FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Blowitupref

Commentary on RTÉ had themselves convinced that was offside when it wasn't. Messi goal to win the World Cup?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

The psychology of this game is fascinating

laoislad

Quote from: CK_Redhand on December 18, 2022, 05:12:10 PM
Messi immune from yellow cards. Hope Argentina get beat, the most shithousing team at this world cup. Yer man De Paul plays for Atletico under Simeone a large part in it.
Says the guy from Tyrone  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

clarshack

Fair play to Messi for stepping up. Argentina actually needed extra time more than France in order to regroup as they were all over the place in the last 10 minutes plus injury of normal time.

Edit: They blew it again and now it's penalties to decide it.

seafoid

McAllister's family is Irish. He has a brother called Kevin. There is a hurling club in Buenos Aires by the way as there is a sizeable Irish community there. 
So would he be potentially 10 minutes away from being the first Irish person to win the World Cup ?

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

JoG2

Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2022, 05:35:39 PM
McAllister's family is Irish. He has a brother called Kevin. There is a hurling club in Buenos Aires by the way as there is a sizeable Irish community there. 
So would he be potentially 10 minutes away from being the first Irish person to win the World Cup ?

Cushendall apparently

Square Ball

Has everything this, super watch
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

laoislad

One of the craziest most brilliant games I've ever watched.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

Quote from: JoG2 on December 18, 2022, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2022, 05:35:39 PM

Cushendall apparently

Donabate too and some Scottish.

Captain Obvious

A pity we can't have another period of extra time instead of penalties.

weareros

Just a breathtaking game. Even for those of us sitting in front of a turf fire.

Itchy

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2022, 05:44:50 PM

100%. What's the bets it is 10 all on pens next ;D

thewobbler

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2022, 05:44:50 PM

Absolutely riveting game.

Best extra time I've ever seen. Teams usually just close up shop in extra time. This was enthralling.