Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 27, 2015, 09:25:58 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 27, 2015, 09:02:57 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 26, 2015, 04:59:06 PM
Would have taken a point after I saw City's team, was hoping they wouldn't play Fernando & Fernandinho.

We're going in the right direction, 7 more points than this time last season. We've come from behind in 3 games in the last month to win 2 and draw 1. The football will be better to watch once Rooney is discarded, woeful again yesterday.

Rojo and Valencia get a lot of stick from our support but yesterday they both defended brilliantly. Valencia gets far too much criticism, he's improving as rightback .

I hope Wilson starts against Boro on Wednesday.

Yeah I would agree with Valencia he is solid for a converter winger.

But I would wonder what Darmian has done to get so far down the pecking order I thought he had a very solid start, looked a bit dodgy in the last game he started but everyone is allowed an off day.

I'd go along with all of that. Darmian is a very good defender, perhaps just getting a bit of a rest. Rojo wasn't good midweek but played well against City. I think DeBruyne was shitting himself most of the game and Rojo can really whip in a cross.

The much maligned Smalling/Jones partnership is beginning to blossom. I always felt the two of them had the potential if they got a good run together and that opinion was often derided. Let's hope it continues.

No point talking about Rooney any more. It's beyond embarrassing.

It is indeed but my big fear with these two is injury. Both are very prone to a lay off.

Maroon Manc

Both Jones & Smalling have averaged 30 games a season since they both signed which surprised me.

Jones has been a bit reckless in the past which has led to him getting injuries. This time last year after he was sent off against City many had enough and wanted rid of him, the way he has turned around his career at OT is fantastic.

LVG doesn't get much credit for it but he's played a huge part in Fellaini, Young & Smalling staying on at the club through improved performances. If Jones can keep improving than I don't see any need for buying any defenders next summer.

Lingard is a funny situation to weigh up, LVG obviously rates him but no other premier league club came in to take him on loan and his form in the championship the last few years has hardly resembled that of a United played. He's 23 in December so he has to grab this chance otherwise he'll be gone; Mata isn't a favourite of LVG so he has that in his favour.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 27, 2015, 11:06:37 AM
Both Jones & Smalling have averaged 30 games a season since they both signed which surprised me.

Jones has been a bit reckless in the past which has led to him getting injuries. This time last year after he was sent off against City many had enough and wanted rid of him, the way he has turned around his career at OT is fantastic.

LVG doesn't get much credit for it but he's played a huge part in Fellaini, Young & Smalling staying on at the club through improved performances. If Jones can keep improving than I don't see any need for buying any defenders next summer.

Lingard is a funny situation to weigh up, LVG obviously rates him but no other premier league club came in to take him on loan and his form in the championship the last few years has hardly resembled that of a United played. He's 23 in December so he has to grab this chance otherwise he'll be gone; Mata isn't a favourite of LVG so he has that in his favour.

I think Smalling's step up in performance has helped the partnership develop because Jones now is able to play off Smalling's leadership of the back four. Dont get me wrong I dont think they are near the finished article but they are slowly showing signs. Smalling at least can step out now and play a forward pass.

Mata is a funny one because most of the time he looks like the only one who has the ability to unlock defences and then he is rested for a few games. Still not entirely convinced that LVG knows his best formation/ team the players form seems to go up and down quite a bit.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on October 27, 2015, 11:21:05 AM

I think Smalling's step up in performance has helped the partnership develop because Jones now is able to play off Smalling's leadership of the back four. Dont get me wrong I dont think they are near the finished article but they are slowly showing signs. Smalling at least can step out now and play a forward pass.

Mata is a funny one because most of the time he looks like the only one who has the ability to unlock defences and then he is rested for a few games. Still not entirely convinced that LVG knows his best formation/ team the players form seems to go up and down quite a bit.

I'd really like Mata to become a huge success but I'm not really convinced he will although I do think Rooney is holding him back, so far he's had to put up with a pedestrian Rooney playing either up front or off the centre forward. It certainly doesn't help Mata, I'll reserve full judgement on him until Rooney isn't playing every game. He is a bit of a liability defensively as seen when Fernandinho took the ball off him Sunday in our own half and City should have created a decent opening from it.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 27, 2015, 11:36:08 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 27, 2015, 11:21:05 AM

I'd really like Mata to become a huge success but I'm not really convinced he will although I do think Rooney is holding him back, so far he's had to put up with a pedestrian Rooney playing either up front or off the centre forward. It certainly doesn't help Mata, I'll reserve full judgement on him until Rooney isn't playing every game. He is a bit of a liability defensively as seen when Fernandinho took the ball off him Sunday in our own half and City should have created a decent opening from it.

Think Sunday was bit of a false picture, but he really shouldnt have been that deep. He should not be that far back especially when Morgan and Basti are playing there, he is our sharpest play maker & should be at the other end trying too influence the game.

Farrandeelin

Jesus... Rooney, Carrick and Young missed penalties... :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Hold on lads, Boro are traditionally strong in the League Cup... :P

BennyCake

I had a feeling United wouldn't win that.

StGallsGAA

Is there a stud-ranch for rich grannies that would take Rooney off our hands??

BennyCake

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 28, 2015, 10:56:19 PM
Is there a stud-ranch for rich grannies that would take Rooney off our hands??

Aye, Loose Women.

stiffler

2 0-0s on the trot , been a while since that happened at OT.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

nrico2006

Quote from: stiffler on October 28, 2015, 11:19:38 PM

Its the carling cup ffs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Fantastic own goal from Blind  ;D
Its a pity the Boro player was wrongly ruled offside just before it happened.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

oakleaflad

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2015, 08:39:48 AM
Quote from: stiffler on October 28, 2015, 11:19:38 PM

Its the carling cup ffs.
Aye, in all seriousness I would say they aren't too bothered to be out. They have enough games coming up with an important next few games in the Champions league.