Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

...There are a lot less Scottish players playing in England's top flight now!

(& for that matter Irish!)

FermPundit

With the internatonal break now over its back to the league this weekend with an away match against Bolton. On paper it woud apear that this should an easy 3 points for United but although the team has been in great form over the last month this game as a look of a potential bannana skin about it. Bolton have improved since Megson has taken over and it is always dfficult to get back into the flow of things after the international break. Hopefully though United should have too much class for Bolton and all 3 points will be picked up tomorrow.

I was trying my best today to defend John O'Shea in work today after it was announced he has signed a new 3 year deal. I think far too many united fans are far too quick to say he's useless. I agree he will never be a first team regular at OT but he's a good squad player who are can play in a number of key positions. I was listening to the Matt Copper show tonight and he was making the argument that he should move to a new club such as Newcastle where he could cement a position in the team and get regular first team football. I suppose the opportunity to win medals at old trafford is too attractive for him to ask for a transfer to another club.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

under the bar

QuoteI was trying my best today to defend John O'Shea in work today after it was announced he has signed a new 3 year deal.

How could United ever get rid of the lad after he scored the injury time winner at the Kop end last season?? ;D :D ;D

J70

Quote from: FermPundit on November 23, 2007, 11:04:55 PM
I was trying my best today to defend John O'Shea in work today after it was announced he has signed a new 3 year deal. I think far too many united fans are far too quick to say he's useless. I agree he will never be a first team regular at OT but he's a good squad player who are can play in a number of key positions. I was listening to the Matt Copper show tonight and he was making the argument that he should move to a new club such as Newcastle where he could cement a position in the team and get regular first team football. I suppose the opportunity to win medals at old trafford is too attractive for him to ask for a transfer to another club.

Every club needs their bit-part players, but you don't normally see a player filling that role for years on end. Winning medals is great, but O'Shea will never be remembered as being one of the primary players behind any success that comes or has come United's way. If winning medals (primarily through the class of others) and 15 minutes playing time each week with a leading club make him happier than fulfilling his own potential by getting regular football at a lesser club, then more power to him.

new devil

He will always be a legend in my eyes for scoring against those tramps and winning us the title at anfield :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

SeanSouth

Quote from: new devil on November 24, 2007, 09:28:11 AM
He will always be a legend in my eyes for scoring against those tramps and winning us the title at anfield :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Another insightful post from New Devil.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

inisceithleann

Poor result today, but it was always going to be a tough Lancashire derby. Arsenal are looking class at the minute and we seriously can't drop any points especially against those at the bottom of the table.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

TacadoirArdMhacha

Anybody see the match today? Shockin result. Much as Bolton have improved that's still Megson's first win. Can't afford to let Arsenal get any further ahead.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

FermPundit

I had a bad feeling about this match all week. I think today showed how important Rooney and in particular Vidic are to the side. The Bolton goal came from a poor piece of defending from Pique who totally mistimed his jump allowing Anelka to turn at the edge of the box to score.

United looked out of sorts today. The international break came at totally the wrong time. Saha has been a major disappointment this season. With Rooney out injured the team needed him to step up to plate and put in a decent performance. Unfortunately we didn't get that today. I really feel we need to purchase a decent back up striker in the January transfer window as it appears that when Rooney is out the team doesn't struggles. It showed at the start of the season and the evidence was there again today.

So it's Fulham and Derby up next, both at home. You would like to think we should pick up 6 points from these games because if United have any aspirations to defend the title they need to avoid dropping points to teams at the bottom end of the table.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ONeill

"Bolton set an aggressive tone and we needed some protection from the referee but we didn't get it. It was just foul after foul after foul and we became embroiled. I told (referee Mark Clattenburg) exactly what I thought and he didn't like it. Some referees don't like the truth. I just told him how bad I thought he was in the first half."
Man Utd boss Sir Ferguson on being sent off against Bolton

Mmmm. Get your own lines Salax.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GalwayBayBoy

What was that plonker Ferguson playing at today? >:(

Doesn't he know I made Ronaldo captain of my fantasy football team.

Puckoon

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 24, 2007, 05:13:12 PM
Anybody see the match today? Shockin result. Much as Bolton have improved that's still Megson's first win. Can't afford to let Arsenal get any further ahead.

Watched the match on setanta. Man united were scrappy, poor, passing was off.

gerry

Just seen match highlights on RTE. United shocking, Carlos Tevez missed a sitter and what was Van Der Sar doing out there.  Thank god we not like Liverpool needing a win on Tuesday night.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Norf Tyrone

Listened to some of the game on the radio. It said on the wireless that Fergie was on the phone to Phelan ( I think) during the second half. Is this not against the rules?

I remember Mourinho getting hung, drawn and quartered when they thought he was in contact with his coaching team in the CL a few seasons back, while he was suspended.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone