Allianz Hurling League 2016

Started by Mossy Bruce, January 11, 2016, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on February 21, 2016, 07:03:49 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on February 21, 2016, 06:51:09 PM
A Lose that, and I think it'll be another play-off w/ the winners of 2A - is that right? Not looking too good, I'm afraid.

Yeah there are plenty of trap doors to avoid relegation. Two more shots at it. One v Offaly/Kerry and one v Antrim/Westmeath. Nearly harder to get out of 1B than get into it.

God, I'd say Leix could find a way...

Thewildcat

Quote from: burdizzo on February 21, 2016, 06:51:09 PM
Actually, they were moving quite well until Offaly went down to 14 men, and after that the Biffos seemed to step it up a bit. Laoise couldn't cope when their big strong men ran at them, and they didn't seem as able to break through the tackle as easily Offaly, thus often getting done for over-carrying. I know you're always losing when you're giving out about the ref., but he did seem to give Offaly the benefit more often.
Good displays from Ross King, Darren Maher, and Leigh Bergin, and better from Picky. Willie got one of his trademark points when he came on, but really, it is very disappointing not to have won this. They seemed the better team in the first half, and went in only three down with a strong wind to come. Not to be able to capitalise on that - and an extra man - is criminal. They'll certainly be in a relegation play-off now, and I'd fancy that to be a return game against Offaly. Lose that, and I think it'll be another play-off w/ the winners of 2A - is that right? Not looking too good, I'm afraid.

Kerry won't beat offaly in Birr plus offaly will have alot of the players who were missing today back. but i fancy laois to beat Kerry in the play off.  as for the ref left offaly with 14 men for most of the second half don't think it was a sending off what you see what Paudie Maher got away with today.  the thing that puzzle me today what was Cheddar at leaving Plamer on Dooley it was a complete miss match.

SCFC

Pauric Maher should have walked yesterday. A terrible foul.

burdizzo

SCFC

Quote from: burdizzo on February 23, 2016, 07:44:34 AM
Pauric Maher???
Yeah, the wing back. Wasn't it him pulled off that high tackle around the head on TJ Reid? Sorry if I got the name wrong?!

Unlaoised

Just listened to Cheddar's interview with Jack Nolan there on line to be fair he gets his point across well about how inexperienced we are etc etc..

Says lads are settling in to play a new system and it takes time...

Rubbished the fact that the sweeper system was being defensive and that its a way of attacking differently by holding posession from deep.

Said he was much happier with the fight against Offaly by all the players .

He didn't under estimate Kerry and had them watched in four games leading up to the LAois game but that the players just didn't fight on the day for whatever reason.

As a Laois hurling man he can't wait to get stuck into Clare Limerick and Wexford and these are the game where the county should be wanting to play.

He came across well as I said really making the point about the team needing to settle as a uinit with so many youngsters in it.

We have nothing to loose now and we might as well go and hurl to the best of our ability against Clare and Limerick ...Wexford could be a game you might give us a chance of getting something out of but it looks a big ask now.

LAOIS ABÚ

burdizzo

Quote from: SCFC on February 23, 2016, 07:50:09 AM
Pauric Maher???
Yeah, the wing back. Wasn't it him pulled off that high tackle around the head on TJ Reid? Sorry if I got the name wrong?!

Ha ha! I see - you're joking! Laoise wish they had Pauric Maher, and Offaly would love to have TJ Reid!!

SCFC

Ah no I was talking about the post above mine which referenced Pauric Mahers tackle versus the Offaly lad who got the line Sunday. I was trying to say that Maher should have walked too.

Thewildcat

Quote from: burdizzo on February 23, 2016, 10:38:50 AM
Quote from: SCFC on February 23, 2016, 07:50:09 AM
Pauric Maher???

Ha ha! I see - you're joking! Laoise wish they had Pauric Maher, and Offaly would love to have TJ Reid!!
[/quote

course offaly would like to have Reid so woulds tipp and Galway, but offaly have had their wonder forwards to Corrigan, Pat Carroll, Horan, the Dooleys Troy, all al ireland winners, what did laois ever have ????

burdizzo

redsetanta

I listened to Cheddars post match interview as well and he spoke well. He knows the task at hand and sounds like he has a clear vision of what needs to be done. I've no doubt that we will stay up in 1B and we will be ready come championship.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ogie

A tough evening in store this evening I fear.

Merman I'd love to hear your take/opinion on our current position & the year ahead?

burdizzo

Well, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was probably a case of Leix dragging Clare down to their level a bit. It'd be easier to pick out the lads who were a bit 'off' (Cha, Picky, Zane) than those who in outstandingly good form, though Healy did fairly well, Whelan looked  somewhat more comfortable, and Joe Phelan had his moments. Scully showed some nice touches when he came on, but his decision making let him down at times. Also, a lot of wides from Laoise made sure it never got really interesting, but they did work hard and showed a bit of fight for a while in the second half.
Still and all, I'd rather an eight point loss to Clare than an eight point loss to Kerry, even if Clare weren't at full tilt.
By the way, anyone know why wasn't Darren Maher playing?

redsetanta

A few very poor wides on Saturday night when players weren't under any pressure. Granted Clare had quite a few wides in the second half as well.

Plenty of fight in Laois and it threatened to boil over once or twice but it was good to see the fight and Laois lads up fo rthe battle. Cha will have to watch himself as he received a needless yellow for back chat.

PJ is lacking something for a talented fella. Took his eye off the ball when a goal chance was on and maybe was too aware of an impending tackle that never came. He appears to be more peripheral than getting stuck in at times if that makes sense. A bitterly cold night in O'Moore Park too.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

LOVEGAA

Quote from: redsetanta on March 07, 2016, 09:59:06 AM
A few very poor wides on Saturday night when players weren't under any pressure. Granted Clare had quite a few wides in the second half as well.

Plenty of fight in Laois and it threatened to boil over once or twice but it was good to see the fight and Laois lads up fo rthe battle. Cha will have to watch himself as he received a needless yellow for back chat.

PJ is lacking something for a talented fella. Took his eye off the ball when a goal chance was on and maybe was too aware of an impending tackle that never came. He appears to be more peripheral than getting stuck in at times if that makes sense. A bitterly cold night in O'Moore Park too.

Have to agree . Thought most of the  lads showed a lot of guts at times and you would have to feel sorry for them.

To be honest sometimes I wonder what the line are looking at.
Putting Foyle on O Donnell was pure madness.  Healy was the only one who could match him in pace .

Foyle isnt looking comfortable in the backs in my opinion and I do wonder about putting him back FF and leaving him sitting in front of goal.

Thought Ross King was hard done by being brought off for PJ Scully

Leaving only 2 forwards in was just a waste of time in my opinion and putting too much pressure on King and Hyland

Hyland showed good intelligent play but unfortunately he didnt have the back up

Where was Palmer and Mahers?