Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2016, 04:20:24 PM
Seafoid the criticism of the Northern style in the noughties (which was no worse than Meath in the late 80s) and the puke football label illustrates my point.Subconsciously there was an element of what do you expect? They are aliens after all,among the southern brethern as regards Northern teams winning All Irelands.
All true Irish and GAA people in the 26 were happy to see 4 of the 6 winning AIs.
Pateen Shpillane came out with the puke nonsense because his crowd were getting bet silly.
There's nothing wrong with complaining about a style of football or unsavoury behaviour by particular teams
Only problem I have is that the media/pundits never call out Kerry on their bad habits or carry on.
And you can rest assured Tony that if Fermanagh win Sam 30 other Counties will be delighted for them.
Of course there are partitionust gobshites who think everyone in the other jurisdiction are awful yokes altigether.....that's a 2 way street Tony ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: michaelg on June 03, 2016, 05:22:10 PM
I know you have made a recent post about sectarianism not being a two way street or some other such nonsense, but you are one of the most sectarian and bigoted individuals that I have ever encountered. Every post you make is loaded with invective and you seem to have a deep-seated hatred for everything related to the protestant / unionist community. Do you actually know or like any protestant / unionist people?

I see the name calling has started.

If I said something untrue then correct me. Calling names is clear sign that you have no basis for argument.
The Protestant/Unionist community has many admirable traits, but an ability to reflect on their sordid history is not one of them.
If you have evidence to the contrary then please provide it, otherwise apologise for calling me one of the most sectarian and bigoted individuals that you have ever encountered.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

I would go as far as to say in the 60s there was much more empathy between North and South,there was more of a give us back our six counties attitude in the South.But all that changed with the troubles,when the emphasis shifted down South to an attitude of "Thank God we don't have to sort all that out".Quite understandable.

I have no dislike of southern people at all, and spend quite a lot of time down there,but sadly after one hundred years we are now essentially  different people,shaped by different relatively contemporary experiences and histories.Similiarly we are as different as night and day in comparison to English people.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2016, 09:30:35 PM
I have no dislike of southern people at all, and spend quite a lot of time down there,but sadly after one hundred years we are now essentially  different people,shaped by different relatively contemporary experiences and histories.Similiarly we are as different as night and day in comparison to English people.

I think Tony you underrate the extent to which you are different from all people.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2016, 09:43:34 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2016, 09:30:35 PM

I think Tony you underrate the extent to which you are different from all people.
:D

T Fearon

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2016, 10:23:32 PM
I pride myself in my diversity😜

Perhaps the mathematicians among us have a word for a vector orthogonal to all axes.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2016, 11:41:11 PM
I'm Chinese.

A lot of people are.

Myself, I think I am turning Japanese, I really think so.

BennyCake

washed_up

Let the football do the talking- most of us will watch the four teams to see how they compare against the rest of Europe

michaelg

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2016, 06:28:21 PM
I know you have made a recent post about sectarianism not being a two way street or some other such nonsense, but you are one of the most sectarian and bigoted individuals that I have ever encountered. Every post you make is loaded with invective and you seem to have a deep-seated hatred for everything related to the protestant / unionist community. Do you actually know or like any protestant / unionist people?

If I said something untrue then correct me. Calling names is clear sign that you have no basis for argument.
The Protestant/Unionist community has many admirable traits, but an ability to reflect on their sordid history is not one of them.
If you have evidence to the contrary then please provide it, otherwise apologise for calling me one of the most sectarian and bigoted individuals that you have ever encountered.
David Trimble apologising for Northern Ireland being a 'coldhouse for catholics' would be one example. You didn't answer my question by the way.

armaghniac

Quote from: michaelg on June 04, 2016, 07:18:14 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2016, 06:28:21 PM

David Trimble apologising for Northern Ireland being a 'coldhouse for catholics' would be one example. You didn't answer my question by the way.

Trimble apologised for the temperature of the house, but not the building of it in the first place. It was a house designed to privilege one group over another and while fiddling around with the thermostat is welcome, it doesn't change the original and continuing intention of the building.

Do you accept that the British colonisation of Ireland was an evil act by evil people and that no moral person can propose its  continuance? A simple yes or no will do and no blather about different times, in the past and all that.

And if by your question you mean do I know or like any protestant / unionist people?  Of course I know and like Protestant people, which of course has nothing to do with being unionist. I certainly number among my friends people whose grandfathers signed the Ulster Covenant, but who have decided to leave the negative and destructive elements of their heritage behind them and become positive members (and very welcome) of the community.