Scannal! TG4, Louth v Meath Leinster Final 2010

Started by BennyCake, April 21, 2016, 12:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Just watched a recording of this.

Yer Louth man interviewed in the red tie made a bit of a tit of himself.

Interesting to hear about the atmosphere in the Meath dressing room afterwards.

Highlander3

Why what did it say about the atmosphere in the Meath dressing room?

thejuice

Didn't know about this must feach ar sin. Trevor Giles was on Laochra Gael as well which I missed too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BennyCake

Sheridan after presentation did TV interviews, came into dressing room and let a roar out of him in celebration. Meath lads sat and looked at him in silence, more or less to say "catch yourself on Joe, we didn't deserve that".

None of the officials interviewed though. Strange that.

ONeill

Quote from: BennyCake on April 23, 2016, 10:26:33 PM
Sheridan after presentation did TV interviews, came into dressing room and let a roar out of him in celebration.

That's just standard Meathian means of communication.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Colm O'Rourke hit the nail on the head on the Sunday game saying that 'Louth had only themselves to blame for not being further in front coming into the closing minutes of the game. '

ONeill

JFK had only himself to blame for not having a bullet proof helmet on him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Itchy

giveballaghback

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 23, 2016, 11:36:42 PM
Colm O'Rourke hit the nail on the head on the Sunday game saying that 'Louth had only themselves to blame for not being further in front coming into the closing minutes of the game. '

Stupid argument to agree with Bunker. And I'm sure the Meath dressingroom was 'we're innocent victims in all of this'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Il Bomber Destro

I always found it funny how the outrage and attention turned straightaway to Sludden when the umpires were unquestionably more culpable for the decision.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 24, 2016, 11:23:18 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 23, 2016, 11:36:42 PM

Stupid argument to agree with Bunker. And I'm sure the Meath dressingroom was 'we're innocent victims in all of this'.
+1

Hound

Meath not offering a replay was very silly. All accounts say the County Board and players would have had no problem with offering it, but the manager was adamant against it.

BennyCake

Was it up to Meath though? And why would a team give up a cup they just won? The Leinster council should have stepped in and ordered a replay.

I wonder what would have happened had Louth fans began a sit down protest like Offaly fans did in 1998.

thejuice

I still wish we offered a replay even though I see the point hardstation is making.

We were looking comfortable at half time if I recall correctly. Another good lead we shouldn't have lost.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016