O'Byrne Cup 2015

Started by Ohtoohtobe, December 29, 2014, 11:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

http://www.leinstergaa.ie/leinster-accident-tournaments-2012/obyrne-cup-sf-2012.325.html

This is it. This is why teams slog through the heat and hard ground of summer.
Dublin might have walked the Leinster Championship but it's all well and good doing it in front of TV cameras and big crowds.
Will they have the stomach for a January Sunday in Portarlington?
Will they f***.

Donnellys Hollow

3 in a row?

Piece of cake for the all-conquering kings of January football.

They will have to bring back the bihatimber for the Dubs and the colleges to fight over.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ohtoohtobe

Interesting to see Foley and Bolton rested for this. McGrillen retired, supposedly just for a year, but that's what Morgan O'Flaherty said and no sign of him back. John Byrne playing hurling, Smith and Darryl Flynn set to be absent until April/May I believe. Think Paul Cribbin might have injury woes too? Mikey Conway missing from panel that was released too.
Conway, Hyland, N Kelly, Cribbin and Tommy Moolick college tied.
Not to mention four of our best young players playing in Australia/England.

This will be our most famous O'Byrne Cup triumph yet.

thejuice

Bursting with anticipation for this!

I hear the lads laid off on the Brussels sprouts this year, taking it very seriously!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

Quote from: thejuice on December 31, 2014, 10:20:09 AM

I hear the lads laid off on the Brussels sprouts this year, taking it very seriously!

Really ?. This is serious.

Did they replace the sprouts with something else ?.

Shamrock Shore

It's the most wondeful time of the year

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 31, 2014, 04:14:41 PM
It's the most wondeful time of the year
Isn't it like the champions league for Longford?

thejuice

Quote from: orangeman on December 31, 2014, 11:25:57 AM

A bit more turkey this year, there'll be a bit more flesh for O'Gara to chew on next time round.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

laoislad

Kings County v Queens County should be a classic
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on December 31, 2014, 11:25:57 AM

They were allowed spinach gel, as a treat.
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

QuoteIsn't it like the champions league for Longford?

Feck off

It's our annual Wurrild Cup!

Ohtoohtobe

Kildare: Mark Donnellan; Ciaran Fitzpatrick, Peter Kelly, Gavin Farrell; Cian O'Donoghue, Daryl O'Brien, Eoin Doyle; Padraig O'Neill, Hugh Lynch; Seamus McNally, Eamonn Callaghan, Eoghan O'Flaherty; Darroch Mulhall, Tomas O'Connor, Fionn Dowling.

Four debutants but apart from that not a million miles from the strongest team we could have picked, which surprises me. A sign that trying to get out of Division Two is top priority?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on January 03, 2015, 01:07:46 AMA sign that trying to get out of Division Two is top priority?

The O'Byrne Cup should be the top priority. We have a proud tradition to maintain.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on January 03, 2015, 01:07:46 AM
Kildare: Mark Donnellan; Ciaran Fitzpatrick, Peter Kelly, Gavin Farrell; Cian O'Donoghue, Daryl O'Brien, Eoin Doyle; Padraig O'Neill, Hugh Lynch; Seamus McNally, Eamonn Callaghan, Eoghan O'Flaherty; Darroch Mulhall, Tomas O'Connor, Fionn Dowling.

Four debutants but apart from that not a million miles from the strongest team we could have picked, which surprises me. A sign that trying to get out of Division Two is top priority?

Compare the record of teams in Division 1 versus Division 2 in the last few years - If Kildare want to get serious about being a championship contender Division 1 is the place to be.

heffo

This is it. It's do or die stuff now.

Will we see any kind of backbone out of Kildare or Meath this year?