Nicky Rackard Cup

Started by Saffron exile, May 01, 2007, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimpleSimon

Any word on what the ticket allocations are for the county's involved in the final?
Have you many for the bus Spirit? I'm sure there is a big crowd from your club going with 2 representatives.

Tommy, yes Paul is a very good hurler as he's proved playing for Ulster and Ireland in the shinty internationals. But if asked I'm sure he'd rather be playing with Armagh than any other team in Ulster!

Rossfan, is there many travelling up from the west for the game?

revsperminute

Whats the story with tickets for the game. No word yet as to how many the counties are getting. I'd say demand will far outway supply in Roscommon, i've booked two with my club but theres no guarantee in getting any at all.
As for the game i dont really know what to expect, will hope for a good tight game of hurling would benefit both teams as they havent had to excert themselves too much so far with the big scores that they have been piling up against the other teams they have met in the competition.
The benefit of playing in division 2 of the national league and the game against Derry in the Ulster championship which they were unlucky to lose will stand to Armagh, so on that basis Armagh are slight favourites for the title.
We have come on leaps and bounds in the past year compared to the debacle and shame of last year.

COME ON THE ROSSIES

Mack the finger

What's the point having the game on the same day as the dub match? Wouldn't it have been
better to pair it with the Monaghan/ Kerry game?

Rossfan

Maybe it's time the GAA fixed a date for the CR and NR cups to be played together in Croke Park on their own. Have all sorts of concessions for kids/families /club tickets etc etc. Also have all the works like band/parade/anthem/President etc
I'm sure it would do more to promote Hurling in Ros/Armagh/Kildare/Westmeath than sticking games on at 12.15 or before a sell out football game with only a  few hundred tickets to the Counties.
Similarly with the TM Cup - double it up with the Junior Final or the like.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

MrTaylor

The point is to shove the game to be back of the queue and not give Armagh and Roscommon hurlers any credit whatsoever for their endeavours this year. Match was originally fixed for Sunday 12 August before Munster champions side of the draw semi final. Moved to Saturday to accomodate the Dublin crowd for an All Ireland 1/4 final. Have the GAA not realised that Nicky Rackard Cup final is an All Ireland Final?

neilthemac

exactly.

the hurling is being shoved around to accommodate Dublin in the football for fecks sake!

SimpleSimon

Winning the u21 will give Roscommon a lift for the nrc final. Have they many u21's on the senior squad?

heurebag

our club team wud comfortably beat the nicky rackard cup finalists, thats how shite they are

Midman

Quote from: heurebag on August 05, 2007, 07:26:22 PM
our club team wud comfortably beat the nicky rackard cup finalists, thats how shite they are

Excellent post. We will really make strides in improving hurling  with that attitude. ???

SimpleSimon

Where is your club from as i'd beg to differ and I'm imagine you don't get on your club team as no one but a tool would come out with a statement like that!!

neilthemac

well the likes of Roscommon and Armagh would regularly play senior club teams in challenge games, and usually win

INDIANA

i doubt it - louth and roscommon were hockeyed by my club in dublin in recent challenges - the standard is sub dublin club hurling level.

MrTaylor

"our club team wud comfortably beat the nicky rackard cup finalists, thats how shite they are"

And your team is?

Be careful how you spell it!

www.spellcheck.net/

Red Hurley

The Dublin Clubs would be proud of you, you bollocks!!!!

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Heurebag - all you proved with that post is you are an idiot!  :PFair play to Armagh and Roscommon although they should have had their game played before the Hurling Semi-Final and give them the recognition their efforts deserve. The world doesn't always have to revolve around money for the GAA and while I appreciate the vast number of followers that Dublin footballers have sometimes the GAA shouldn't just do things to make a quick buck. Was at the Cork V Dublin match in Portlaoise at the weekend and that was a disgrace too, two fine young minor teams instead of getting their day in the sun pushed out to an evening throw in rather than getting the chance to grace Croker - not acceptable.
That said best of luck to Matty Lennon and the Armagh lads this week, would be great to see them get a victory with the enhanced effort they are putting into hurling. If Armagh do lose out will Matty rue the fact that the Courtney's and Mc Guinness's are hurling with Down rather than Armagh!  ;)