An Fear Rua !!

Started by Long time dead, June 05, 2007, 07:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long time dead

What happened to the thread yesterday where Bud pointed out that An Fear Rua was breaking copyright by using this Particular name - did An Fear Rua delete it or did the mods?

stephenite

Is that you Liam Cahill?

Bud Wiser

An Fear Rua scored an own goal, he asked me to write to an Fear Rua and the Mod about use of an Fear Rua name. A bit like Dan Quale when he said to the media, "Go on ahead, investigate me, you will find nothing"

Does anyone remember the great Red Collier from Meath?  Tough as nails.  I think An Fear Rua, the one from Dunsaney should not be using his name as Anfearrua.com.  I think I'll get onto the Internet Patrol guys and get this site removed!

Now that An Fear Rua from Tyrone has no name can somebody come up with a suitable suggestion.

An Fear Ruined? :D

Syd

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 05, 2007, 11:12:33 AM

Now that An Fear Rua from Tyrone has no name can somebody come up with a suitable suggestion.

An Fear Ruined? :D

**** would suit him ok i think.

Edited by Mod3

Long time dead

The topic where caught him though Bud has been totally deleted, I am assuming this was the mods!  BTW great catch.

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Gaaboardmod3

Syd - I edited your post becuase of personal abuse. See the posting standards thread.

OK, I can confirm that an Fear Rua is not affiliated in any way with An Fear Rua website, or the owner of that website, whom a lot of us know. The name might cause confusion alright, but that is the height of it, and as far as I know, he is not infringing on copyright, patents or anything else.

Hope that clears it up.

Cheers.

An Fear Rua

Wow, who would have though it eh?

Dropping a ball like that , twice in 1 week . ;D
Its Grim up North

Bud Wiser

Quoteand as far as I know, he is not infringing on copyright, patents or anything else.
Laoisgaa, copyright law is a minefield so "as far as you know" is a strange answer unless you are qualified to give one from a qualified capacity. Otherwise,  my interpretation of infringement of copyright on the internet comes somewhere under the catchment of 'electronic theft' and is a criminal offence apart from the civil side of things.  Inciting one to comit a criminal offence is in itself a criminal offence so telling him that it is allright,'as far as you know' to go and do it is incitement.

Anyway, I couldn't care less, other than to say you would want a brain the size of a pea to not come up with a less confusing name than An Fear Rua, unless of course the original post was removed while you checked it out with the real An Fear Rua and he said its OK because it is a cheap and agreed way of advertising his site?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 05, 2007, 07:24:09 PM
Quoteand as far as I know, he is not infringing on copyright, patents or anything else.
Laoisgaa, copyright law is a minefield so "as far as you know" is a strange answer unless you are qualified to give one from a qualified capacity. Otherwise,  my interpretation of infringement of copyright on the internet comes somewhere under the catchment of 'electronic theft' and is a criminal offence apart from the civil side of things.  Inciting one to comit a criminal offence is in itself a criminal offence so telling him that it is allright,'as far as you know' to go and do it is incitement.

Anyway, I couldn't care less, other than to say you would want a brain the size of a pea to not come up with a less confusing name than An Fear Rua, unless of course the original post was removed while you checked it out with the real An Fear Rua and he said its OK because it is a cheap and agreed way of advertising his site?

Dont forget your ball Bud  :P

I suppose the real question is

Has Bud Wiser outed Laois Gaa as a Moderator

Its Grim up North

Gaaboardmod3

LaoisGAA is not a moderator on this site lads. Certainly he is not GAAboardmod3.

ziggysego

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on June 05, 2007, 08:13:30 PM
LaoisGAA is not a moderator on this site lads. Certainly he is not GAAboardmod3.

They're are all terrible complainers here LaoisGAA, er... mod3! ;)
Testing Accessibility

Bud Wiser

Cheers ! ! !

Like signing his name

Bud Wiser

As a matter of interest, where  did laoisgaa go to since there is no bite with that bait?

AZOffaly

I think LaoisGAA is working away. Probably busy, and with the LaoisGAA site as well.