Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

A sad way for him to leave the club.  There's a lot of truth in the old saying, never go back.

Where fans stand on the value of having the present day Ronaldo in the team depends on how they view football.  Those who love him and get a kick out of him scoring will be naturally disappointed he doesn't play.  Anybody who gets the concept of the team and the sum of its parts will see the bigger picture.
That's just, like your opinion man.

rodney trotter

It's a bit of pattern with Ronaldo's last few clubs. He didn't need to leave Madrid, but felt they didn't praise him enough. After he left Juventus a few of the Juve players like Bonucci said they were happy, as Ronaldo was above the team.

Maroon Manc

Ronaldo just making sure he gets his move in January, its not the right way to go about it but he doesn't trust the Glazers and don't blame him for that, he was probably told to behave and he'll get the move in January but this interview makes sure he does; He's now made it impossible for Ten Hag to managed him.

Ronaldo's performances are a long way of last seasons, he's finished at the really top level based on what we've seen.

Ronaldo has started in most of United's poor performances in the league this season, anytime United have played well he didn't start and certainly no coincidence as he's bringing nothing to the team; If's he's not scoring he's not contributing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 14, 2022, 10:36:38 AM
I think from Ronaldo's perspective, some of what he is saying is true, but going on TV and slating the club is certainly not the way to handle it. 

He was on the premier league team of the year, and I believe top goal scorer last season for the team and is now starting the bench.  To a degree, ETH has shown disrespect in the sense that he is using his age against him and not playing him.  I also think ETH is using Ronaldo as a crutch to beat his other players into line.     

The person aside, would any other team bench a player that made the top 11 in the league the previous season as well as finishing top goal scorer, probably not.

Last season is in the past you deal in the present.

His stats this season.
Goals 3 (1 penalty)  assists 2 (both in the Europa league) games 16 goals per 90 minutes 0.26. minutes per goal 350    Total Shots 42   goal accuracy 7%   shot accuracy 31%

In summary most teams would bench a player with those type of stats.

The only truth that I see in  that interview was the lack of improvements/investment the owners have put into the club in terms of facilities since he left. The club's infrastructure has come in for criticism for a number of years so no "exclusive" there but improvements are in pipeline or be it long overdue.

A new manager trying to rebuild a team shouldn't have to deal with such nonsense and in the main he's handled it fairly well.  Ronaldo didn't feature in the last two games because of some "illness" i presume the real reason is because of this known interview and suspended again. 

Ronaldo airing his views with the scummy Sun and a gobshite like Pier Morgan tells you all you need to know about his current mind set.

Armagh18

Bord na Mona man

Ronaldo has done the manager a big favour here. He can now get him out the door without much backlash. It reduces the wage bill and he can start shopping for a younger goal scorer which is what Utd lack.

Bringing him back was more sentimental than practical. While he scores (or used to score) goals, there are also drawbacks to the overall team. Everything gets funnelled through him meaning Ronaldo to some degree was getting the goals that others were getting before that. His lack of work rate off the ball increases the burden on the rest of the team. So the nett benefit was not as big as the headline stats.

It was similar with bringing Ibrahimovic, while he scored a decent amount, he wasn't particularly mobile and didn't contribute hugely in other aspects of play.
Ronaldo will find that because he's no longer an elite player, his childishness won't get humoured any more in any decent sized club.

stiffler

A sorry way for Ronaldo to leave the club, slating all around him. I thought it was a low blow the comments on Rooney, who is a bigger club legend than Ronaldo.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Wildweasel74

Ronaldo has always been about one thing, Me, Me, Me, he never been a team player, and its showed so many times, He not be there come Jan Transfer window.

Armagh18

You'd like to think what he's saying about not getting the time off when his daughter was sick isn't true. Doesn't paint United in a good light at all.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2022, 08:22:08 AM
You'd like to think what he's saying about not getting the time off when his daughter was sick isn't true. Doesn't paint United in a good light at all.

He did get the time off, the point he's making is that he wasn't believed by the top brass at the time.

Jeepers Creepers

Footage of Fernandez kind of ghosting him on International duty. A few interesting conversations there. Airing your dirty laundry on the Piers Morgan (of all people) show was wrong. Having a go at the top brass fair enough but including ETH has mean't he has lost support from most? As said before it would be different if he was banging them in.

Armagh18

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 15, 2022, 09:00:54 AM
Footage of Fernandez kind of ghosting him on International duty. A few interesting conversations there. Airing your dirty laundry on the Piers Morgan (of all people) show was wrong. Having a go at the top brass fair enough but including ETH has mean't he has lost support from most? As said before it would be different if he was banging them in.
Yeah if he was 10 years younger and at his best people might pick him over ETH but at this stage it's clear Ten Haag is the future and seems to be building something, no brainer back him over the 37 year old

NAG1

I dont think Ronaldo or his people really care that he has misread the room on this one, they are engineering a move and will use any tool to do so. Taking aim at the Glazers alone wasn't going to do that as it wouldnt isolate him from the club enough.

Going after ETH and a couple of the previous players will though and he would know this.

Looks like mutual termination of contract making him a free agent come January.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on November 15, 2022, 09:10:36 AM
I dont think Ronaldo or his people really care that he has misread the room on this one, they are engineering a move and will use any tool to do so. Taking aim at the Glazers alone wasn't going to do that as it wouldnt isolate him from the club enough.

Going after ETH and a couple of the previous players will though and he would know this.

Yeah for sure. Wonder where he goes from here, what the financial settlement for the x million he is owed for the rest of his contract.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2022, 09:36:44 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 15, 2022, 09:10:36 AM

Yeah for sure. Wonder where he goes from here, what the financial settlement for the x million he is owed for the rest of his contract.

Surely TF at this stage it isn't about money for CR7!!!

I'd say it's more about CL football and scoring goals in that competition.