Kerry v Galway, All-Ireland Senior Football Final. 24 July, 2022

Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 11, 2022, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turf

A decent enough game, if not exactly a classic.
Thought the commentator was getting very excited over very little.

Blowitupref

FT Kerry 0-20 Galway 0-16. Kerry extra bit of cuteness and experience and impact off the bench proved the difference. Fine effort from Galway.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

Kerry not overly impressive but deserved winners. Galway couldn't sustain the pace they had in the first half and Kerry just too much quality.

Much like last years the overall quality hasn't been great but Kerry won't care!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gael80

Luck is luck in small margin games. Was it the right call? I'm not sure it was, but ultimately that call from the ref decided the All Ireland Final. Analysis might show it was the right decision but a very difficult one to take for Galway.

armaghniac

Kerry had more room for improvement in the second half.
Some record by Jack O'Connor, even in Kerry that has to rate up there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gael85

Silkyskillssunshinee

That Galway keeper... shocking. I won't say he outright cost them the game, but they will need to upgrade him next year.

Kerry average but won't care. They got over the line at last.

mrdeeds

Quote from: bennydorano on July 24, 2022, 04:53:02 PM
Big call taking Conroy off, but hes been poor. Comer non existent

Conroy took hit in first half. Struggled after it.

bennydorano

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2022, 04:55:12 PM
Quote from: red hander on July 24, 2022, 04:51:03 PM
Sky coverage unwatchable due to technical issues. Wankers

RTE coverage unwatchable due to pundit issues.
f**king hell they would sicken yer hole. The neverending Kerry love in is annoying enough but I've yet to watch a Kerry game where some commentator isn't in danger of messing their pants over Clifford.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gael80 on July 24, 2022, 05:11:59 PM
Luck is luck in small margin games. Was it the right call? I'm not sure it was, but ultimately that call from the ref decided the All Ireland Final. Analysis might show it was the right decision but a very difficult one to take for Galway.

Eh? Which call?

Hurson was spot on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Well done Kerry. Their bench got them over the line. Hanratty for not have the squad.
I'll stop calling Tyrone all ireland champions now  ;D

From the Bunker

Galway always play open football against Kerry.  The 60's team still the last team to beat Kerry in knockout Championship football.

Good effort by Galway but no Cigar. You have to lose one to win one......I'm told!  ;D

thewobbler

Conroy and Comer being being snuffed out / not quite at the races was the difference.

Fair play Clifford. Kept Kerry in it while waiting for his team to show up. He's the greatest player ever. It's not even close.

RedHand88

It's strange seeing so many Kerry players win their first all ireland medal. You can see what it means to them.