Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

That looked like a mad VAR call.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 04, 2023, 12:22:42 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 04, 2023, 12:08:50 PMWho goes to a night club for their 26th birthday anyway?

A millionaire footballer, maybe?

But like, he hardly   committed a crime.  Are footballers not allowed any sort  of a social life? They can't live like monks
If you're gonna be a professional footballer and get 300k+ a week I don't think its much to ask to not go on the lash after getting embarrassed in a derby for the umpteenth time in your career. All about standards. Simply wouldn't have happened under Fergie. I know Rooney was doing it plenty but he was getting fined for it and still playing unreal stuff whereas Rashford (and most of the team) look like they've never seen a football before.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2023, 12:44:31 PMThat looked like a mad VAR call.

NBC said the call hinged on whether Maguire tried to play the ball i.e. interfered with play. The ref was called over to make that decision.

Another one of those where it would have been given for most of the history of football.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2023, 01:30:20 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2023, 12:44:31 PMThat looked like a mad VAR call.

NBC said the call hinged on whether Maguire tried to play the ball i.e. interfered with play. The ref was called over to make that decision.

Another one of those where it would have been given for most of the history of football.

Yeah Maguire clearly made an attempt to play the ball. Even Rio saying it was offside

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2023, 01:35:06 PM

Yeah Maguire clearly made an attempt to play the ball. Even Rio saying it was offside

If he not handing goals to opponents or scoring OG's he's straying offside and cancelling out goals!

I've backed Fulham at 2/1... so I'll not be disappointed lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

It was a little bit more than just going for the ball, the issue was whether by going for the ball he prevented the Fulham defender from getting the ball. If he'd been unmarked then Maguire attempting to hit and missing the ball would not have been interfering.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on November 04, 2023, 01:46:01 PM

It was a little bit more than just going for the ball, the issue was whether by going for the ball he prevented the Fulham defender from getting the ball. If he'd been unmarked then Maguire attempting to hit and missing the ball would not have been interfering.

Whatever, he shouldn't have been offside as he's looking along that line, it should be difficult for a professional or someone with eyes for instance to judge if you are on or off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

statto

Hojlund and Garnacho attitude terrible today also when taken off and when don't receive ball. Neither tearing up any trees themselves but that's type of attitude unsurprising given the dressing room they in.

statto

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2023, 01:37:20 PM

If he not handing goals to opponents or scoring OG's he's straying offside and cancelling out goals!

he's actually been one of the better players of late.varane must be causing bother behind the scenes if Evans is playing ahead of him

Milltown Row2

Quote from: statto on November 04, 2023, 02:22:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2023, 01:37:20 PM

he's actually been one of the better players of late.varane must be causing bother behind the scenes if Evans is playing ahead of him

Doesn't say much about Utd if Maguire is their better player

Cunny Funt

A win and clean sheet which is rare enough for that group of United players.

Late winner earned the win but could have been more comfortable had the ref and VAR not found something wrong with the goal from McTominay 1st half. In between those two goals it was such a poor quality contest. Fulham will probably be looking at themselves in the dressing room the most, playing at home against a bang out of form team off the back of two 3-0 defeats and they just seemed happy with a 0-0 result.

RedHand88

Yes if only the first goal was a legal goal then it would have been 2-0

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 04, 2023, 03:05:20 PMYes if only the first goal was a legal goal then it would have been 2-0

It wasn't a goal to begin with..

Blowitupref

Just seen that disallowed goal on the highlights. VAR was brought in to find clear and obvious mistakes made by officials on the field, I'm not sure that falls under that category?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trailer

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 04, 2023, 03:58:18 PM

Just seen that disallowed goal on the highlights. VAR was brought in to find clear and obvious mistakes made by officials on the field, I'm not sure that falls under that category?

Ridiculous call. Of course City fella literally 5 foot offside jumping over the ball is onside but Utd get all the calls apparently