5 Great GAA footballers who never won an All-Ireland

Started by davegaasportsdesk, June 09, 2015, 06:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davegaasportsdesk

Hey lads, I just did an article on the best footballers who never won the All Ireland.

Is there anyone I'm missing?

http://t.co/CVacz1tMnQ
Join Talking GAA on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

muppet

You are missing Ulster, Connacht and (Tipp excluded) Munster.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Cake was a really good keeper in his day but you can't mention him and not mention Dermot Earley or Gerry O'Malley or Harry Keegan or Tony Mac or Francie Grehan or.. you get idea. Cake got himself a club AI and that's something none of those lads managed..

Beantown

Too many to mention... How far back do ye wanna go?

rrhf

Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2015, 07:04:47 PM
Cake was a really good keeper in his day but you can't mention him and not mention Dermot Earley or Gerry O'Malley or Harry Keegan or Tony Mac or Francie Grehan or.. you get idea. Cake got himself a club AI and that's something none of those lads managed..
You are correct....You really can't mention him...

From the Bunker

Your ''The entire Mayo team?'' quote made me laugh. Your a Gas man! Every county has one even Kerry - Connie Murphy! If you look at the pedigree of an inter county footballer by his AI haul you are missing the picture. No doubt it enhances you reputation, but there are many average to awful footballers with AI medals.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 09, 2015, 07:15:39 PM
Your ''The entire Mayo team?'' quote made me laugh. Your a Gas man! Every county has one even Kerry - Connie Murphy! If you look at the pedigree of an inter county footballer by his AI haul you are missing the picture. No doubt it enhances you reputation, but there are many average to awful footballers with AI medals.

Most Overrated Players Who Won an All-Ireland. Now that'd be an interesting discussion..

Zulu

Johnny Doyle, Niall Buckley, Kevin O'Brien, John Galvin, John Quane, Nudie Hughes.

easytiger95

Hate to be a pedant but "the ultimate baron period for Dublin"????

Good jaysis, what are they teaching lads in schools these days?

ardtole

I always thought Barry Owens was an excellent footballer. Ive seen Niall McNamee a few times and thought he was very good. McDonald from Mayo would be an obvious one as well.

blanketattack

Anthony Lynch, Colin Corkery, Ciaran O'Sullivan, Tommy Murphy

muppet

Probably best not to pick from your own county.

Tony McManus, Martin Daly spring to mind, also Colin Corkery & Coulter as mentioned above.
MWWSI 2017