Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 29, 2016, 09:58:54 AM
I was the same, read an article last week and saw a few forum posts where everyone was saying United were in for a trimming etc and I was confused as to whether we were playing Barcelona or a team who Southampton thumped 4-0 a few weeks back.  Was confident of a win yesterday, for some reason I have more confidence in United in the bigger games at the minute than when they play the supposed weaker teams.

For the last couple of seasons that has been the pattern. Better results against the top teams. If the poor results against bottom half teams were turned around the picture would be very different.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on February 29, 2016, 10:45:24 AM
I was the same, read an article last week and saw a few forum posts where everyone was saying United were in for a trimming etc and I was confused as to whether we were playing Barcelona or a team who Southampton thumped 4-0 a few weeks back.  Was confident of a win yesterday, for some reason I have more confidence in United in the bigger games at the minute than when they play the supposed weaker teams.

For the last couple of seasons that has been the pattern. Better results against the top teams. If the poor results against bottom half teams were turned around the picture would be very different.

So Utd will struggle against Liverpool in the Thursday night games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 29, 2016, 02:40:50 PM

Not if LVG's pattern against them continues...

NAG1

Quote from: GJL on February 29, 2016, 03:01:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 29, 2016, 02:40:50 PM

Not if LVG's pattern against them continues...

I think the confidence will hopefully still be building having had a run of wins, but the games between United and Liverpool are never real barometers of current form. So it will come down to who make least mistakes over the two legs, such will be the fear of losing and effectively ending the season for either side.

Maroon Manc

Liverpools last 2 performances at OT have been appalling, we haven't had to do much to beat them. In fairness we were outstanding at Anfield last year whilst we were lucky to come away with a win this season. I just think their due a result against us, we've got more quality than them but I wont be going into the games with any great confidence despite Sundays results.

It looks like Fosu-Mensah will start left back tomorrow night if Rojo doesn't recover as he took no part in the u21's last night whilst Riley started the game.

The Stallion

Quote from: stew on February 29, 2016, 09:25:54 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on February 27, 2016, 10:54:24 PM
He's been woeful for England at every major tournament bar Euro 2004.

Right, he scores goals for fun for them and pardon me for asking but isn't scoring goals his job for his country?

Yes, scoring goals is his job. 2 goals in major international tournaments in a decade.would suggest he's not very good at good job though.

Over the Bar

Phil Jones is some case of a sick note for a big brute of a lad.  His sort of build you'd expect him to run thru walls and come out smiling. 

NAG1

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 01, 2016, 11:54:01 PM
Phil Jones is some case of a sick note for a big brute of a lad.  His sort of build you'd expect him to run thru walls and come out smiling.

Probably a lad who has developed too quickly and is suffering for it now, hopefully he can come good like Smalling (touch wood) barring that injury to his shoulder recently from the bang into the hoardings has been relatively consistent.

Boycey

Watford absolutely playing United off the park here...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on March 02, 2016, 08:44:41 PM
Watford absolutely playing United off the park here...

Liverpool doing utd a favour too....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Watford are 9/1.... Worth couple quid

GJL

beer baron

Hell of a freekick  :o Now don't f**k it up. All te other sides doing us favours. What a messed up league.

StGallsGAA

What a night of results for Leicester.  lf they'd won last night as they should have they'd be almost home and hosed!

laoislad

Quote from: beer baron on March 02, 2016, 09:44:14 PM
Hell of a freekick  :o Now don't f**k it up. All te other sides doing us favours. What a messed up league.
;D yeah the league title is in the bag....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.