Mayo v Fermanagh, Saturday July 09, 2016 McHale Park

Started by From the Bunker, June 19, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

'....booing the referee won't win an All-Ireland...'.

Wow. Well f*ck me, I had it wrong all along. There's me booing for the last 40 years. Going to all that booing training, year after year. F*ck it, I had just gotten good as well. In the last week I managed to boo at my daughter's pre-school recital, boo at my mates wedding and even booed at the wife's grandfather's funeral.

And now you are telling me I was wasting my time?

F*ck.

MWWSI 2017

dublin7

Quote from: saffronandblue on July 09, 2016, 10:48:22 PM
Poor Dubs are worried lol.

Only thing worrying about today from Mayo is Joe McQuillan bought that that bulls**t dive from Aidan O'Shea. Love the the way Mayo fans are trying to defend it!! Their defence is about as believeable as Tony Blair's supporters trying to defend the invasion of Iraq in the Chilcot report!!!
As I said previously if that was a Tyrone player who took that dive the whole country would be crucifying him, but any criticism will be put down as anti mayo bias.

saffronandblue

I'd be more worried about eye gouging and biting than diving D7......but sure the Dubs are angels.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on July 09, 2016, 10:50:47 PM
'....booing the referee won't win an All-Ireland...'.

Wow. Well f*ck me, I had it wrong all along. There's me booing for the last 40 years. Going to all that booing training, year after year. F*ck it, I had just gotten good as well. In the last week I managed to boo at my daughter's pre-school recital, boo at my mates wedding and even booed at the wife's grandfather's funeral.

And now you are telling me I was wasting my time?

F*ck.

Running on to the pitch trying to confront the referee also won't cut it.

What was also extremely embarrassing was the way the Mayo players ganged around McQuillan roaring and pointing after O'Connor had himself dived.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: dublin7 on July 09, 2016, 10:57:33 PM
Quote from: saffronandblue on July 09, 2016, 10:48:22 PM
Poor Dubs are worried lol.

Only thing worrying about today from Mayo is Joe McQuillan bought that that bulls**t dive from Aidan O'Shea. Love the the way Mayo fans are trying to defend it!! Their defence is about as believeable as Tony Blair's supporters trying to defend the invasion of Iraq in the Chilcot report!!!
As I said previously if that was a Tyrone player who took that dive the whole country would be crucifying him, but any criticism will be put down as anti mayo bias.

I used to think i would love to see Mayo win an All-Ireland but after today and watching Rochfords response i hope to FCUK Aidan OShea or Rochford never win it. Todays dive was without doubt the biggest one I have every seen McQuillan will look at that and be extremely embarrassed that he was taken in by that. At least MH had the decency to state mccann shouldn't have done hair gate last year and he would learn from it. O shea has always had that cheating streak in him and i hope he never gets the ultimate reward of an All-Ireland.

wanderer

I would just like to have a say on a few points up as a Fermanagh fan

The penalty didn't matter, Mayo were on top and would have won the game
- Nonsense, if Fermanagh would have gotten it and went 4 points up with 5 to play would it have been an argument? Goals change games and this had a massive effect on the outcome. I can't say we would have won, but neither can Mayo. Luckily I now know that "we deserve a penalty" based on the new Aiden O'Shea rule, so hopefully we will get that next year if we are getting a tight game

Aiden O'Shea doesn't get frees so he has to make the most of contact
- I honestly can't see where this comes from. After watching him today, its hard to remember when he didn't throw himself to the ground as soon as he wasn't favourite in any situation. He won more frees that he deserved today, and should have been in the stand to be fair. Mayo would have been my 2nd team but the justification for that nonsense turns my stomach to be honest. He cheated, plain and simple. I honestly hope that Mayo get put out of the Championship on a similar decision to see if its as palatable when it happens to them

RTE
- What can you say, an absolute joke. Pretty obvious that someone told them what was happening on social media. Between them they couldn't decide if it was "sportsmanship", "video replays", "honest game of football" or "not worth talking about". Thank heavens for Joe (and who would ever expect to say that), as it wouldn't take him 15mins to gauge the talking point of the game

Fermanagh
- Another game I felt we could have done better. Moral victories are empty at this point, and we need to step up if we are serious. The bench should have been emptied much sooner and we didn't change it when the tide turned

yellowcard

It was the same against Philly McMahon last year. Other big physical players have done similar in the past though, Sean Kavanagh and Aidan O'Mahoney Spring to mind.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: yellowcard on July 09, 2016, 11:26:12 PM
It was the same against Philly McMahon last year. Other big physical players have done similar in the past though, Sean Kavanagh and Aidan O'Mahoney Spring to mind.

Yea but O'Shea has a record on minimal contact and huge Dives and rolling about and getting rewarded for it. He also has limited media exposure for it as he plays a team that everyone but the Galway men feel sorry for.. I hope Mayo get what they deserve from this...

Jinxy

I've always had nothing but respect for Mayo football but after today's cheating I think I'll just be supporting Tyrone from now on.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 11:44:16 PM
I've always had nothing but respect for Mayo football but after today's cheating I think I'll just be supporting Tyrone from now on.

You could support your own count...... Never mind.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

TomFun

Mayo, a horrible let's get the job done performance, embarrassing really

TomFun

From the Bunker

As with most (Mayo) people here I can understand Fermanaghs annoyance. In 2014 we had a bucketful of decisions go against us. A bucketful! The amount you usually get over a long championship season. And all in one game. So as the Song goes 'I know all there is to know about the crying game'. I'm not standing up for O'Shea, he more than likely cheated. There is a term in Gaelic football bandied about. The term is win a free. What does this mean? Does it mean that the player did what he had to get a free awarded?

We got the rub of the green today! Unfortunately it was against a side like Fermanagh. Fermanagh punch consistently above their weight and need a decent officialdom to remain competitive.

Anyway, any fermanagh person who was in McHale park today could not feel but pride for their group. They put in a huge effort. If they got more of the rub of the green, things could have been a lot different today. Keep Pete at least for another year.

From a Mayo perspective. I feel we are prolonging an inevitable of a Quarter final defeat. I hope I'm wrong!

TomFun

That's a load of balls my friend. We don't punch above our weight. We punch our weight. Always. F#ck off with the platitudes and the arrogance. With a decent referee we would have beat ye