Former players you wish were still available to you now

Started by Jinxy, June 10, 2016, 01:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2016, 10:32:12 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 10, 2016, 02:43:44 PM
Andrew McCann
Good shout, a very under rated player.

I was thinking of Andrew McCann, not one of the "names" of the Armagh team, but did a mountain of work and would be very helpful.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

Quote from: Look-Up! on June 10, 2016, 07:43:47 PM
Aidan Connolly
Damien O'Reilly
Peter Reilly
Dessie Brady
Massive talent there but unfortunately some of their careers were a bit too short.

I think Cillian Sheridan would have been a massive player for us if he hadn't made it in soccer.

Peter Reilly was pretty highly rated though, was he not?
I always thought he was the main man (or one of the main men) for Cavan in that era.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gold

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2016, 07:58:01 PM
Forget about his all-stars, About 5 clones of Anthony Tohill, to play in 2 midfield slots, fullback, full forward and wing forward might make derry half decent again

What a player

I was driving through Swatragh yesterday thinking how he put them on the map all on his own

He was an absolute force of nature....winning all ireland in 92....catching a ball a foot  over the bar to deny us in 2000....lording the skies

Best player I've ever seen
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Look-Up!

Quote from: Jinxy on June 10, 2016, 10:54:05 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on June 10, 2016, 07:43:47 PM
Aidan Connolly
Damien O'Reilly
Peter Reilly
Dessie Brady
Massive talent there but unfortunately some of their careers were a bit too short.

I think Cillian Sheridan would have been a massive player for us if he hadn't made it in soccer.

Peter Reilly was pretty highly rated though, was he not?
I always thought he was the main man (or one of the main men) for Cavan in that era.

Yeah he was alright but he had a lot of injury problems and I would say he never fulfilled his potential. Had everything really

Jinxy

I'm talking more about lads who would not have been seen as 'naturally talented'.
The unsung heroes.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Jinxy on June 10, 2016, 11:57:53 PM
I'm talking more about lads who would not have been seen as 'naturally talented'.
The unsung heroes.

Fair enough but I would have thought Regan, Nestor, Crawford and Traynor would have been prominent enough for ye at some stage in their careers. They were certainly well known and respected outside Meath

Mayoffs

we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

rrhf

Harry McClure. Paul Donnelly. Francie Burke, John Owens

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayoffs on June 11, 2016, 02:46:00 AM
Michael Moyles
Alan Roche
David Nestor

Nestor... You serious?

Colm McMenamon never shot the lights out, but he had a serious engine.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dúnros

agree, colm mcmenamon had a serious engine, got serious possession in games, but god help him, had the feet of a horse. Huge athlete though.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?