Who was the Blue Panther

Started by Fuzzman, October 24, 2015, 01:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Lar Naparka

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Wildweasel74

Fuzz you must be of the younger generation!

Fuzzman

Met him last night in a pub in Dublin. Never heard if him but he was a total gent.
He reckons this Dublin team are way better than any 70s team.

5 Sams

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 24, 2015, 08:08:55 PM
Met him last night in a pub in Dublin. Never heard if him but he was a total gent.
He reckons this Dublin team are way better than any 70s team.

Let me get this right. You're on here asking who the Blue Panther is after meeting him in a pub. Did he introduce himself as the Blue Panther???
The Aristocrat Years

easytiger95

From what I know of him that is not his style at all ;D My brother knows him a bit. I just love the idea of him cruising around telling people "Howya, I'm the Blue Panther!"

Hardy

How does Joe McNally introduce himself?

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on October 24, 2015, 11:15:34 PM
How does Joe McNally introduce himself?

Having marked the man I can tell you he was hilarious.

Until I tried to run for a ball.

There was this amazing tractor beam that would stop you running and force you to listen to stories. Then mysteriously the tractor beam would break off just as Joe got the ball and buried it. Then he would say 'Where were we?'.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 24, 2015, 02:18:06 AM
Anton O'Toole

Actually his father (or uncle maybe) was a part of one of the most infamous incidents in Mayo football history.......the time the young lads from Garrymore were carted off to jail on Christmas Day for trespassing in a field back in the 1940s.  There's a great podcast on Claremorris Comminity radio website

Wildweasel74

Fuzz off hand without going to google could you know many of the Dublin's 70`s, G could nearly name the whole team, they were that big at the time, cant believe you didn't know who Anton O`Toole was!! Joe probably introduces himself as BIG JOE lol

Jinxy

I've a feeling Fuzzman spent half the night buying pints for some oul lad pretending to be Anton O'Toole.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Beffs

I'd say there are A LOT of aul lads saying they are the original Blue Panther, since the Connolly banner showed up on the Hill during the AI final.  ::)