All-Ireland club final - Slaughtneil v Corofin

Started by theticklemister, March 11, 2015, 11:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

He did a bit of messing alright but he's a good player,was very good last summer against Kerry i think.

dublin7

Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2015, 06:16:23 PM
Quote from: beer baron on March 17, 2015, 06:05:43 PM
Lundy won't be long getting back in surely,unless he takes time off before going back

He might be better going into the theatre or some other playacting.

If Lundy spent more time focusing on the football, rather than diving and moaning to the ref,  he would be some player. Never seen a player moan as much as him in croke  park today and this in a game they won pulling up

Throw ball

Quote from: dublin7 on March 17, 2015, 06:22:01 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2015, 06:16:23 PM
Quote from: beer baron on March 17, 2015, 06:05:43 PM
Lundy won't be long getting back in surely,unless he takes time off before going back

He might be better going into the theatre or some other playacting.

If Lundy spent more time focusing on the football, rather than diving and moaning to the ref,  he would be some player. Never seen a player moan as much as him in croke  park today and this in a game they won pulling up

Agreed

Throw ball

Corofin thoroughly deserved their win today. Built on a stranglehold around the middle. Pity the actions of one player had to sour the taste a bit.

Slaughtneil rode their luck in Derry and Ulster but had one of those days when everything went wrong. Special mention to Christopher Bradley who showed great courage taking part. A few weeks too early I feel.

Wildweasel74

Slaughtneil were poor the day, but hadn't the forwards to make inroads against Corofin, given how dangerous they were i cant work out why the Derry team didn't set up defensive, they played open man on man the whole game , didn't make sense! As for the play actor, watching too much soccer that lad, terrible stuff

GalwayBayBoy

I think for Slaughtneil to win they had to get on top of the game in midfield and apart from maybe the first 10 minutes that never really happened for them. They were also far less defensive that I thought they would be. They virtually went man for man and Corofin just kick passed around them at their leisure. Game was far more open than I expected it to be.

giveballaghback

Should that foot block that was not given also not have been a red card for dangerous play? I always like the way Galway teams play football with no nonsense get on with the game but Lundys performance today was a total disgrace, how does Goldrick and the Duffy brothers get these big games, they cause consternation where ever they ref leaving both teams and sets of supporters pulling their hair out, poor club final day but best teams won on the day, great achievement for all 4 teams to be in Croker on such a big day.

sans pessimism

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 17, 2015, 07:15:43 PM
Should that foot block that was not given also not have been a red card for dangerous play? I always like the way Galway teams play football with no nonsense get on with the game but Lundys performance today was a total disgrace, how does Goldrick and the Duffy brothers get these big games, they cause consternation where ever they ref leaving both teams and sets of supporters pulling their hair out, poor club final day but best teams won on the day, great achievement for all 4 teams to be in Croker on such a big day.
eh?
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Pangurban

Corofin were simply brilliant today, football as it should be played

Harold Disgracey

On way back from the game. Corofin deserving winners, played some very nice football. Their no14, Lundy, should be ashamed of himself for his play acting. Slaughtneil never got going at all. Has to be said that Coldrick is worse than Wayne Barnes & Marty Duffy combined, he was atrocious today.

bannside

Plus One. Corofin played a great mix of short and long and rarely wasted a ball. A joy to watch and never had to break out of third year.  Bottom line they were a team of footballers who knew how and when to take the right option.

bannside

Harold no harm to you but if you ate going to make some kind of case for the referee being sub standard today I think you are bang out of order.

Harold Disgracey

He was useless today, he was damn lucky the game wasn't close.

Should add, I say this as a neutral, I only went to the games in case this was the last time we see king Henry in Croke Park.

bannside

Wise up a lot of you. Lundy a class apart. Sublime footballer. Most county teams would be glad to have him.

GalwayBayBoy

I think Lundy will be pretty embarrassed when he sees the incident back and will no doubt cop a right slagging over it. A pity because he is turning into a serious footballer. It shouldn't take away from Corofin's overall display though.