List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Now Donegal GAA is refuting the Teamtalk story. Teamtalk might have been better waiting until an official statement came out... "a man told me"...

muppet

Did anyone from Tyrone actually read the Teamtalk statement to its conclusion?

Firstly they posted this:

"A statement from Ulster GAA, and the Donegal and Tyrone county board's is expected to be released shortly to finally bring closure to this unfortunate episode. "

Then they posted this:

In a response to our report Donegal GAA have this evening responded with the following statement...

CLG Dhun na nGall wish to vehemently refute the story on teamtalkmag.com this evening. CLG Dhun na nGall has in its possession the Ulster Council CCC Investigation Report and the conclusions reached were agreed by both CLG Thir Eoghain and CLG Dhun na nGall at a meeting on Wednesday September 23rd. We understand that the Ulster Council will make a statement in the morning accordingly.

I have no idea who is right or wrong, but Teamtalk look like a bunch of spoofers.
MWWSI 2017

Bensars

Here's the full article Muppet. Rather your small selective snippet

QuoteTeamtalk has this evening learned that a series of allegations attributed to Tyrone minor footballers during the championship game against Donegal, "did not take place" according to Ulster GAA.

Both sides met in the opening round of the Ulster minor championship back on the 17th May in Ballybofey.  The allegations surrounded the alleged treatment of a Donegal player during the game but the Ulster Council in their judgement exonerated the Tyrone minor players, management and coaches.

Up until tonight the untrue allegations had remained in the public domain as fact.  Donegal minor football boss Declan Bonner had been particularly vocal following the game and one Donegal newspaper carried the headline "Donegal minor manager hits out after 'toxic' taunting of player".

A statement from Ulster GAA, and the Donegal and Tyrone county board's is expected to be released shortly to finally bring closure to this unfortunate episode.  Perhaps then the players that represented the Red Hand county that afternoon will finally begin to rid themselves of the unnecessary commentary which was attributed to them from the Donegal minor management, a former Donegal senior player and an RTE pundit.

————–

In a response to our report Donegal GAA have this evening responded with the following statement...

CLG Dhun na nGall wish to vehemently refute the story on teamtalkmag.com this evening. CLG Dhun na nGall has in its possession the Ulster Council CCC Investigation Report and the conclusions reached were agreed by both CLG Thir Eoghain and CLG Dhun na nGall at a meeting on Wednesday September 23rd. We understand that the Ulster Council will make a statement in the morning accordingly.

muppet

Quote from: Bensars on November 04, 2015, 03:16:23 AM
Here's the full article Muppet. Rather your small selective snippet

QuoteTeamtalk has this evening learned that a series of allegations attributed to Tyrone minor footballers during the championship game against Donegal, "did not take place" according to Ulster GAA.

Both sides met in the opening round of the Ulster minor championship back on the 17th May in Ballybofey.  The allegations surrounded the alleged treatment of a Donegal player during the game but the Ulster Council in their judgement exonerated the Tyrone minor players, management and coaches.

Up until tonight the untrue allegations had remained in the public domain as fact.  Donegal minor football boss Declan Bonner had been particularly vocal following the game and one Donegal newspaper carried the headline "Donegal minor manager hits out after 'toxic' taunting of player".

A statement from Ulster GAA, and the Donegal and Tyrone county board's is expected to be released shortly to finally bring closure to this unfortunate episode.  Perhaps then the players that represented the Red Hand county that afternoon will finally begin to rid themselves of the unnecessary commentary which was attributed to them from the Donegal minor management, a former Donegal senior player and an RTE pundit.

————–

Ah I see.

So they posted their article... and the Donegal response......which contradicted their article.......all at the same time.

Note the 'this evening' at the start of both comments. Do you think it is the same 'this evening'?

C'mon Bensars.....
MWWSI 2017

Snapchap

They didn't publish both at the same time. If they did, how could Donegal have issued a reply to what was initially said.
The teamtalk statement was circulating via that same web link for around 2 hours before it was updated to include a response from Donrgal.

longballin

Teamtalk is like a self appointed spokesman for Tyrone GAA and not for the first time was way out on their 'facts'...

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on November 04, 2015, 09:31:19 AM
Teamtalk is like a self appointed spokesman for Tyrone GAA and not for the first time was way out on their 'facts'...

Enlighten us with the facts then?
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Teamtalk is a fan site for Tyrone. They've jumped the gun on stuff before. Wait and see what the actual wording is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out as 'not proven' as opposed to 'untrue'. Unless the Donegal lads say, 'OK, fair enough we made it up', then it's just one word versus another, and it would be hard to a GAA investigation to make a conclusive finding in either way. It's not like they have video evidence to analyse.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 04, 2015, 09:46:45 AM
Teamtalk is a fan site for Tyrone. They've jumped the gun on stuff before. Wait and see what the actual wording is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out as 'not proven' as opposed to 'untrue'. Unless the Donegal lads say, 'OK, fair enough we made it up', then it's just one word versus another, and it would be hard to a GAA investigation to make a conclusive finding in either way. It's not like they have video evidence to analyse.

Yes and my issue is that maybe Bonner should have waited too before making a very serious allegation against a young player, placing him in an exceptionally difficult situation.
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

I don't think Bonner covered himself in glory, but if he genuinely felt that happened, it's not surprising I suppose. I'd be very angry if it was one of my players. I'd like to think I'd do a bit of research, and raise it through the proper channels, but sometimes it's hard to do the 'cool' thing.

I think Donegal won that game, so it wasn't done out of sour grapes, which is why I'd be surprised if there's nothing at all to it, but it may have been greatly overblown. Who knows? I doubt we'll know after the finding is published either, if my guess is correct about a 'Not proven' outcome.

WT4E

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 04, 2015, 09:52:13 AM
I don't think Bonner covered himself in glory, but if he genuinely felt that happened, it's not surprising I suppose. I'd be very angry if it was one of my players. I'd like to think I'd do a bit of research, and raise it through the proper channels, but sometimes it's hard to do the 'cool' thing.

I think Donegal won that game, so it wasn't done out of sour grapes, which is why I'd be surprised if there's nothing at all to it, but it may have been greatly overblown. Who knows? I doubt we'll know after the finding is published either, if my guess is correct about a 'Not proven' outcome.

What a load of shit Offaly whatever happened (IMO not much) Declan Bonner was totally in the wrong to put a two young lads in a dangerous situation. Being in a high profile job he should have a duty of care as should Martin Carney who peddled this shit to thousands of listeners as if it was the gospel!!!!

AZOffaly

Snapchap

Quote from: longballin on November 04, 2015, 09:31:19 AM

Teamtalk are not a "self appointed spokesman". They are a core of people with a passion for GAA, mainly at club level, who promote it across the county through match updates and weekly radio commentary from selected club games, and often weekly radio chat shows, and who run an annual club all-stars banquet to honour club footballers. All in all, they are a resource that club people in any other county would kill to have and they deserve continued support.

WT4E

No I highlighted what you said - the stance when people say 'he didn't cover himself in glory' conveys to me a message that whilst the way he went about it might have been flawed he was still right in what he was saying!

Whole thing stinks and the people in the wrong are getting off the hook!!!!

AZOffaly

I meant he didn't do a good job. I thought that was a commonly understood phrase?

I do think it's understandable in a certain context, if he felt it really happened and was really angry about it. But I don't think he was right.