Stuff you would do if money was no object

Started by seafoid, January 19, 2016, 02:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Subbie

Set myself up in business with the sole intention of bankrupting Denis O'Brien.
when i get finished with Denis I'll be conflicted between the ruination of FF and FG, who to f**k over first.
When that's done I will then tackle the oil companies and other similar pricks.
Next I will take over a few countries, completely ban management speak gobbledegook in all its forms.

All of this will be orchestrated from my Caribbean bolthole accessed via private airstrip.

thewobbler

There are 35,000 golf course in the world. My life's work would be to play them all. My best days would be when I helicopter my mates in for the day to whichever course we are playing.

When not golfing, I'd use the financial freedom to try to actually write one the novels that have been floating around in my head for the past few years.

Ballyholland Harps would get one hell of a touch, and it would be rude not to fix some of the financial problems in Down GAA. Though I'd probably premise it on a condition that the next manager must get rid of technology like GPS and stats and such like, and instead just use intuition to coach his players. I've no idea if it would work, but I'd happily pay to find out.

I'd most likely suffer alcohol poisoning and gout along the way.

omaghjoe

Family would be the main thing at the minute so actually not much would change for the next few years, maybe a nanny and a few adjustments around the house.

After a few years I'd buy a small farm sheep, beef and milk and run a source to plate business, inc shop and pub/restaurant. Tho not sure about the ethics of this as I could effectively run at a loss so not fair to other business owners

Work on a few Languages

Travel

Nihilist

Solve World Hunger
Solve Climate Change
Solve Space Travel....maybe

bennydorano

I'd become the worst professional cyclist in history, with a huge collection of £10k+ bikes. Wouldn't see much of the winter season ever again.

rosnarun

Quote from: ziggysego on January 19, 2016, 11:16:02 PM
I'm happy with my lot in life. I don't think money brings any extra happiness. In fact research shows, after the initial adrenaline burst, people return to their natural 'happiness level'.
Accoring to those that know having Kids add the longest increased happiness about 18 months ,

so have a kid every other year seems to be the best use of money and deciding who to have them with would be an added bonus
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

WeeDonns

I'd start a thread on an internet forum titled ' Stuff  you would do  if money was no object' and then live out everyone elses plans...

* and give each of them a few quid obviously ;)

ONeill

Quote from: general_lee on January 20, 2016, 10:43:33 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 20, 2016, 10:39:20 AM
Become a dictator.
Would you start Lee Brennan?

Well, put it like this. Aidan McCrory would have some explaining to do.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

How many boarders would stay in their current job if they were millionaires?

I would but possibly limit it to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.... between the hours of 10am and 4pm  Would give me long weekends...Wife would leave work in a heartbeat though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

I'd buy my employer and make a few changes....
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2016, 11:50:02 AM
How many boarders would stay in their current job if they were millionaires?

I would but possibly limit it to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.... between the hours of 10am and 4pm  Would give me long weekends...Wife would leave work in a heartbeat though
Resignation letter would be handed in double-quick. I would work my 3 months notice though.

rrhf