Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2015, 07:02:57 AM
Like most things on here ye are all just going around in circles as the Dubs are NEVER willing to admit any wring doing or bias.
If they are never gonna admit that them playing home games in Croke park is a HUGE advantage and blame the Leinster council or other counties then ye are wasting yer time.
Several times I've listed incidents the Dubs have done that have been swept under the carpet and I asked people can you not see the Double standards here.
RTE have a huge impact on this and people's perceptions but Sky and Newstalk now are to some degree challenging that.
Most Dublin posters reaction to my questions are
"f**k Off with your anti Dub attack and poor wee Tyrone getting picked on"

Really answers my questions very well doesn't it.

Well we wouldn't want investigations into the regular wanton acts of thuggery that exist in Tyrone club football on a regular basis. The entire time of the GAA would be spent on investigations. Probably decided at this stage just to let the natives to beat the shit out of each other while the rest of us concentrate on playing the game

Jinxy

This thread has serious potential.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sidney

With all this hype about UFC at the moment, the GAA would be mad not to cash in and stage a spectacular at Croke Park next summer. Davy Byrne v an as yet unnamed Armagh opponent would fill the place out.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Sidney on July 15, 2015, 11:52:24 AM
With all this hype about UFC at the moment, the GAA would be mad not to cash in and stage a spectacular at Croke Park next summer. Davy Byrne v an as yet unnamed Armagh opponent would fill the place out.

I can just see it. The fireworks would clear, the curtain would part, and out would step Kieran McGeeney. The Geezer himself. Like Vince McMahon 'wrestling' in WWE. The crowd would go wild. Dana White would orgasm to death.

Conor McGregor could be on the undercard.

Jinxy

I'd like to nominate Mickey Burke to represent Meath.

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2015, 12:53:29 PM

How about Marty Morrissey V Ger Canning on the undercard, followed by Tommy(Tom) Carr V Kevin McStay.
I would go.

Sidney

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 15, 2015, 12:50:15 PM
Quote from: Sidney on July 15, 2015, 11:52:24 AM

I can just see it. The fireworks would clear, the curtain would part, and out would step Kieran McGeeney. The Geezer himself. Like Vince McMahon 'wrestling' in WWE. The crowd would go wild. Dana White would orgasm to death.

Conor McGregor could be on the undercard.
This just in:

UFC spectacular set to rock Croke Park in Summer 2016

by Mick Savage, Combat 18+ Magazine, July 15th, 2015

Ireland is currently in the grip of UFC mania, and it looks like the fight the whole of the country wants to see is sensationally set to happen. The GAA and the UFC are said by sources close to both organisations to be "on the verge of agreement" about staging a title bout between hometown hero Davy Byrne and an as yet unnamed opponent from Armagh at Croke Park in the summer of 2016.

It's understood that after initially proving hostile to the idea, the GAA decided to investigate the possibility of staging the event in recent days, and progress has been swift.

Interest amongst the general public has been heightened to frenzied levels by a rumoured "underground" fight between Byrne and his unnamed opponent less than two weeks ago, prompted by Byrne calling his opponent "a juiced up pussy".

That fight was said by a source to be "f**king mad – the best fight you'll never see." Already thousands of people on the INTERNET are claiming they were there and know what happened, but the source says "they haven't a clue – it was a hundred times more vicious than everybody is saying. There was blood everywhere."

Byrne, known as the "Ballymun Brawler", is a known master of trash talking but has been noticeably silent as speculation has grown over the last few days.

But his manager Jim Gavin has revealed "there was a frank discussion between both fighters, and both agreed that it would be best for both parties if they kept quiet for the moment, but this fight is going to happen, make no mistake. "

"To make things fair, we've decided that neither fighter will have access to video footage of the other, and any existing video footage each fighter has of the other in action will be deleted to make sure of that."

"[REDACTED REDACTED f**king pussy REDACTED]", said Kieran McGeeney, a mixed martial arts guru who now who manages a stable of UFC fighters in Armagh.

It's not yet known who Byrne's opponent will be, but prominent candidates are thought to include "The Anonymous" Ciaran McKeever, Stephen "the SS Storm Trooper" Sheridan, Aidan "The Knife" Forker, James "The Fuel" Morgan and Kevin "Prepare To Die" Dyas.

"Croke Park will sell out for this fight, there's no question", said a UFC source.

If the rumoured spectacular happens, McGeeney will be hoping for a better outcome than on Sunday, when one of his protégés, Jamie "The Sniper" Clarke, lost out on points to Galway fighter Damien Comer, known as "The Baysht".

McGeeney's stable of fighters were all present and said to have taken the defeat badly, whereupon they are believed to have hoisted an effigy of Byrne on the nearest Loyalist bonfire before spending the night in Dublin, where they caused serious damage to the well known city centre pub "Davy Byrne's". CCTV footage of that incident is said to have already been deleted.

deiseach

Quote from: joemamas on July 15, 2015, 01:32:25 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2015, 12:53:29 PM

How about Marty Morrissey V Ger Canning on the undercard

Analysis by Joe Brolly. Sold!

Hardy

I challenge Pat Spillane, here and now to a Masters' Melee. I don't care whether it's on the undercard or the overcard or on the halting site of his choice. I just want to f**k him up.

Jinxy

I challenge Martin McHugh to fight me in the inner chamber at Newgrange on the Winter Solstice.
I'll prove that the Celtic Tiger didn't make Meath men soft!
I would also like to nominate Ger Canning for the ice bucket challenge.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2015, 11:39:03 AM
This thread has serious potential.

Which is only starting to get realised now.

Nailer

Good idea alright, first need to get approval of the Croke Park Residents Association, the Handball Club and of course a licence from Dublin City Council as we wouldn't want another Gareth Brooks  debacle.May have to call it a "concert" to satisfy the objectors.

Wildweasel74

Tommy(Tom) Carr V Kevin McStay., there the sell out event there, if they beat the crap out of each other we not have to lsiten to them any more!!

tonto1888

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2015, 09:57:17 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 15, 2015, 09:49:17 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2015, 01:09:41 AM
The bans / fines handed out for the armagh v cavan game were a joke, plenty of games have similar incidents and nothing happens. Not saying that that's right but it should be consistent

Someone ending up in hospital though needs to be investigated.

Seeing as you have the inside scoop Indiana and Dublin did nothing wrong, can you explain why Dublin didn't make a complaint about one of their players ending up in hospital?

I'm sure you can do the maths on that one

The obvious reason is that Dublin have something to fear from an investigation but you seem to think that's not the case?? If not, then what's the reason??

Or are you just trying to sound mysterious when in reality you haven't a clue any more than the rest of us??

You have hit the mail on the head there

twohands!!!

Interestinger and interestinger

What does Joe know?

Quote"Of course it was serious but if they are going to look at it, look at the whole video and see what happened, see how this started," said Kernan. "It's very simple." Asked if he was suggesting that the CCCC hadn't considered provocation or weren't in possession of footage of the build up to the incident, Kernan shrugged.

Also I don't think McGeeney will think much of his comments on Aaron's retirement and how Armagh will get on in Division 2 next year.

Quote"or are we a team still between Division Two and Division Three standard".

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-kernan-calls-on-gaa-to-watch-whole-video-of-byrne-row-1.2286193