Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Thats true, all three haven't been at their best

magpie seanie

It should be remembered in this discussion that Ferguson has treated Tevez far worse than Benitez has treated Robbie Keane. Tevez was dropped after scoring 4 goals in one game! The respective reactions of the two players tells a lot.

Tevez has only started 9 league games this season (came on as sub 6 times) and has 2 goals and 2 assists in the league. He has 6 goals in the Carling Cup and one in the Champions League. in 2007/8 he started 31 games in the league and came on as sub 3 times, scoring 14 goals.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2009, 02:21:59 PM
It should be remembered in this discussion that Ferguson has treated Tevez far worse than Benitez has treated Robbie Keane. Tevez was dropped after scoring 4 goals in one game! The respective reactions of the two players tells a lot.

Nail on head.

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2009, 02:21:59 PM

Tevez has only started 9 league games this season (came on as sub 6 times) and has 2 goals and 2 assists in the league. He has 6 goals in the Carling Cup and one in the Champions League. in 2007/8 he started 31 games in the league and came on as sub 3 times, scoring 14 goals.
I think you'll find Tevez will retain his Carling Cup place  ;)

A lot of bullshít talked about Keane's reaction. Choosing to watch a game at home rather than in the stands is "a nothing", happens all the time, but somehow got spun into a walkout. Nonsense.

anportmorforjfc

Could be a hard game tonight, with the injuries we have. Hopefully be can break the clean sheet record.

slow corner back

Considering the injuries this year especially at the back that really is some achievement and sure says something about Vidic and VDS who afaik are the only ones to play in each game, though I could be wrong on vidic.

anportmorforjfc

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 27, 2009, 11:52:12 AM
Could be a hard game tonight, with the injuries we have. Hopefully be can break the clean sheet record.
No doubt United's defence has been excellent especially considering the injuries, but tonight...
A. It's West Brom.
B. It's West Brom's reserves. They have a dozen injured.

United to win easing up.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

Tonights team? Think it will be:

VDS, Fletch, Neville, Vidic, JOS, Giggs, Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berba.

Only argument could be over whether you play a young lad like Eckersley at right back and put Fletcher in midfield at the expense of Scholes. With it being an away game I'd consider it. Scholes just struggles to get to the pace of the game these days, especially early in games (he was chronic in the first 25 v. Spurs at the weekend). Still, I'd go with the above which is what I reckon Fergie will do.

Game is not on TV afaik (Pompey v. Villa is on Sky).

anportmorforjfc

With 3 out that 4 in the backline we may struggle to break the record.

slow corner back

I would be worried about Giggs and Scholes both in CM. One or other for me, probably Giggs as he didnt play bat the weekend and may be fresh. Do not rule out Gibson filling the CM berth as Fergie was praising him up at the weekend.

RedandGreenSniper

But Carrick is centre mid in Seanie's selection, along with Scholes. Giggs and Ronnie on the wings. Defence is where the problems are but as Norf Tyrone says, WBA are struggling themselves so we could be okay
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

IVEDECIDED

The game is on a fench channel, canal+. Does anyone know if theres any bars in Newcastle in England that has these channels?

maxpower

Quote from: slow corner back on January 27, 2009, 01:11:43 PM
I would be worried about Giggs and Scholes both in CM. One or other for me, probably Giggs as he didnt play bat the weekend and may be fresh. Do not rule out Gibson filling the CM berth as Fergie was praising him up at the weekend.

Think Ferguson could be talking up Gibson for potential suitors, haven't seen anything from him to even remotely suggest a top player
What happens next????

new devil

Rio is back tonight..park also starts and brown is on the bench..
2-0 with tevez getting them both