Eurovision 2007

Started by ONeill, May 08, 2007, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Louth Exile on May 12, 2007, 11:13:49 PM
Quote from: GweylTah on May 12, 2007, 11:06:04 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 12, 2007, 11:00:19 PM
Fuckin Brits didn't even give us a vote

They invariably do - that they didn't shows how awful it was.  It must be the worst Irish entry ever, embarrassing.  The UK's was awful too.

I stand by my earlier comments - time for the BBC and RTE to ditich this garbage, it's a waste of the licence fees and taking part only encourages them.

You could be right about bailing out. Either that or bring back Johnny ;D

f**king Brits absolute shite did better than us, says it all

Absolute wan*ers the Brits, they could have at least given us a sympathy vote!!!

We screwed ourselves, gave them 7, then gave the Lithuanians 12!! plus the Lativans 10, non of the feckers gave us anything, not even the Romanians or Poles!!!!

Ourselves and Malta saved what was the worst song in the contest, from getting Nil points.

God bless Albania!

Tbc....

The Real Laoislad

So many Lithuanians and Latvians here no wonder they got them points
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

Why didn't the Norn Iron boys here not mass vote for Ireland?

That said it was an awful song, performed badly and the fact that only Albania voted for it speaks volumes.

ONeill

Poor ole Dervish. An unwanted stigma.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

QuoteWhy didn't the Norn Iron boys here not mass vote for Ireland?

they are too tight to spend the 20p for the text!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GweylTah

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 13, 2007, 12:04:08 AM
Why didn't the Norn Iron boys here not mass vote for Ireland?

That said it was an awful song, performed badly and the fact that only Albania voted for it speaks volumes.

The RTE entry is usually good, and usually gets points from the UK, probably helped by votes from NI.

But is was absolutely awful - the Brits entry took the piss, and back-fired, Dervish was just an awful, awful entry.

Fionntamhnach

Didn't see the contest last night, though there's little point these days as although its not a competition to take too seriously anyway, it's became a carve-up amongst Eastern European and Scandinavian counties, along with the obligatory Greece-Cyprus back-slapping.

A little bit surprised that the Swiss entry didn't even make the final, DJ Bobo has been a major chart act in mainland Europe now for some 12-13 years.

The BBC, France Televisions, TVE (Spain) and ARD (Germany) together fund the majority of the contest, were these four countries to pull out, like the RAI in Italy has done, the contest would be finished. Even if it continues the voting system needs an overhaul.

Redgreenery

So disappointing yesterday, shocked the UK gave us absolutely nothing, this is the worst we've been at in the competion ever, LAST!!! Need I say anymore.

ziggysego

Quote from: Redgreenery on May 13, 2007, 10:05:34 PM
So disappointing yesterday, shocked the UK gave us absolutely nothing, this is the worst we've been at in the competion ever, LAST!!! Need I say anymore.

Actually, we didn't even qualify a few years ago.
Testing Accessibility

Redgreenery

Quote from: ziggysego on May 13, 2007, 10:07:06 PM
Quote from: Redgreenery on May 13, 2007, 10:05:34 PM

Actually, we didn't even qualify a few years ago.
Yeah but I mean in the final of the competition.

hectorsheroes

Everybody knows its a load of s**** and watches the scoring for the political connotations, but how stupid are people to text in and give those english f****** any points.

Only two countries vioted for them, Ireland and Malta. Has this fact eluded anyone? Or maybe everyone is listening to that p***k Ray Darcy and his pc bullshit about our "neighbours". I just can't understand why people in Ireland would vote for that s****, please someone tell me

rosnarun

so has a new word been introduced/redefined?
Dervish: completley f*%K up
as in
Jeez they made a complete devish of it.
or
it all went dervish after that
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

balladmaker

Where does the career of Dervish go from here.....it is an awful stigma to carry from now on, no matter what they do, the Eurovision will always haunt them.  I'd say RTE will have a problem getting any recognised performer to take part next year. 

Heard on the radio this morning that Johnny Logan is 5/1 favourite with the bookies to represent Ireland in 2008.  ::)

Hardy

It was a clever plot by FF and their Castlerea stooge to divert attebntion from Bertie's financial foosterings, by manufacturing an even bigger national crisis.

I heard some senior RTÉ executive this morning, summoned by Morning Ireland to account for this national embarrassment and to explain at once what she was going to do about it. I was delighted to learn of her grasp of the situation and reassured that as long as these people are in charge, there's no chance of us ever being saddled with hosting this tripe again. For example, she pointed to the fact that Ireland gave big votes to Latvia and Lithuania as evidence that Irish people were in the forefront of the new eastward movement in European pop!

Finger on the pulse or what?

Candyman

irish entry was a complete joke and made a fool of the irish people... (IMHO)
all that was needed was a bit of this..... ::)