Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

tbrick18

I pulled this from the Derry Strategy 2012-2017 document that was published a few years back. To me, Derry have failed miserably in implementing the 5 year plan.

Setting Targets: By 2017 Derry
GAA Aspires to ...

n Win the Ulster Senior Football Championship
n Win the Ulster Senior Hurling Championship
n Win the Ulster Minor Football Championship
n Win the Ulster Minor Hurling Championship
n Win the Ulster Under 21 Football Championship
n Secure Promotion in the National Football League
n Secure Promotion in the National Hurling League
n Reach an all-Ireland Senior Football Championship
Semi-Final
n Win the Christy Ring Cup
n Complete the final phase of Celtic Park
n Complete the final phase of the Owenbeg Derry
GAA Centre
n Secure at least 50 more Club Derry Members in
addition to sustaining the current level
of membership
n Establish juvenile Hurling in at least 6 more Clubs
n Have at least 80% of Clubs participating in Scór and
Scor na Óg
n Have at least 90% of Clubs in Derry operating the
new "One Club" Integration Model
n Have a strong County Integration Committee in
place and working alongside Ladies Gaelic, Camogie
and Handball to promote the entire GAA family
in Derry
n Be a model for best practice in terms of governance
and administration, coaching and games, club
development, communications, child protection,
fundraising and general GAA development

Ensure that all Clubs in the County
support, be part of and fully engage
with the County Committee to ensure
that the GAA in Derry is Strong,
Vibrant and Corporate.

TheImpactCode

Setting high goals is one thing, but having the people on the ground to actually put it in place must be severely lacking

Surely the leadership at Celtic Park, Owenbeg, Brian Smith, Club Derry, Brian McIvor or whoever on the big bucks who is responsible for this circus will need to circle the wagons before this once great county of ours is a laughing stock, even more that it actually is.

What would the great Eamon Coleman not think of it all.  The county that sacked their All-Ireland winning manager.

screenexile

Quote from: theticklemister on March 28, 2018, 03:05:36 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 28, 2018, 11:29:01 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 28, 2018, 11:01:52 AM
How many clubs in Derry city?

Must be 6/7 maybe?

Doire Trasna
Doire Colmcille (Are they still going?)
Sean Dolans
Steelstown
Slaughtmanus
Ardmore
Glack
Na Magha (Hurling)

That's very sad

Is it really? I'd say I've played against Slaughtmanus and Steelstown and that's about it so my knowledge of the City probably isn't as good as some.

JoG2

Quote from: lenny on March 28, 2018, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: Ball on March 28, 2018, 03:13:09 PM
One of the main factors for me in us ending up in Div 4 is the amount of players that have been used over the last 5/6 seasons. Each of the last 3 managers have done a clear out and went for youth. Should the current management and county board not have been looking to get experienced men back on board that were out of favour or had left previous panels?

Should Keenan and McFaul not have been kept on to help keep us in Div 3, as if they are around next year it would be more benefit to them to be playing Div 3 than 4.

Should the boys just out of Minor not been kept with the U-20's to keep their progression going and until some have caught up physically.

Those are all obvious mistakes made by the current management. Hopefully they will learn from it next year.

Agree wholeheartedly that mistakes have been made, but why not try to rectify some now (specifically squad members)? We play either Cavan or Donegal at the end of May. Plenty can happen between now and then

Real Talk

Quote from: TheImpactCode on March 28, 2018, 04:22:34 PM
Setting high goals is one thing, but having the people on the ground to actually put it in place must be severely lacking

Surely the leadership at Celtic Park, Owenbeg, Brian Smith, Club Derry, Brian McIvor or whoever on the big bucks who is responsible for this circus will need to circle the wagons before this once great county of ours is a laughing stock, even more that it actually is.

What would the great Eamon Coleman not think of it all.  The county that sacked their All-Ireland winning manager.

There is no one/never has been anyone getting 'big bucks' in Derry .... if we has beaten Sligo on Sun all these remarks/ill-researched comments wouldn't have been made ....

Eamon Coleman was sacked almost 24 years ago ..... absolutely no relevance to todays situation

Lets focus on getting an experienced manager/adviser who is willing and acceptable to assist Damian McErlean as we prepare for the Ulster Championship .... Now

theticklemister

Quote from: screenexile on March 28, 2018, 04:39:29 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 28, 2018, 03:05:36 PM

Must be 6/7 maybe?

Doire Trasna
Sean Dolans
Steelstown
Slaughtmanus
Ardmore
Glack
Na Magha (Hurling)

That's very sad

Is it really? I'd say I've played against Slaughtmanus and Steelstown and that's about it so my knowledge of the City probably isn't as good as some.

You seem like a clued-in GAA man from your posts, so I thought you would know the lay of the land

restorepride

Must be 6/7 maybe?

Doire Trasna
Sean Dolans
Steelstown
Slaughtmanus
Ardmore
Glack
Na Magha (Hurling)
Holy Jaysus?!  Glack a city club! Slaughtmanus?! Are Doire Cholmcille still going?! We have a long long road to travel as a county if this is the level of knowledge.

restorepride

Quote from: call it as i see it on March 28, 2018, 10:19:25 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 28, 2018, 09:32:09 AM
Lads don't feed the troll he hasn't a clue . . . wouldn't surprise me if it was another tfal account!!
just stating my opionin when ive seen him in club he is exectioal just feel he is out of his depth in county along with the two screen men in the seniors young araon bradley deserves his place on the panel before young mcwilliams who was previously droped at the start of the year along with a few other players . but mcerlain hadnt the balls to stick to his guns when the sponsor / main that pays him his wages told him to take the older players back and that is coming from within the derry camp.
You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean you are right.  I have seen all of Derry's matches in 2018 and Bradley has been one of the team's top performers. To say he is not county standard depends on your standards. To try and say he is not current Derry County standard would require a visit to Specsavers ..... immediately!

call it as i see it

Quote from: restorepride on March 28, 2018, 09:35:32 PM
Quote from: call it as i see it on March 28, 2018, 10:19:25 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 28, 2018, 09:32:09 AM
Lads don't feed the troll he hasn't a clue . . . wouldn't surprise me if it was another tfal account!!
just stating my opionin when ive seen him in club he is exectioal just feel he is out of his depth in county along with the two screen men in the seniors young araon bradley deserves his place on the panel before young mcwilliams who was previously droped at the start of the year along with a few other players . but mcerlain hadnt the balls to stick to his guns when the sponsor / main that pays him his wages told him to take the older players back and that is coming from within the derry camp.
You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean you are right.  I have seen all of Derry's matches in 2018 and Bradley has been one of the team's top performers. To say he is not county standard depends on your standards. To try and say he is not current Derry County standard would require a visit to Specsavers ..... immediately!

i thought you ballinderry men whould have been watching tyrone all year

call it as i see it

any word on the new slaughtneil manager role ? i heard after bakers interveiw with the panel and a few players he is favorite for the job.

any truth that damien cassidy applied for the job or is this just another rumor floating about?

toby47

Quote from: call it as i see it on March 29, 2018, 09:11:52 AM
any word on the new slaughtneil manager role ? i heard after bakers interveiw with the panel and a few players he is favorite for the job.

any truth that damien cassidy applied for the job or is this just another rumor floating about?

Cassidy is with Cargin

BackInTheGame

Quote from: call it as i see it on March 29, 2018, 09:11:52 AM

I've had a suspicion for a few weeks that Baker was going to get it but that was pure gut feeling, I've heard absolutely nothing so I guess what I'm saying is I haven't got a clue.

Ball

Been seeing a lot of silly chat online and people using the old North / Derry sh*t as excuses for the apathy towards the county team.

South derry people complaining about matches being held in Celtic Park and Owenbeg  is just an excuse imo for why people wont go support Derry. As is North derry people complaining that North derry clubs are overlooked.

Derry get support when the team is going well and don't when they aren't everyone knows that. But i do agree that games should be spread out like Monaghan do, especially when we are at a low ebb and also playing in Div 3 and 4 against teams that have lesser travelling support then Div 1 and 2 teams.

I think the county board are a fair bit responsible for how alot of players have been treated pretty much since Paddy Bradley wasn't asked back, how many players have left with sour tastes in their mouths, players being dropped from panels for playing for their clubs, for going to america. Some not even being asked or told why.  I know it's hard to keep everyone happy all of the time.

We needed a big name appointment this year to pull everything together again but we didn't and are now rock bottom.

call it as i see it

well ive heard three men were interveiwed

liam donnelly

baker

and paudie tads oul boy

restorepride

Quote from: Ball on March 29, 2018, 10:49:11 AM
Been seeing a lot of silly chat online and people using the old North / Derry sh*t as excuses for the apathy towards the county team.

South derry people complaining about matches being held in Celtic Park and Owenbeg  is just an excuse imo for why people wont go support Derry. As is North derry people complaining that North derry clubs are overlooked.

Derry get support when the team is going well and don't when they aren't everyone knows that. But i do agree that games should be spread out like Monaghan do, especially when we are at a low ebb and also playing in Div 3 and 4 against teams that have lesser travelling support then Div 1 and 2 teams.

I think the county board are a fair bit responsible for how alot of players have been treated pretty much since Paddy Bradley wasn't asked back, how many players have left with sour tastes in their mouths, players being dropped from panels for playing for their clubs, for going to america. Some not even being asked or told why.  I know it's hard to keep everyone happy all of the time.

We needed a big name appointment this year to pull everything together again but we didn't and are now rock bottom.
Agree 100%.