Dublin V Kerry 28/08/16 3.30pm RTE/SKY.

Started by The Aristocrat, August 08, 2016, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Aristocrat

Kerry have not beaten Dublin in championship since 2009, Dublin have won the last three championship encounters, 2 finals and 1 semi. Kerry the media darlings and former aristocrats will be chomping at the bit for this one. Dublin don't look at the races, Kerry could nip this one.

bennydorano

Discussing this today and a few of us had similar feelings that Dublin might give Kerry a bit of a hiding!!

seafoid

From the Bunker

If Kerry get  Buckley/Maher/Moran back into the middle of the field and Donaghy back to his prime area of on the square - they'll be ready for battle. Kerry are 12 months getting ready for this game (forget about the league final).

galwayman

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2016, 06:38:48 PM
If Kerry get  Buckley/Maher/Moran back into the middle of the field and Donaghy back to his prime area of on the square - they'll be ready for battle. Kerry are 12 months getting ready for this game (forget about the league final).

Add Sheehan in there and you have a dangerous mixture of players with zero pace and zero mobility in key positions.
The Dubs will glide by them.
What Kerry need at midfield is a couple of Donnchadh Walsh clones.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Jinxy on August 08, 2016, 07:26:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2016, 06:38:48 PM

Add Sheehan in there and you have a dangerous mixture of players with zero pace and zero mobility in key positions.
The Dubs will glide by them.
What Kerry need at midfield is a couple of Donnchadh Walsh clones.

Wouldnt put Buckley into that list. Sheehan looks overweight and his performance against Clare should keep him on the bench.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jinxy

Kerry should go with a two man FF line of Geaney & O'Donoghue and have O'Sullivan play between the HF and FF line, both to attack from deep and act as a support runner for the likes of Geaney who is a great target man.
Cooper at CF, but I would give him license to drift into the FF line and rotate with O'Sullivan as I don't think he has the legs for 70 minutes around the middle third.

yellowcard

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Kerry were to win this match. Dublin have been over hyped and are on a long unbeaten run in League & championship (something like 27 wins in a row) but this will all suit Kerry and I think they are vulnerable. Kerry's forwards are dangerous, Geaney is one of the best forwards in the country this year and O'Donoghue is back fit and if those 2 can perform Kerry have a great chance. This is a game where Dublin will feel the loss of McCaffrey, O'Carroll and possibly McCarthy. I wouldn't like to call the result either way yet but I think it will be close and I don't see the gulf between Dublin and Kerry that others do. Kerry need to match Dublin for athleticism and mobility however and that means no starting places for the likes of Donaghy, Sheehan or O'Mahoney.   

dublin7

Quote from: yellowcard on August 09, 2016, 10:54:43 AM
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Kerry were to win this match. Dublin have been over hyped and are on a long unbeaten run in League & championship (something like 27 wins in a row) but this will all suit Kerry and I think they are vulnerable. Kerry's forwards are dangerous, Geaney is one of the best forwards in the country this year and O'Donoghue is back fit and if those 2 can perform Kerry have a great chance. This is a game where Dublin will feel the loss of McCaffrey, O'Carroll and possibly McCarthy. I wouldn't like to call the result either way yet but I think it will be close and I don't see the gulf between Dublin and Kerry that others do. Kerry need to match Dublin for athleticism and mobility however and that means no starting places for the likes of Donaghy, Sheehan or O'Mahoney.

The problem for Kerry is they don't have the athletic players to replace Donaghy, Sheehan etc.  Even in the Qtr final with the game won Fitzmaurice was bringing on the likes of Marc O'Se and Sheehan rather than younger players.   

Il Bomber Destro

Kerry have both mobility problems and pyschological problems when it comes to Dublin.

I would be very surprised if they beat them. I do think Kerry would beat Mayo in the final but at the same time I think Mayo have a much better chance of beating Dublin as they don't seem to have the same fear of Dublin that Kerry have at this time.

pointman2

Dublin are good, but over-hyped.
They are not as good as last year as they are short 3 all-star defenders. Also, McAuley is not playing well and Fenton might have a broken jaw. Their strength is their forward line, and their bench.
Kerry need to match their mobility so team selection is crucial. But I have a sneaking feeling that the Kerry forwards can get the better of the Dublin defence, and Dublin are not so good when the game is not going their way.

Keane

Let the amateur psychology begin in earnest.

Jinxy

Quote from: yellowcard on August 09, 2016, 10:54:43 AM

I think that's a bit of an oxymoron.

ashman

Dublin will win comfortably .  They are on another level to all other teams physically .  Kerry and Mayo are like young Munster and the dubs are all blacks . 

They sheer conditioning of Dublin team puts them on another level .  Kerry will try to keep score down and hope for a break .  The gap that has crystallised between these two teams in just 5 years is amazing .