thebandit

RIP Eamon.

A real character and a GAA legend.

darbyo

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam.

GaillimhIarthair

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Uladh

A terrible loss for Eamon's family and for Gaels everywhere.

Always entertaining, Eamon was a good friend to armagh football.

shotstopper1

full back

RIP Eamon & thoughts are with his family.
The GAA has lost a great character

Six Inch Nail

I remember Eamon being interviewed going off the field at halftime in the 1993 All Ireland Final.  He was asked about the Gormley/Calahane incident and he said "the rule says that if you strak first you must go, Calahane struck and he didn't".  Classic.

RIP
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Ethan Edwards

Sad to hear of the death of Eamon , he was a true Derry Gael and a legend
That'll Be The Day

Louth Exile

Sad news indeed, 1993 was a super achievement

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

johnjoe

Eamon epitomised what the GAA is all about. It was his life, and his roll of honour in todays Irish News is amazing.

He was a product of 50`s Ireland, a place far away from the country we know today.

In his passing we should take time to reflect on the huge sacrifices made by Eamonn, and others, to make the GAA what it is today, the biggest amateur sporting organisation in the world.

Where pride of your club, your county and your culture came first, and loyalty to your comrades knew no bounds.

Today the people of Co Antrim salute one of the genuine all -time greats. May you rest in peace.

Tempoman

A great character of the game, May he rest in peace

kilkennycat2004

RIP Eamon.
Will always be remembered for 1993 & indeed his brave battle against cancer in recent times.

cavan4ever

mylestheslasher

I would like to echo everything said before. It mad be genuinely sad to hear that Eamonn Coleman had passed on. He gave a lot to Cavan football in his time down here. Firstly while in charge of a very successful Gowna club team and then when in charge of the county team. He was a fantastic character and I'll always remember him jumping and prowling like a lunatic on the sideline at an U21 ulster final a couple of years back between Cavan and Down. Even when he retired due to illness he made himself available to come in to help out the team. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Fíor Gael

A real character with an astute football brain.
'ní bheidh a leithidí arís ann'