Started by rrhf, September 13, 2015, 09:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: CiKe on October 12, 2015, 08:43:41 PM
Quote from: finbar o tool on October 12, 2015, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2015, 07:39:46 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 12, 2015, 07:37:29 PM
Quote from: maximus on October 12, 2015, 07:27:21 PM
Perhaps retribution for Pape's tackle on Heaslip and resultant vertebral injury.
Stupid nonetheless!

If so, that would be even more idiotic. Ireland won that game and the six nations. Revenge enough in itself. If he was to hold that grudge for six months waiting to unleash it in Ireland's biggest game in four years, you'd question the sanity of it.

Anyway, the citing had been confirmed. Apparently low end of the suspensions for this particular offence is around two weeks. Hearing tomorrow at 1pm.

Pape also was the main culprit for both O'Connell and O'Mahoney injuries yesterday. And considering the French talk all week was how they were going to target Sexton, I'd say taking no sh*t from Pape was talked about all week.

ah i would think its a more professional set up than that. they wouldn't pay much heed to newspaper talk or keeping an eye on this fella or that fella.
as it was so early in the game he might have been a bit too wound up or something and lost the head for a second. sure the tank probably doesn't know his own strength!! it wasn't a closed fist so that might help his cause.

looking at Pape dropping like a bag of shite, i wouldn't like to get a closed fist clatter off Sean O 'Brien!!

I wonder how much of that was for the cameras.

regarding being the "culprit" in the Sexton and O'Connell injuries, I didn't see anything wrong with either tackle?

Not Sexton, O'Mahoney. I am not saying there was anything wrong with the tackles. Just that he has form injuring Irish players. I am sure it was discussed beforehand and for some of them, there was no way they would let him intimidate them.

Here is a good shot of it.

You can see all of O'Brien's knuckles and at least half of his fingers. The is hardly a 'closed fist punch'. I'd say maximum one match.
MWWSI 2017

Gold

Hope Trimble is called into the squad.

Class,exciting player

Squeaky bum time!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

muppet

Quote from: Gold on October 12, 2015, 11:51:12 PM

Class,exciting player

Squeaky bum time!

Schmidt is definitely a fan, having brought him in from the cold last year and Trimble really delivered for him. But surely he will look for 9, 10 &/or 13 cover, rather than 11, 13 & 14 cover?
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 12, 2015, 11:13:38 PM
Would anybody on here not mention Australia or the semi, and get a grip, theres a quarter final to play and you take it one game at a time, if the players have the supporters attitude they are fucked. Its nearly like the Mayo bandwagon having a clean run to the all-lreland next year and disregarding the games in between. Ruddock a good player, Touhy will come for O`Connell. giving the hammering we taking up front i go for an additional pack player for Payne also

Will ye cop yerself on tf. If there is a train of thought out there like that it is coming from mischief makers and then projected onto us like the likes of you. Can you not tell the difference between Roscommon/Galway posters, obvious wums and actual Mayo posters. Catch a grip a stór tf.

moysider

Quote from: Gold on October 12, 2015, 11:51:12 PM

Class,exciting player

Squeaky bum time!

Trimble yes. But are we losing a back for sure?

finbar o tool

Mike McCarthy coming in for O'Connell apparently.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2015, 11:43:20 PM
Quote from: CiKe on October 12, 2015, 08:43:41 PM
Quote from: finbar o tool on October 12, 2015, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2015, 07:39:46 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 12, 2015, 07:37:29 PM
Quote from: maximus on October 12, 2015, 07:27:21 PM
Perhaps retribution for Pape's tackle on Heaslip and resultant vertebral injury.
Stupid nonetheless!

If so, that would be even more idiotic. Ireland won that game and the six nations. Revenge enough in itself. If he was to hold that grudge for six months waiting to unleash it in Ireland's biggest game in four years, you'd question the sanity of it.

Anyway, the citing had been confirmed. Apparently low end of the suspensions for this particular offence is around two weeks. Hearing tomorrow at 1pm.

Pape also was the main culprit for both O'Connell and O'Mahoney injuries yesterday. And considering the French talk all week was how they were going to target Sexton, I'd say taking no sh*t from Pape was talked about all week.

ah i would think its a more professional set up than that. they wouldn't pay much heed to newspaper talk or keeping an eye on this fella or that fella.
as it was so early in the game he might have been a bit too wound up or something and lost the head for a second. sure the tank probably doesn't know his own strength!! it wasn't a closed fist so that might help his cause.

looking at Pape dropping like a bag of shite, i wouldn't like to get a closed fist clatter off Sean O 'Brien!!

I wonder how much of that was for the cameras.

regarding being the "culprit" in the Sexton and O'Connell injuries, I didn't see anything wrong with either tackle?

Not Sexton, O'Mahoney. I am not saying there was anything wrong with the tackles. Just that he has form injuring Irish players. I am sure it was discussed beforehand and for some of them, there was no way they would let him intimidate them.

Here is a good shot of it.

You can see all of O'Brien's knuckles and at least half of his fingers. The is hardly a 'closed fist punch'. I'd say maximum one match.

Cant say he didnt deserve it if was retribution but silly stuff none the less. There's plently of opportunity in rugby to get in a sly cheap dig, (quite often legally) if he really wanted revenge.
Them hoors wud be physced to the teeth before hand so he probably let it get the better of him momentarily, done that meself at football and got away with it :P

lickthem

Need to get the Dublin team's lawyers on the job!

Rudi

Quote from: moysider on October 13, 2015, 12:43:09 AM
Would anybody on here not mention Australia or the semi, and get a grip, theres a quarter final to play and you take it one game at a time, if the players have the supporters attitude they are fucked. Its nearly like the Mayo bandwagon having a clean run to the all-lreland next year and disregarding the games in between. Ruddock a good player, Touhy will come for O`Connell. giving the hammering we taking up front i go for an additional pack player for Payne also

Will ye cop yerself on tf. If there is a train of thought out there like that it is coming from mischief makers and then projected onto us like the likes of you. Can you not tell the difference between Roscommon/Galway posters, obvious wums and actual Mayo posters. Catch a grip a stór tf.

A world cup rugby thread and Mayo posters start talking about Roscommon and Galway. Ballagh will get a mention yet. Sweet fu+k will they ever all fu@k off back to Bohola or Bonniconlon.

muppet

Quote from: Rudi on October 13, 2015, 09:44:55 AM
Quote from: moysider on October 13, 2015, 12:43:09 AM

A world cup rugby thread and Mayo posters start talking about Roscommon and Galway. Ballagh will get a mention yet. Sweet fu+k will they ever all fu@k off back to Bohola or Bonniconlon.

A rugby world cup thread and Rossie posters start talking about Bohola and Bonniconlon.  ::)

MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

AZOffaly

Walter Cronc

Christ lads Touhy is no better!!

Second row is an area we have to develop more players

AZOffaly

He's a bit better. You're right though, we've gone from the second row being a fairly deep position with Leo Cullen, Donnacha O'Callaghan, Paul O'Connell and others to now being fairly bare. Even Henderson and Ryan are probably back rows primarily. Dave Foley at Munster is not bad, but he's really a lineout operator.

Walter Cronc

What age is Foley? I suppose lads of 6'6 plus aren't exactly common in Ireland.

Any coming through in the last couple of strong U20 sides that we've had?

Why is there a delay in replacing Payne?