Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

I should say... I'm not in anyway saying that United are in immediate financial trouble, or that they are at risk of becoming Liverpool, they most definitely are not.

However they have an aging squad that is going to require signifigant investment (particularly if Rooney does indeed leave), and it is by no means certain that any funds will be available to do that, which I believe would lead to decline.

magpie seanie

The longer Rooney stays the more the price drops (especially if he maintains his current "form"). Poor ould Ross4life is still in denial about the financial situation and the Glazers. Ronaldo was kept because he was still producing the goods and had time to run on his contract (so his value wasn't dropping). AFAIK he never went so far as to not be on speaking terms with the manager. The situations are not comparable.

McGrens has summed it up perfectly there bar omitting that on top of replacing players with no funds available, they need to replace the greatest manager British soccer has ever seen. Decline is inevitable at this point I feel. The sooner those leprechaun imitating pricks are gone the sooner the rebuilding can begin.

ross4life

Denial me hole! Ronaldo wanted out in 2008 & Fergie increased his value by keeping him longer & if the Rooney story is true he'll try to do the same again with him

As for fund's.. no money for a fergie's replacement meaning we'll have to settle for a cheaper option
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Of course Rooney would consider it! sure twice the wage's & City will need a replacement for Tevez who is likely to walk after this season
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gawa316

Quote from: ross4life on October 18, 2010, 11:59:27 PM
Denial me hole! Ronaldo wanted out in 2008 & Fergie increased his value by keeping him longer & if the Rooney story is true he'll try to do the same again with him

Have you even listened to magpie? Rooney's contract has only about 20 months to run, which if stories are true he is not going to renew/extend. Therefore if bacon face keeps he longer as you say the only thing that will happen is his value will decrease. At least in January they will still get a decent fee, cause the next 2 transfers after this window they will get peanuts compared to what he is actually worth

nrico2006

Until we hear what Fergie says today or what Rooney actually thinks then nobody knows what is going on.  I don't think he is going anywhere.  The biggest worry is still the Glazers, is there any sign of getting rid of them?  Out of the millions of United fans out there, there is bound to be one with the connections to employ a Jackal style Assassin to take them out.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

kumquat

Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 19, 2010, 08:51:30 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 19, 2010, 12:22:05 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321675/Wayne-Rooney-Id-join-Manchester-City.html

Where in this article does he say he would join City?

Have to say that headline has to be in the running for the most misleading headline ever.

Am I the only one that thinks this whole Rooney thing is just a load of old shite??

EC Unique

Quote from: Boycey on October 19, 2010, 11:12:04 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321675/Wayne-Rooney-Id-join-Manchester-City.html

Have to say that headline has to be in the running for the most misleading headline ever.

Am I the only one that thinks this whole Rooney thing is just a load of old shite??

The story is now starting to turn towards Rooney not being happy with lack of investment in new 'world class' players. Could it all be a cunning plan to get $$$ from the americans?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EC Unique on October 19, 2010, 12:17:44 PM

The story is now starting to turn towards Rooney not being happy with lack of investment in new 'world class' players. Could it all be a cunning plan to get $$$ from the americans?

Oh sneaky. That's why they dropped points against WBA, and VDS threw wan into the net.

Crafty, crafty.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 18, 2010, 02:15:10 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 18, 2010, 12:35:18 PM
It it's a choice between keeping the manager or Rooney I reckon the club should bite the bullet and show the dinosaur that is Ferguson out the door. He is past his sell by date-doing a great impersonation of the late Brian Clough in his latter days as manager. Some baffling decisions. Rooney will be a top player long after Fergie has left the scene

Any United Supporter who thinks the above is seriously a sorry individual. Fergie has had one way traffic with funds(leaving the club), over the last couple of years. He is dealing with a slave club to the Glaziers. How he is keeping the Club at the top is a minor miracle. There's little or no one who could do much better at the moment. Clearly you were not around in the mid 80's when Utd were a joke.

* on a footnote, this could be his season to leave as the club is Fecked!
Au contraire- I have been United follower for many's a year- have seen countless sides from the dark days of Dave Sexton through to now. IMO Ferguson is losing touch with modern game. Not helped by financial constraints either right enough. Should be bending over backwards to keep Rooney

EC Unique

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 19, 2010, 12:23:10 PM

Oh sneaky. That's why they dropped points against WBA, and VDS threw wan into the net.

Crafty, crafty.

Your on to us Norf :D

Boycey

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 19, 2010, 12:23:10 PM

Crafty, crafty.

Summer 2009 Englands Lionheart JT pleads to be allowed talk to Manchester City.....................

Several weeks later nice fat new contract. Hmmm I wonder