The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooming around

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 27, 2023, 07:52:33 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on July 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 26, 2023, 09:10:52 PM
Reading this thread with interest as I genuinely care about the state of Laois hurling. Often I read two people disagreeing on forums and I can cobble together the gist of the overall story as people will have share a common thread on details, facts, information (without actually agreeing).
However I have NEVER seen posters post such diametrically opposite details with both adamant they are correct. Can anyone corroborate either reports of results in Tony Forristal etc. ??

The Poster made the following comment

" The  team reached the semi final of the Tony forrisal after beating cork and Wexford in Waterford lost to Tipperary who I believe won the competition out."

You can verify whether he told the truth or not here

Tony Forristal and Sonny Walsh Results 2022 results available below


https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1563643591699836928?s=46&t=Z3KW3Rw04beopUDsdM2Hwg

https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1563651881267863552?s=46&t=Z3KW3Rw04beopUDsdM2Hwg

Thanks. Some questions on the structure of the current Forristal/Walsh Tournament.

My understanding is Forristal Cup is top, Forristal Shield is next and then Sonny Walsh tier 3. Why (in the results) are Wexford 2 in the Forristal Shield but Wexford 1 in the Sonny Walsh competition? I also see a Tipp 1 and 2 in the Sonny Walsh. Theres also a Tipp 1 in the Forristal.  Are they different teams? Should it read Tipp 1 in Forr and Tipp 2+3 in Sonny Walsh.

It just makes for unclear reading.


The Tony Forristal is for the top teams.
The Sonny Walsh is made up of the second teams of the top counties plus some weaker counties.
Both the Forristal and Walsh cups have a shield for early round losers.
We have alternated between the Forristal and Walsh over the last number of years.

Leixlad

I got a copy of this years u15 group results up to the Galway game (which i think was a playoff game post groups to determine final seedings for end of year tournament?)

John Doyle Group 4
Clare 2 1-08 V Limerick 2 1-08
Meath 1 4-09 V Laois 1 4-11
Clare 2 0-10 V Meath 1 1-12
Limerick 2 1-15 V Laois 1 2-21
Laois 1 1-09 V Clare 2 6-19
Meath 1 2-06 V Limerick 2 1-19


clonadmad

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 27, 2023, 07:52:33 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on July 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 26, 2023, 09:10:52 PM
Reading this thread with interest as I genuinely care about the state of Laois hurling. Often I read two people disagreeing on forums and I can cobble together the gist of the overall story as people will have share a common thread on details, facts, information (without actually agreeing).
However I have NEVER seen posters post such diametrically opposite details with both adamant they are correct. Can anyone corroborate either reports of results in Tony Forristal etc. ??

The Poster made the following comment

" The  team reached the semi final of the Tony forrisal after beating cork and Wexford in Waterford lost to Tipperary who I believe won the competition out."

You can verify whether he told the truth or not here

Tony Forristal and Sonny Walsh Results 2022 results available below


https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1563643591699836928?s=46&t=Z3KW3Rw04beopUDsdM2Hwg

https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1563651881267863552?s=46&t=Z3KW3Rw04beopUDsdM2Hwg

Thanks. Some questions on the structure of the current Forristal/Walsh Tournament.

My understanding is Forristal Cup is top, Forristal Shield is next and then Sonny Walsh tier 3. Why (in the results) are Wexford 2 in the Forristal Shield but Wexford 1 in the Sonny Walsh competition? I also see a Tipp 1 and 2 in the Sonny Walsh. Theres also a Tipp 1 in the Forristal.  Are they different teams? Should it read Tipp 1 in Forr and Tipp 2+3 in Sonny Walsh.

It just makes for unclear reading.

Forristal is Top tier

And splits into Cup and Shield

Sonny Walsh is second Tier

And also splits into Cup and Shield

The numbering of Teams can be confusing all right

Tipp 1 as per your example in the Forristal os their number 1 team

Tipp 1 in the walsh is their second squad and tipp 2 is their third squad

Laois had 2 squads in the Sonny walsh

Waterford had 2 squads make Forristal semi finals

clonadmad

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 27, 2023, 09:54:25 AM
Glad to clarify.
What went up on twitter was incorrect due to games had to be changed due to the death of Dylan quirke. As I said I was there what was put up on twitter was incorrect Tipperary and Wexford were in laois team one group. Hope that clear any confusion.

Dillon Quirke died on the 5th of August last year

The Forristal and Walsh Conpetition took place on the 28th of August

Are you seriously telling us all that the Tony Forristal committee fabricated all its results,moved Laois out of the 16 team Forristal section,repeatedly put wrong results up then on social media and that no one challenged them ?

And that's even before we come to the spectators who witnessed the actual games ?



mcwregor

Quote from: Leixlad on July 27, 2023, 10:19:50 AM
I got a copy of this years u15 group results up to the Galway game (which i think was a playoff game post groups to determine final seedings for end of year tournament?)

John Doyle Group 4
Clare 2 1-08 V Limerick 2 1-08
Meath 1 4-09 V Laois 1 4-11
Clare 2 0-10 V Meath 1 1-12
Limerick 2 1-15 V Laois 1 2-21
Laois 1 1-09 V Clare 2 6-19
Meath 1 2-06 V Limerick 2 1-19

Theres being negative and then theres reality.
So the reality is Clare's second string beat us by 25 points? Or am I missing something?
Regardless we are competing in the B competition in most of these development squad tournaments

Hurling123

As Laoislad put up the results of this year competition .
Exactly as I said before . We best Limerick in Limerick lost to Clare but this was on the weekend that feile competition was played so we were missing alot of the team .
My post started by remarking how well our u15 done at the weekend by beating Galway 1 in Galway.
I have checked in with the management and no one has approached them with a view of helping out.
Tells alot about some of the knowledge men

Giovanni

It shouldn't be too much for the Laois GAA website to publish these results as a matter of course.

Zooming around

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 27, 2023, 03:17:45 PM
As Laoislad put up the results of this year competition .
Exactly as I said before . We best Limerick in Limerick lost to Clare but this was on the weekend that feile competition was played so we were missing alot of the team .
My post started by remarking how well our u15 done at the weekend by beating Galway 1 in Galway.
I have checked in with the management and no one has approached them with a view of helping out.
Tells alot about some of the knowledge men


So you're happy enough to acknowledge my point that a team named Galway 1 isn't necessary Galway's A team??#

Also, how do you know that some of us aren't or haven't been involved with our squads. Development Squads didn't start when you got involved.

Hurling123

/U15          
Arrabawn A QF   Score              Arrabawn B QF   Score
Limerick v Clare   4-22 3-14              Galway 1 v Laois   3-17 3-18
Tipperary v Cork 2   1-22 2-10      Galway 2 v Dublin 2   5-21 0-07
Wexford v Waterford   1-16 0-21       Dublin 1 v Tipperary 2   
Cork 1 v Kilkenny   3-18 1-19     Kilkenny 2 v Offaly 1   7-18 1-18
   

copy and paste from the score at weekend
if you believe that Galway put there second team out against Laois and there first team v Dublin 2 fire away who am i to argue with you. as you see Galway have only two teams in the competition.
i certainly see it as a good win for a Laois team.

Certainly hope they put in a good performance the next day out.
as per previous post Tony Forristal and sonny walsh placings are based on results up to that date in the u14 competition along with the fact how your county preformed the previous year. Laois had decided to play the early round of this competition using divisional team.
North laois, South laois , east laois and West laois .so both laois south would play one half and north the second half(and vice versa for the other laois  team West and east) it was to try and get as many involved as possible it didnt work out to well.  laois had intended to play the last two rounds as academy teams A and B .
the last date to qualify for Tony F and Sonny walsh was due to be held in thurles on the 6th of august , on friday night Declan Quirke lost his life.Rip
the format was changed from the original fixture because there was no  means of telling where team stood .hence laois 1 played cork first won by 2 points played wexford next and won well . 
as per my reaching out to you to get involved i don't doubt you may have been involved before but maybe if you care so much now's the time to get involved again ??if this u15 team has some future we all need to help ???

mcwregor

Is it just me or is all that very confusing?
1) Is Galway 1 their best 15 and galway 2 their second string? Or are they 2 teams divided evenly?
2) Are the first games on each line the A quarter finals and the second game on each line the B comp?
3) if no 2 is the case then had galway 2 teams in the b comp?

SpeculativeEffort

Without meaning it to be insulting but everytime @Hurling123 adds something I get even more confused 😕

Blow-in


clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on July 27, 2023, 11:49:00 PM
Lots of waffle posted here

The results from last years Tony Forristal and Sonny Walsh which I linked to,in a previous post don't lie

The results from this years Arrabawn u15 competition being played the end of August won't lie either

I have spoken to a few people in the past few days given the posts here from Hurling123 that are a lot closer to the u15's that what I would be

The difference between the u15 Hurling and Football set ups this year are night and day in terms of coaching,communication and organisation

The u15 hurlers have undoubted potential but the set up is shambolic

I witnessed it a few months back v Limerick in the CoE

I've also been in on other business and stood and watched training sessions which consisted of laps,backs and forwards and the 3 mentors chatting amongst themselves with no input or direction or coaching towards the players

If you don't believe me ,I'd ask you all to look into the u15 hurling set up and draw your own conclusions

I also am led to believe the u14 Hurling Squad is well organised.




Zooming around

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 27, 2023, 11:45:19 PM
Without meaning it to be insulting but everytime @Hurling123 adds something I get even more confused 😕

Thanks be to jaysus there's someone else. I thought it was just me.

Ogie

U14 Hurling Squad had one mentor with them only in Thurles last weekend,
Farcical set up too from the word go