Longford v Kildare AI SFQ

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 06, 2015, 09:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2015, 10:17:46 PM
Kildare destroyer of the Midlands. Laois Offaly Longford

Great parking spot Croi.

The last thing to do as much damage in the midlands was Hurricane Charley in 1986!

2-24 is serious scoring in those conditions. We had twelve different scorers by my reckoning. It was a bit worrying when O'Neill was black carded because he had been moving well up to that point but Sherry was excellent for a lad making his debut. Paul Cribbin did great work when the game was still a contest. I'd say they were delighted to get some game time into Peter Kelly who tore into it with his usual gusto!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Qwerty28 on July 11, 2015, 10:37:55 PM
Only positive from the evening was the parking advice! Don't think any point in analysing game, better team won although not sure if they were  20+ points better, although thats really splitting hairs!

Anyway tomorrows another day, how will the minor game go? Might pop in to support the youngsters if they have a chance? Cant really face another lopsided senior game though!
You're welcome...

Shrewdness

Kildare could get another midlands team in round 4 as Westmeath are sure to be in it as losers of the Leinster Final.. The alternative draw is to get the loser of the Munster final.

heffo

If they get to another quarter final doing the same again, we'll have Kildare blogger Ewan MacKenna telling us they're 'up with the very best' again

Shamrock Shore

LOL. Seemingly Diarmuid Masterson sent off on one yellow card. I wondered at the time where he got the first but, by that stage, I was disengaged with the game.

Sheedy was very animated on the line with the linesman as Masterson trooped off - reminiscent of his former teammate, Tom Carr, in Thurles many years ago.

We also had a dodgy penalty (i.e. Brian Kavanagh went down like Lee Harvey Oswald was in Dunnes Stores book depository) overturned for a hop ball.

All doesn't matter - we were beaten after 10 minutes.

Depressing really - as I said before it's not the defeat - it's the hope being crushed time and time again.

Rossfan

Intermediate Championship for ye??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2015, 10:17:46 PM
Kildare destroyer of the Midlands. Laois Offaly Longford

Great parking spot Croi.

Has saved me manys the time running late for games. Trust you kept some energy to roar on the maroon seeing as it was easier than expected.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Teo Lurley

The Lilies seem to be able to beat counties with very small population compared to their 210,000. Actually 210,000 puts them the 7th highest populated county in Ireland! Really makes their lack of success pathetic when you think they don't play much hurling.

Ohtoohtobe

Good point Teo and population would also explain Laois' abject surrender to Antrim.

Hardy

Ohtoohtobe

Teo Lurley

Antrim have a proper excuse as to why their population hasn't won them much and they can play hurling!

Dinny Breen

Laois play hurling? Yer man Edam certainly talks a good game - imagine what they could do if they had monney, a population and some decent players.
#newbridgeornowhere

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 12, 2015, 05:22:12 PM
Laois play hurling? Yer man Edam certainly talks a good game - imagine what they could do if they had monney, a population and some decent players.

The Lilies had money and population but are still waiting for a provincial title longer than the midlands minnows like Laois and Westmeath! :D

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare won a provincial title today.

:P

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?