Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

Jam.

Fulham fairly rued those misses.

I rue my missus.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

Now that the sport has finished for the day.

that was an ugly win, Fulham fans must be gutted, they missed a hatfull and paid the price, prior to Ronaldo scoring he was fouled and the ref diddnt give the free, the next time he got the ball he was pumped up and this was the incentive he needed.

If they play like that next week against LPool they would get a pasting, hope no injuries.

Goats Do Shave

maxpower

Great result, especially given it seems United were the second best team.  One of the few matches i didn't get to see and its hard o tell from MoTD but these are the sort of results united seem to be picking up maximum points now whereas last year they prob would have got nothing from the game.

The Liverpool match is huge, i hope Fergie really goes for the win, despite liverpool's fantastic EPL record at Anfield i still believe they can be turned over.  12 points clear would be a huge advantage regardless of games in hand
What happens next????

magpie seanie

I'd say we will see Fergies intent this week and I predict a dodgy team (and probable elimination) for the Cup replay tomorrow night. It will be sacrificed with two huge games coming in the week following against the rat eaters and the sore losers. If United beat Liverpool next Saturday the league is all but over.

Farrandeelin

That's probably true magpie if United beat the Scousers next weekend then it will be as good as over then. But if Utd continue to play like the way they've played in the last 2 games the season will be prolonged for another while I'm afraid.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gold

Is Larsson gonna stay or wots the story?

Is he playin well still?

Only saw his first few games
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Square Ball

The way we have played over the last two games have been truely terrible, but we have still managed to win both games, this is very similar to the season we had when Eric scored all those goals in 1-0ers. We cannot play any worse then we played in the last two games.

Its down to who has the balls at this stage to take the hard decisions, feck the FA cup, play a weakened team, if we win its a bonus. there are only 10 games left, we need 24 points and thats it, 8 wins, look who we have to play:

Saturday, 03 March 2007
Barclays Premiership
Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, 17 March 2007
Barclays Premiership
Man Utd v Bolton, 12:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, 31 March 2007
Barclays Premiership
Man Utd v Blackburn, 15:00
Saturday, 07 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Portsmouth v Man Utd, 17:15

Tuesday, 10 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Man Utd v Sheff Utd, 20:00

Sunday, 15 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Man Utd, 13:30

Saturday, 21 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Man Utd v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Saturday, 28 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Everton v Man Utd, 12:00

Saturday, 05 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Man City v Man Utd, 15:00

Sunday, 13 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Man Utd v West Ham, 15:00

Can we win the 5 home games? hope so, target, 3 away wins and thats it, hard to see us being able to do the eight wins, we will drop points. The Chelski match may be moved as that weekend is down to be the FA cup semi final weekend and one of the two should be there. Chelsea have:

Saturday, 03 March 2007
Barclays Premiership
Portsmouth v Chelsea, 17:15
Wednesday, 14 March 2007
Barclays Premiership
Man City v Chelsea, 20:00
Saturday, 17 March 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Sheff Utd, 15:00
Saturday, 31 March 2007
Barclays Premiership
Watford v Chelsea, 17:15
Saturday, 07 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Tottenham, 12:45
Monday, 09 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
West Ham v Chelsea, 15:00
Sunday, 15 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Man Utd, 13:30

Saturday, 21 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Newcastle v Chelsea, 15:00
Saturday, 28 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Bolton, 15:00
Saturday, 05 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Arsenal v Chelsea, 15:00
Sunday, 13 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Everton, 15:00

hard to see they dropping too many points, but they will!Heres hoping.

We lack the strenght in depth we used to have, other than the starting 11 we have very few other quality players to pick from, this ultimately could be our Achilles Heel.

1000th post

Square Ball

Lille to continue Man Utd protest 

Lille appeared to consider walking off in protest
Lille have confirmed they will continue their appeal against Uefa's decision to allow Manchester United's goal to stand in their stormy Champions League clash.
The French club lodged a complaint over Ryan Giggs's quickly taken free-kick but it was rejected by Uefa.

The European governing body will consider their appeal on Friday.

Uefa has also charged Lille with the improper behaviour of their players, who appeared to contemplate leaving the pitch in protest at United's goal.

A Uefa statement said: "Lille had until midnight [on Monday] to file an appeal after the Control and Disciplinary Body rejected the Ligue 1 side's claim that there had been a technical mistake by the referee in allowing Ryan Giggs's match-winning free-kick to be taken without having blown his whistle.

"The Control and Disciplinary Body vetoed the protest on the grounds that there was no proof of a technical error, making the solitary strike of last Tuesday's first knockout round first-leg tie in Lens perfectly valid.

"Uefa's Appeals Body will consider the Lille appeal on Friday."

A statement released on Lille's website said: "President Michel Seydoux and the board of Lille have decided to appeal against the decision made on Friday by the European authority.

"The true question is to determine how the Man Utd players came to take so quickly the free-kick that led to the goal, as they showed signs of a different intention.   ???

"Following these principles, Lille have therefore taken the decision to go through with a fight that seems correct to them."

No idea what that is supposed to mean

tones81

after sat i really think were goina win it, chelsea arent goina win alll there games, think we can afford to drop 9 points and still be comfotable, didnt like the way ronaldo acted when took of against lille, i no he's great player but if we could get 35-40 million for him take it,need a striker who's goina bang in 30 goals a season & midfielder carrick not united standard

tones81

Quote from: Gold on February 26, 2007, 07:02:33 PM
Is Larsson gonna stay or wots the story?

Is he playin well still?

Only saw his first few games

he said he's not goina stay,but u no fregie he could still change his mind... he's playing ok... its hard on him because he's travelling between sweden and manchester!  he will always be a legend HAIL THE KING OF KINGS

Redgreenery

QuoteIt's unlikely there'll be room for Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs or Henrik Larsson in Sir Alex Ferguson's side when United visit Reading on Tuesday.

Instead, the Reds boss will give first-team fringe players another chance, just as he did when the sides met at Old Trafford only nine days ago.

"Some of the older players will be rested," confirmed Sir Alex.

"It's important I use the squad in terms of getting minutes in the FA Cup for a lot of the players. But most importantly, we want to put out a team that can win."

Alan Smith may find himself in Sir Alex's plans for what would be the striker's first match in this season's competition. Smith has struggled to force his way back into the side after recovering from the broken leg he sustained in the 2006 FA Cup defeat at Liverpool.

In January, the 26-year-old rejected the chance to join a Championship club on loan, preferring instead to remain at Old Trafford and fight for a place.

"At the time I said going away on loan would be a good thing for him," admitted Sir Alex.

"But he had the ambition and drive within to say, 'I want to get back in the team'. That showed great faith in himself. Alan has great courage and enthusiasm to play football, which always gives him a chance."

I predict a hard and close game and possibly extra time but a Utd win!!

venter