Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One in All in

downjim

Although McRory teams have gone it's great to see St Columbans back in an Ulster final and putting Down schools back in the forefront of Ulster colleges football.

Mourne Red

Does anyone have any idea when league fixtures/championship draw will be done??

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Mourne Red on January 31, 2018, 11:01:37 AM

I think the league fixtures have already been done, just not yet released to clubs?

Lecale Gael

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 31, 2018, 11:44:29 AM
Quote from: Mourne Red on January 31, 2018, 11:01:37 AM

I think the league fixtures have already been done, just not yet released to clubs?

should be this weekend I would guess based on the timing of the release last year
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Down4sam2020

I feel that eamon burns will guide this team to an Ulster title if we gain promotion back to division one.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Down4sam2020 on February 02, 2018, 09:32:40 AM
I feel that eamon burns will guide this team to an Ulster title if we gain promotion back to division one.

Not a chance of that happening.. Tyrone are a cut above everyone in Ulster, and with Donegal looking impressive the way they're playing I can't see us beating either of those.

Aristo 60

I'm the eternal optimist.. Down for the Anglo Celt and Down 4 Sam !!

crice123

Down for Sam 2020 u are a fool. If u want to wind people up on this away back to your native Armagh u fraud

OgraAnDun

Same team named v Cork as against Louth last week. Can't see that being the team to start.

Mourne Rover

The unchanged team sounds a bit unlikely but we will see on Sunday. Our draw last season followed a run of at least six consecutive defeats against them, so it will be a tough one which may be decided on the way we handle big Maguire down the middle.

Lecale Gael

ardtole

I'd go for Harrisson
Ohagan, McGovern, mcardle/Flanagan
Ohanlon, mcparland, mooney
Donnelly Poland
McKernan Maginn miller
Ohare Harrisson morgan

I wouldn't be surprised if Maginn missed this one, he took 3 very heavy knocks last week and someone else might get a chance. If Turley is fit I could see him starting and Poland moving to half forward.
It was worth experimenting with Mooney at half forward and late on he was in midfield for a while but he is most effective at wing back. Docherty done a reasonable job but  we missed the attacking bursts from deep that Mooney provides.
Darren Ohagan looked good when he came on and probably needs a game or two but either Mcardle or Flanagan could feel hard done by if either were to make way.
I really hope Ohare starts I thought he looked sharp when he was introduced, maybe the Louth defence were tiring but he is our most natural finisher and I've a feeling him and Harrisson could compliment each other.
I don't think this is a week for experimentation, we had a good win last week and another win against a county we have struggled against recently would be a good boost for morale.

SHEEDY

Quote from: ardtole on February 03, 2018, 07:52:02 AM
I'd go for Harrisson
Ohagan, McGovern, mcardle/Flanagan
Ohanlon, mcparland, mooney
Donnelly Poland
McKernan Maginn miller
Ohare Harrisson morgan

I wouldn't be surprised if Maginn missed this one, he took 3 very heavy knocks last week and someone else might get a chance. If Turley is fit I could see him starting and Poland moving to half forward.
It was worth experimenting with Mooney at half forward and late on he was in midfield for a while but he is most effective at wing back. Docherty done a reasonable job but  we missed the attacking bursts from deep that Mooney provides.
Darren Ohagan looked good when he came on and probably needs a game or two but either Mcardle or Flanagan could feel hard done by if either were to make way.
I really hope Ohare starts I thought he looked sharp when he was introduced, maybe the Louth defence were tiring but he is our most natural finisher and I've a feeling him and Harrisson could compliment each other.
I don't think this is a week for experimentation, we had a good win last week and another win against a county we have struggled against recently would be a good boost for morale.

thats the team i would go for as well. kevin mckernan and darren o'hagan are 2 of our best players and both are leaders on the field should be starting. i would like to see donal o'hare given a run from the start, he impressed in 2nd half last week and should replace dornan who looked a bit off the pace.
nil satis nisi optimum

Lecale Gael

1. S Harrison

Down team announced

2. C Flanagan
3. G McGovern
4. B McArdle

5. D O'Hanlon
6. N McParland
7. A Doherty

8. C Poland
9. N Donnelly

10. C Mooney
11. C Maginn
12. S Millar

13. S Dornan
14. C Harrison
15. A Morgan