Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

tbrick18

Quote from: seanyb on May 14, 2024, 02:08:09 PMAll very quiet on the build up to Saturday. Have we a clean bill of health? Murphy and McKinless fit? Not sure what to expect to be honest, let's hope we get the 2 pts and get back on the wagon again

Derry camp have been very quiet since the donegal game.
McKinless is a must at the best of times, but now we are without mcgrogan it add even more pressure on that half back line.
Galway with Comer back are a different proposition and will be high on confidence after winning provincial honours. But, that might help us. Could be difficult for them to re-focus so quickly after winning a final.

For Derry, we really need to up our game after the Donegal match to be in with a shout. Galway are our bogey team and we're away - a huge ask.

I

seanyb

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 14, 2024, 02:28:05 PM
Quote from: seanyb on May 14, 2024, 02:08:09 PMAll very quiet on the build up to Saturday. Have we a clean bill of health? Murphy and McKinless fit? Not sure what to expect to be honest, let's hope we get the 2 pts and get back on the wagon again

McKinless is a must at the best of times, but now we are without mcgrogan it add even more pressure on that half back line.
Galway with Comer back are a different proposition and will be high on confidence after winning provincial honours. But, that might help us. Could be difficult for them to re-focus so quickly after winning a final.

For Derry, we really need to up our game after the Donegal match to be in with a shout. Galway are our bogey team and we're away - a huge ask.

I

Agree with all that..I wouldn't be too confident on McKaigue picking up Comer, surely McEvoy goes to no3 and McKinless straight to 6?

tbrick18

Quote from: seanyb on May 14, 2024, 02:35:42 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 14, 2024, 02:28:05 PM

I

Agree with all that..I wouldn't be too confident on McKaigue picking up Comer, surely McEvoy goes to no3 and McKinless straight to 6?

I had hoped that would be the setup when mckinless returned to fitness but with McGrogan out who would we bring into the hb line?
Gilmore is more of a sub than a starter at this stage I feel.
McKaigue is way past it imo, but we might not have another option in this position.

Wildweasel74

McKaigue pick up Finnerty, always does, Presume McCloskey on Walsh, Comer could be anybody.

Silver hill

I hope I'm wrong but hearing that we've a long line of injured players at the minute including Rodgers, Conor Doc, and mcevoy. Big blow if that is correct. Will need everyone to win in Galway.

Wildweasel74

Well one of those. Wait see on the day.

tbrick18

Quote from: Silver hill on May 14, 2024, 11:09:13 PMI hope I'm wrong but hearing that we've a long line of injured players at the minute including Rodgers, Conor Doc, and mcevoy. Big blow if that is correct. Will need everyone to win in Galway.

Been hearing similar plus another one.
Hadn't hear about Conor though.

toby47

Panel named - obviously a few named won't be playing.

Do we know who is in the panel that hasn't been named that will be coming onto the bench?

jmcgdoire

Quote from: toby47 on May 17, 2024, 09:23:07 AMPanel named - obviously a few named won't be playing.

Do we know who is in the panel that hasn't been named that will be coming onto the bench?

Niall Loughlin not named on panel for one id say

toby47

Quote from: jmcgdoire on May 17, 2024, 11:07:37 AM
Quote from: toby47 on May 17, 2024, 09:23:07 AMPanel named - obviously a few named won't be playing.

He's out

jmcgdoire

Quote from: toby47 on May 17, 2024, 11:10:56 AM

Whats the story there?

He's out

What's the story there?

toby47

Quote from: jmcgdoire on May 17, 2024, 11:11:30 AM

Whats the story there?

He's out

What's the story there?

Injured - got an opp

Ball

Quote from: toby47 on May 17, 2024, 11:12:17 AM

Whats the story there?

He's out

What's the story there?

Injured - got an opp

Bench looking very light now, betwen those lads leaving the panel and few injuries im nervous for the rest of the season.

No mcgrogan, murphy, loughlin.
Jack cassidy, c mcguckian, m downey left, who else left? Mccarron & mcwilliams earlier in season

tbrick18

Quote from: Ball on May 17, 2024, 11:37:35 AM
Quote from: toby47 on May 17, 2024, 11:12:17 AM

Whats the story there?

He's out

What's the story there?

Injured - got an opp

Bench looking very light now, betwen those lads leaving the panel and few injuries im nervous for the rest of the season.

No mcgrogan, murphy, loughlin.
Jack cassidy, c mcguckian, m downey left, who else left? Mccarron & mcwilliams earlier in season

Realistically, of the guys that left I don't think any were going to get game time in championship - so you couldn't blame them for going back to clubs to get football.

McGrogan out for the year is a huge loss.
No idea on the length of time Nial O and Murphy will be out - but we really need both available.
If we pick up any more serious injuries, we'll really struggle.

shawshank

Senior league up an running. Kilrea doing well  ;D Coleraine in a serious diffs. Glen ticking over considering the players they are short. Magherafelt should be doing better. I believe that Loup management have walked. I expect to see the mood change around mid June as team starting lifting their prep for championship. Lavey top in the intermediate league.