Gaa poor communication publication

Started by unoino, February 05, 2015, 05:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Yes, it's a shining example of communication ... aaaah ... publication - whatever.

Franko

I think yer man has a point here.  The TG4 argument is bullshit but he is correct in saying that that come of the GAA's communcation is woeful.

The iPhone app is absolutely shocking and the website not much better.  It shouldn't be too much to ask for them to update live scores a bit better.

As an example... try to find the score in the Walsh Cup final or the All-Ireland Club Semis on the results section of the iPhone app.  You won't have much luck.  Yet on the main results page the results from the group stages of the 2011 Sigerson Cup are displayed?

It's a bit of a nonsense and whichever department of the GAA deals with this really could do with a kick up the arse.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: theticklemister on February 07, 2015, 02:15:10 AM
Up f**king Jimmy Magee!!!!
ccccccc

Jimmy Magee me hole. Was driving back in the car yesterday and he came on Sunday Sport waxing lyrically about Michelle Smith. If I could have got my boot up out of the foot well I'd have put it through the radio. Thank Christ the kids were asleep in the back or they'd be repeating back a couple of new words this week.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 09, 2015, 02:56:37 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on February 07, 2015, 02:15:10 AM
Up f**king Jimmy Magee!!!!
ccccccc

Jimmy Magee me hole. Was driving back in the car yesterday and he came on Sunday Sport waxing lyrically about Michelle Smith. If I could have got my boot up out of the foot well I'd have put it through the radio. Thank Christ the kids were asleep in the back or they'd be repeating back a couple of new words this week.

Androstenedione and what?
MWWSI 2017

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 09, 2015, 03:57:39 PM
You'reastupidfuckingbollocksmagee

I bet your kids will be very good at scrabble.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Ard-Rí

I've never had any problem with live score updates on either Hoganstand or LiveGaelic in terms of accuracy, but if you want regular updates join twitter and follow the official accounts of the counties involved. A large number of clubs do these updates as well, and in fact our own club gives score by score Twitter updates for both our first and second teams so you could follow the events of a Meath Junior C match from the UK if you were so inclined.

The fact that TG4 broadcast so many games during the winter is one of the remaining indications that the GAA is still committed to its foundation ideals ... that the promotion of the Irish language is more important to the Association than the exploitation of new markets should be beyond obvious even with the recent Sky deal. If it is not, or it becomes the case that it is not, then something has gone very much astray in the GAA.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

seafoid

I was looking at bet365 during the Basel Porto match last night. Basel scored an early goal and a wall of money must have been bet on them because the odds shortened. But Porto were the better team so the early money was wrong.  The crowd dynamics are interesting. Stock markets are similar.Bet 365 do 5 minute stock market predictions too in the financials section of the website. Very interesting if you are bored.

GAA can turn even faster than soccer but to get to bet365 levels of gambling intensity someone would have to provide the in play stats. Can't see the gaa or rte doing it. It is not in their interest to do so. Imagine betting on the number of rule infringements in a top class gaelic football match.

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2015, 09:52:07 AM
I was looking at bet365 during the Basel Porto match last night. Basel scored an early goal and a wall of money must have been bet on them because the odds shortened. But Porto were the better team so the early money was wrong.  The crowd dynamics are interesting. Stock markets are similar.Bet 365 do 5 minute stock market predictions too in the financials section of the website. Very interesting if you are bored.

GAA can turn even faster than soccer but to get to bet365 levels of gambling intensity someone would have to provide the in play stats. Can't see the gaa or rte doing it. It is not in their interest to do so. Imagine betting on the number of rule infringements in a top class gaelic football match.

Whats that??

johnneycool

You'd get good odds on there being less than five fouls blown in a hurling game involving Kilkenny if Brian Gavin was refereeing!

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on February 19, 2015, 01:32:47 PM

You'd get good odds on there being less than five fouls blown in a hurling game involving Kilkenny if Brian Gavin was refereeing!

What odds the number could be changed on appeal?
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

Gavin Duffy drooped and the first we hear is comment by the Clare coach???
not to mention its casually included that several others have been dropped as well.
when you see hiw much intrest soccer can raise on deadline day would it never cop onto the PTB that People have an intrest in such comings and goings

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gavin-duffy-dropped-from-mayo-panel-having-not-played-in-one-competitive-game-1.2111128
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

theticklemister

Was trying to show primary school children GAA videos today during my maths lesson but as youtube.com is blocked i could not find a video for the life of me, www.gaa.ie was absolutley a pile of shite. recent videos were from 2011.

armaghniac

Quote from: theticklemister on February 26, 2015, 06:53:21 PM
Was trying to show primary school children GAA videos today during my maths lesson but as youtube.com is blocked i could not find a video for the life of me, www.gaa.ie was absolutley a pile of shite. recent videos were from 2011.

It is a measure of the GAA's communication strategy that GAA.ie does not have classic games, skills tutorials etc on video on the website where anyone interested can easily find them. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: theticklemister on February 26, 2015, 06:53:21 PM
Jerome Quinn has loads of stuff on Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/user1785268