Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Honestly thought we were dead and buried at 1-2, one of the best matches in ages.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Redgreenery

This is making out for a very very good game next week!! Can't wait!

Farrandeelin

Only saw the second half but by God it was great!! Brilliant display by all the Utd players! We should take Milan in the second leg.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Great game, fair play to United in coming back, but either through fatigue or tactics, Milan's approach was brutal in the second half. With united's defence so weakened, attack should have been their best form of defence. Where was Inzaghi? Is he injured?

Gattuso was a big loss to Milan, as usual he was breaking up a lot of play.

At the end I thought that 3-2 to united was actually not a lot worse for Milan than 2-2. I have a feeling Milan would have tried to replicate the second half tonight next week if it finished 2-2, whereas now they will have to attack somewhat.

United are very dangerous on the counter though.

Finely poised I'd say, but I'd make United favourites

Tony Baloney

Disappointed in that last goal as it means 1-1 in Milan would have seen Milan go through. United have the luck of the devil though. 1-0 will seal it for AC though.

john mcgill

Phone photo of saynothin and Paddy Kielty having a pint, before the Milan game,  doing the rounds in Armagh last night.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 24, 2007, 09:49:09 PM
Evra is a clown and is Ronaldo.

Is this Giles or Dunphy??

Evra bombed up & down the whole match. He made one mistake for the 2nd goal...unfortunate!

Ronaldo took one for the team last night. In the 1st half he tried coming inside & working his magic. He caused a bit of bother, but there was 3 men on him, each time.

In the 2nd half, I think Fergie told him to stay wide, so when the 3 men closed him down, it created space in the middle for Rooney to make runs & Carrick, Scholes & Fletcher to get on the ball & cause damage. the 3 midfielders were super.

The turning point in the game, as said, was Gattusso going off, this allowed Scholsey to control the middle!

Great result, only half time though, avoid defeat next Wednesday & WE'll make another final this year! CLASS!  ;D

Spiritof98

Great win last night. The style of football were now playing when chasing a game is just wonderful to watch, got in for the 2nd half and was amazed at how easy Utd controlled the game. The 3rd goal was vital and I think we will win in Milan, they will have to attack and we can catch them on the counter
I'll go back if Marsdens back

full back

Big night in Milan next week. Wouldnt have taken that result at the beginning of the game but would have been satisfied with it at half time. The 2 away goals could prove to be crucial, but in all honesty Milan did seem to run out of steam after Utd's 2nd goal & if we can keep the pressure on in the San Siro we have a great chance.
Two side notes
1) Who was the bird sitting with the Glazier's (fit as fcuk 8))
2) Around the 83rd minute it said Carrick had run over 10km in the game-I assume this is done by laser-now I know GAA games are 20 minutes shorter but has any GAA player ever had this done & how far have they covered?

magpie seanie

QuoteAround the 83rd minute it said Carrick had run over 10km in the game-I assume this is done by laser-now I know GAA games are 20 minutes shorter but has any GAA player ever had this done & how far have they covered?

I've noticed that they are doing this in the Champs league games this last while. It would be very interesting to see it for all players. I suspect there are many pros who wouldn't like that though but if I was their employer i'd be keen on it. It would also be interesting to see the comparison with GAA players.

Goats Do Shave

I'd love to see what Fletcher runs in a game...unreal energy!

Captain Scarlet

all the talk was on scholes from the boys last nite nad praise was duly given but i thought fletcher was man of the match.
he was unreal and also carrick was very cool under pressure.

even the much maligned john o'shea had a fine game and was always offering down the right while still defending well. in the first few quarter he cut out a lot of ball.

credit where credit is due to the lesser lights.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Uladh

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 25, 2007, 10:33:15 AM
I've noticed that they are doing this in the Champs league games this last while. It would be very interesting to see it for all players. I suspect there are many pros who wouldn't like that though but if I was their employer i'd be keen on it. It would also be interesting to see the comparison with GAA players.

Any GAA player from 5 - 12 would easily beat that in a game, although the extra 20 minutes might mitigate against. the size of soccer pitches compared to GAA pitches and the makeup of the game mean that Football is a more mobile and there is less rest for a player. the most energetic soccer player would be a box to box midfielder and in essence he's only running about 50 yards in a run. a paedar gardner or ryan mcmenamin run would typically be longer than 100 yards.

full back

Have no idea how far intercounty GAA players would run in a game, but 10 km seems like a wild lot

SlimShady

that measurement in the Champions League is every step they take- the ball is only in play about half an hour and a lot of the ground is covered dandering about.

A football player would cover half as much more imho.