Champions league 2015

Started by seafoid, February 17, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

He done well to get away.

laoislad

Barca join the other great European sides like Liverpool to win 5 European Cups.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Wildweasel74

Just wait to they catch up on AC  Milan and Real Madrid

Jell 0 Biafra

Enjoyable game.   Thought Pogba had a decent shout for a penno at 1-1, which could have made things interesting.  But Barcelona worth their win overall.   

Boycey

Barca worthy winners but Juve gave a good account of themselves.

Minder

4 in 9 years is some going
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

Buffon could have done better on the second goal he put it on plate for Suarez. Was only going to be one winner after that goal. Good game on the night the better side won.

moysider

Very good final and some great players -as good as I ve seen anyway - there tonight. Buffon, Pirlo, Iniesta, Messi and Suarez will be revered forever.

I was just telling my 'kids' earlier about watching the final 40yrs ago between Bayern and Leeds. Great players there too. Maier, Beckenbauer, Muller, Giles. Leeds should have won that.

moysider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 06, 2015, 10:48:50 PM
Buffon could have done better on the second goal he put it on plate for Suarez. Was only going to be one winner after that goal. Good game on the night the better side won.

Agree. Thought Barca keeper could have done better with Tevez shot as well before Juve goal.

beer baron

Barca are a joy to watch. Don't get the Mascherano love in,think he's a weak link and Alba could do with bucking up his ideas too, other than that theyre a serious side. Should've backed the bolox off them all them months ago.

ONeill

There was a small window in the second half when it was looking like a smash and grab by Juve. Glad Barca won. Nice philosophy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

Quote from: beer baron on June 06, 2015, 11:39:42 PM
Barca are a joy to watch. Don't get the Mascherano love in,think he's a weak link and Alba could do with bucking up his ideas too, other than that theyre a serious side. Should've backed the bolox off them all them months ago.

Disagree about Mascherano. He made a huge tackle in the last minute and won the ball clean. Vidal on the other hand was flying in all over the shop at times but is going to be a serious enforcer. Mascherano is the reason Barcelona can play the 3 lads up front - or one of the reasons anyway. He was grand. What do you expect from him out of interest?

T Fearon

Poor Champions League overall,with no English side of any quality and sub standard Real Madrid and Bayern Munich sides.The fact that an ageing Juventus side got to the Final and remained in contention to the last kick of the game says it all.

Expect rejuvenated Real Madrid and Chelsea to be stronger next year but not easy on the eye.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 06, 2015, 10:10:14 PM
Barca join the other great European sides like Liverpool to win 5 European Cups.

Its a pity they cant muster up a league win though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

beer baron

Quote from: moysider on June 07, 2015, 12:12:08 AM
Quote from: beer baron on June 06, 2015, 11:39:42 PM

Disagree about Mascherano. He made a huge tackle in the last minute and won the ball clean. Vidal on the other hand was flying in all over the shop at times but is going to be a serious enforcer. Mascherano is the reason Barcelona can play the 3 lads up front - or one of the reasons anyway. He was grand. What do you expect from him out of interest?

Poor in the air. Bad positionally last night, slow and bad on the ball.  For a team with the best of the best not good enough.for me.