Buying and Selling tickets - Face Value only PLEASE!!

Started by Fuzzman, September 03, 2015, 02:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAATicketExchange/

The scramble for tickets at Croke park last Sunday for the Dublin v Mayo match got me thinking how can we get genuine GAA fans into a social network where they can sell, buy and swap tickets safely without paying over the odds prices to touts. I know we already have toutless.com but anyone can join this group and then if you have a ticket to sell or swap you can advertise it here and then use private message with other members looking for tickets to say where you are and how much you want for the ticket. A lot of people at every match end up going into the stadium with spare tickets in their pocket that they couldn't get rid of. When selling tickets you have to make a judgement call of course is this person going to the game themselves or going to sell the ticket on for profit.

So I've set up this group but not really sure what is the best way to manage it.
My initial idea was that people with tickets to sell will stick up a new thread by clicking on sell something and then say how many tickets, where they're for and the price. FACE VALUE ONLY otherwise I will delete it.

Does anyone have any ideas how to manage this better or can I split it into match by match threads in some way?

Any other views or advice will be well received.

Qwerty28

Suppose there's no harm in asking but if anyone has one spare for Saturday let me know...thanks!  ;)

Have joined that group on facebook Fuzzman, very good idea, hopefully it gets off the ground and sorts out a few genuine people.

50fiftyball

Are tickets out yet for Dublin v Kerry? Looking on the Croke Park ticket exchange, the game is listed along with the camogie final....

guy crouchback

if you are looking for tickets on the priomh exchange for the final you will want your wits about you  i have never seen it as bad as this year. i had an awful job getting tickets for the semi reply and for the hurling final. i reckon they must have sold a load more memberships then there were a year or two ago.

Bingo

Quote from: guy crouchback on September 10, 2015, 03:08:42 PM
if you are looking for tickets on the priomh exchange for the final you will want your wits about you  i have never seen it as bad as this year. i had an awful job getting tickets for the semi reply and for the hurling final. i reckon they must have sold a load more memberships then there were a year or two ago.

One of the posters on here will likely explain this and he uses priomh but he reckons any tickets been sold by annual seat holders on priomh are snapped up by the gaa and not going on sale to the exchange members for the big games.

guy crouchback

ya it must be something like that, to get tickets now you pretty much have to spend all day everyday with the  page open and hit refresh every half a minute, its mind numbing and takes the good out of it a bit. i don't mind it for finals because in fairness you are not even supposed to be able to get tickets for finals but i do resent the amount of time and hassle it takes to get tickets for quarter and semi finals. its also now much harder to get cusack and hogan tickets.

i'm on it long enough now to nearly know which seats should be coming up and this year a lot of really good seats that used to be regularly available are no longer coming on sale. there are other possible reason for this  but  i suspect something like that outlined above is whats happening.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Bingo on September 10, 2015, 04:22:56 PM

One of the posters on here will likely explain this and he uses priomh but he reckons any tickets been sold by annual seat holders on priomh are snapped up by the gaa and not going on sale to the exchange members for the big games.

Who are they going to then?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Bingo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 10, 2015, 04:47:44 PM
Quote from: Bingo on September 10, 2015, 04:22:56 PM

Who are they going to then?

Without knowing for sure but I'd suspect that corporate Ireland are on the roll again and buying up any tickets that the GAA can provide them. Many of them give up their term tickets over the year and are now only too keen to entertain on the big days again.

Boycey

guy there is a much easier way to search it using Firefox browser and a wee add-on called check4change. Never fails me yet. PM me if you need help

Gaffer

Quote from: guy crouchback on September 10, 2015, 04:36:14 PM
ya it must be something like that, to get tickets now you pretty much have to spend all day everyday with the  page open and hit refresh every half a minute, its mind numbing and takes the good out of it a bit. i don't mind it for finals because in fairness you are not even supposed to be able to get tickets for finals but i do resent the amount of time and hassle it takes to get tickets for quarter and semi finals. its also now much harder to get cusack and hogan tickets.

i'm on it long enough now to nearly know which seats should be coming up and this year a lot of really good seats that used to be regularly available are no longer coming on sale. there are other possible reason for this  but  i suspect something like that outlined above is whats happening.

There were constant tickets on sale for the Tyrone Kerry game on Priomh

I didn't however spot one ticket for sale for both  dublin mayo games !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

JoG2

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 10, 2015, 07:21:18 PM
https://www.viagogo.ie/secure/buy/SelectQuantity?ListingID=26092664&EventID=878541&quantity=4

There's 4 lower cusack buckos for €6900  :-X

Viagogo and all those other legal touting sites (owned by the likes of Ticketmaster)  disgust me.  One law change and they'd be done away with

andoireabu

If anyone has or hears of two spares for the final here, could you keep me in mind. Face value and anywhere will do!  Cheers
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

JoG2

Quote from: andoireabu on September 10, 2015, 08:00:31 PM
If anyone has or hears of two spares for the final here, could you keep me in mind. Face value and anywhere will do!  Cheers

If one of them 2 tickets isn't for me,  I'd love a couple as well :-)