest I think yous' are looking a bit too much into this Giggs issue. If it had of blatantly went over the line a free would of been given. The fact that it was a 50/50 decision, play was told to go on.

118cmal

owen hargreaves will sign for 17m within the next few days.  The fee has been agreed he just has to put pen to paper.  Its on skysports.  What u guys think?

FermPundit

Quote from: 118cmal on May 19, 2007, 11:01:25 PM
owen hargreaves will sign for 17m within the next few days.  The fee has been agreed he just has to put pen to paper.  Its on skysports.  What u guys think?

Owen Hargreaves going to United?? I didn't see this one happening!  ;)

He's a good player and will be a great addition to the squad next season. He's also gained good experience playing for Bayern in the champions league. I don't think hes worth £17m but if Fergie is willing to pay the fee that'll do for me.

Apparently Fergie has been promised £50m to bring in new players. I heard today that Michael Owen could be heading out of St James' park for a reported £11m transfer fee. If he proves his fitness over the summer I think he would be a great buy.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

corn02

£11 million would not be a great buy seeing as he has a £9 million buy out clause.  ;)

FermPundit

Quote from: corn02 on May 19, 2007, 11:41:01 PM
£11 million would not be a great buy seeing as he has a £9 million buy out clause.  ;)

Yep, I'm well aware of the buy out clause.

From today's Sun.

MICHAEL OWEN has three games to clinch an £11million move to Manchester United.

The Newcastle striker must prove his fitness with England this summer.

United boss Alex Ferguson will monitor Owen when he plays for England B against Andorra next Friday.

The little hitman will be in the squad for the friendly with Brazil at Wembley on June 1.

Then comes the big one — the Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia on June 6.

Despite reports to the contrary, Owen's get-out clause from Newcastle is £11m.

Owen, 27, has had horrendous injury problems since signing for Newcastle for £16m from Real Madrid in August 2005.

The former Liverpool striker broke a metatarsal on New Year's Eve — and made only one more appearance for the Toon that season, at Birmingham in April.

He still went to the World Cup but damaged knee ligaments and was sidelined again until last month.

Owen's Toon tally is 14 games, with seven goals. Newcastle are furious their star man is prepared to exercise his escape clause after such a poor return.

New boss Sam Allardyce has also made it clear he wants talks with Owen as soon as possible in a bid to keep him.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: FermPundit on May 19, 2007, 11:46:59 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 19, 2007, 11:41:01 PM

Yep, I'm well aware of the buy out clause.

From today's Sun.

MICHAEL OWEN has three games to clinch an £11million move to Manchester United.

The Newcastle striker must prove his fitness with England this summer.

United boss Alex Ferguson will monitor Owen when he plays for England B against Andorra next Friday.

The little hitman will be in the squad for the friendly with Brazil at Wembley on June 1.

Then comes the big one — the Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia on June 6.

Despite reports to the contrary, Owen's get-out clause from Newcastle is £11m.

Owen, 27, has had horrendous injury problems since signing for Newcastle for £16m from Real Madrid in August 2005.

The former Liverpool striker broke a metatarsal on New Year's Eve — and made only one more appearance for the Toon that season, at Birmingham in April.

He still went to the World Cup but damaged knee ligaments and was sidelined again until last month.

Owen's Toon tally is 14 games, with seven goals. Newcastle are furious their star man is prepared to exercise his escape clause after such a poor return.

New boss Sam Allardyce has also made it clear he wants talks with Owen as soon as possible in a bid to keep him.

Will never happen
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Still would not believe the £11 million figure simply because of its source.

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: FermPundit on May 19, 2007, 11:12:11 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 19, 2007, 11:01:25 PM
who r they goin 2 drop

Owen Hargreaves going to United?? I didn't see this one happening!  ;)

He's a good player and will be a great addition to the squad next season. He's also gained good experience playing for Bayern in the champions league. I don't think hes worth £17m but if Fergie is willing to pay the fee that'll do for me.

Apparently Fergie has been promised £50m to bring in new players. I heard today that Michael Owen could be heading out of St James' park for a reported £11m transfer fee. If he proves his fitness over the summer I think he would be a great buy.
Dont Do It

118cmal

okay, so with the hargreaves deal basically finalised, im strugglin to imagine what our starting 11 will be next year.  I know its great to have a good bench, but perhaps the 17m could have been better spent on a world class striker or maybe a left winger.  In my opinion our midfield is fine for another year or two until scholesy retires, and on yesterdays performance that doesnt look too soon.  However, fergie is the main man and I trust him to have something up his sleeve, maybe a 3-man midfield??
Here's my selection for next season:
                                                          VDS

G neville          Vidic           Rio       Evra

HArgreaves  Carrick
                        Ronaldo                Scholes            Giggs

Rooney

What u guys think?  Id prefer to see a flat four in midfield with another striker bought to partner rooney, but its going to be very hard to drop scholes, hargreaves or carrick.

Also what realistic targets would u like to see at OT.  Huntelaar's goal record is v. impressive, and I also think berbatov would be a great addition, b ut probably too expensive.  Not sure about the left wing though, theres a real lack of left sided players in the premiership.  U guys know of anyone?  Ive heard rumours about Nani, but he would be unproven and a risky buy IMO

FermPundit

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about team selections for next season. To compete in all major competitons United need a bigger squad with more strength in depth. With the number of games to played and when injuries are taken into consideration there'll be plenty of games for every player next season

charlie stubbs

linked with some fella alves from heerenveen 2dAy in paper.34 goals in 31 games this season

Syd

What about Van Nistelrooy, a Dutch striker that plays for Real Madrid. He would be a good "fit", as they say in the US of A, for Manchester.....

An Fear Rua

All things Scouse and Merseyside
All Dippers on the Kop
Cilla and the Diddymen
The Lord God made the lot

Each tiny bunch of flowers
When anything goes wrong
They wallow in self-pity
And sing their Munich song

All things foul and verminous
Shellsuits of every hue
Trip us up on paving slabs
And we'll be sure to sue

Each time that bad things happen
They always say the same
It's never Liverpudlians
'Cos Chelsea are to blame

All things West of Manchester
All Dirties on the rob
Lose your match on Wednesday night
Oh please almighty God!

by the Cheshire Cat
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Robbo to take Lord Snooty to Sheff United, oh please make it true....
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

MAN United ace Ryan Giggs split up a brawl at his annual star-studded charity do after his brother allegedly punched a guest.

Rhodri Giggs is said to have lashed out at a Londoner who made taunts about United's 1-0 FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea.

The fight broke out at a black-tie dinner and golf fundraiser at the famous Belfry Hotel, near Birmingham, which is organised by Welsh star Ryan, 33.

An onlooker claimed: "Rhodri punched the bloke in the face and burst his nose. Ryan stepped in to grab his brother and calm the situation down. Then the cops turned up."

nice one giggsy..
Its Grim up North