Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Thats a lot of strikers in the squad now, sounds like united snapped him up before Real Madrid did, from what i understand he can play in midfield or on the wings as well & was once homeless
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

QuoteIt takes the club's spending to around £25m following the arrival of Chris Smalling from Fulham and Javier Hernández from Chivas de Guadalajara, with Ferguson retaining a strong interest in Mesut Ozil, the Germany international.

Of course in the interests of balance I would add that Foster and Tosic were sold for a reported £14 million combined so the net spend would be about £10m.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 11, 2010, 10:39:50 PM
QuoteIt takes the club's spending to around £25m following the arrival of Chris Smalling from Fulham and Javier Hernández from Chivas de Guadalajara, with Ferguson retaining a strong interest in Mesut Ozil, the Germany international.

Of course in the interests of balance I would add that Foster and Tosic were sold for a reported £14 million combined so the net spend would be about £10m.

And that £10 million would represent what percentage compared to the interest fees payable on the Glazer's debts this year? Would it even be 15%?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Wee Shea

"He's tall, he's thin, he eats food from your bin, Bebeeeeeeeeee, Bebeeeeeeeeeee"

"Bebe's house is the middle of our street, in our bins is where he gets his food to eat!"

If they put him out on loan, whenever Owen or Berbatov inevitably disappoint the United fans could sing the Pato Banton classic: "Bebe come back!"

A rat pack classic, "That's why the Bebe is a tr**p"

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on August 11, 2010, 10:20:03 PM
Thats a lot of strikers in the squad now, sounds like united snapped him up before Real Madrid did, from what i understand he can play in midfield or on the wings as well & was once homeless

So he should be good away from home?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mountainboii

Sounds like a joke. £7.5m on a fella from the Portuguese third division? At least the last unknown, Hernandez, had played first division football and had a couple of caps. Bizarre.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on August 11, 2010, 11:03:37 PM
Sounds like a joke. £7.5m on a fella from the Portuguese third division? At least the last unknown, Hernandez, had played first division football and had a couple of caps. Bizarre.

I'd assume the £7.5 million figure is largely dependant on appearances / trophies to the extent that if the full fee was payable, it would work out as good business.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Carmen Stateside

See the wee Mexican scored tonight against Spain. Silva leveled things with about two minutes left. Good game.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on August 11, 2010, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 11, 2010, 10:20:03 PM

So he should be good away from home?

cold and miserable feeding off scraps i would say
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mountainboii

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 11, 2010, 11:05:51 PM
Quote from: AFS on August 11, 2010, 11:03:37 PM

I'd assume the £7.5 million figure is largely dependant on appearances / trophies to the extent that if the full fee was payable, it would work out as good business.

Well, if they paid his buy out clause I'd assume that means the full figure has to be paid. Even if it is dependent on add ons to some extent, that figure still seems exorbitant given the level he's come from and the fact Guimarães picked him up for beans a couple of weeks ago. The Portuguese third division can't be much higher than Irish League standard.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Declan on August 12, 2010, 09:05:15 AM
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=&bioid=94383

Someone having some fun?

... just been told that they get a profile ready for every player that's rumoured - so there's one for Benzema etc...

nrico2006

I heard Bebe can play as an attacking midfielder too, something that we are in dire need of.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 12, 2010, 09:32:48 AM
I heard Bebe can play as an attacking midfielder too, something that we are in dire need of.

He's going to ruin one of your songs now :D

You root in the dustbin for something to eat
You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat :D

A Quinn Martin Production

Welbeck to Sunderland for the season
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties