Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

Spirit, obviously you are on the wind up.

QuoteHaving taken stock of the situation Bryansford will use Division Two and 'blood' their current U17 team who play in the Paul McGirr Final on Saturday

Yiz will be in Div 3 before you know it if that's the craic.  It wasn't too long ago yiz were down and it didn't prove that easy to get back to the top division.

I await a reply from Down's angriest poster  ;D

amallon

Benny has done in ankle ligaments.   Conor Garvey has done ligaments in his knee.  We will be without both on Sunday.  Its very disappointing for us but we still have a good chance.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

passedit

Any word on how Drumgath's appeal went last night?
Don't Panic

spiritof91and94

Quote from: No1 on October 10, 2007, 09:10:13 AM
Spirit, obviously you are on the wind up.

QuoteHaving taken stock of the situation Bryansford will use Division Two and 'blood' their current U17 team who play in the Paul McGirr Final on Saturday

Yiz will be in Div 3 before you know it if that's the craic.  It wasn't too long ago yiz were down and it didn't prove that easy to get back to the top division.

I await a reply from Down's angriest poster  ;D

DIdnt we win a championship on the back of it?

Lecale2

Quote from: amallon on October 10, 2007, 09:20:29 AM
Benny has done in ankle ligaments.   Conor Garvey has done ligaments in his knee.  We will be without both on Sunday.  Its very disappointing for us but we still have a good chance.
They'll be a big loss to the Bridge and could well swing things in favour of Longstone. Don't tell Lone Shark and we'll make a killing.

dundrumite

I see according to matt's chat section of the down recorder" that a new proposal is to be put to the county board to restructure the leagues over the next two years to attempt to reduce the top two divisions to ten teams. In the first year 3 teams from division 1 would be relegated with just 1 promotion, while 5 going down from 2 with 1 being promoted from division 3."
Any thoughts? Would certainly make our task of staying in division 3 a mamoth one. No word of what happens to division 3 and 4, it would certainly make some huge mis matches if they are not being tampered with in this proposed change.
spirit wouldnt even bother giving satisfaction of a reaction

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stpauls

that has to be seen to be believed!! how old are they, twelve! probably don't even know the meaning of the word ultra!!

Square Ball

Quote from: dundrumite on October 10, 2007, 04:24:08 PM
I see according to matt's chat section of the down recorder" that a new proposal is to be put to the county board to restructure the leagues over the next two years to attempt to reduce the top two divisions to ten teams. In the first year 3 teams from division 1 would be relegated with just 1 promotion, while 5 going down from 2 with 1 being promoted from division 3."
Any thoughts? Would certainly make our task of staying in division 3 a mamoth one. No word of what happens to division 3 and 4, it would certainly make some huge mis matches if they are not being tampered with in this proposed change.
spirit wouldnt even bother giving satisfaction of a reaction

You still on the beer!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

uselessfootballer

The Mitchels website claims that Drumgath won their appeal  on Tuesday night against being involved in the play-offs on.
Does anyone have any further info?

stpauls

Quote from: uselessfootballer on October 11, 2007, 12:49:32 PM
The Mitchels website claims that Drumgath won their appeal  on Tuesday night against being involved in the play-offs on.
Does anyone have any further info?

guys, has any body heard anything from the county board meeting last night, and what their decision is on how they are going deal with the Div 3 relegation playoff situation?

edit: woohoo, just realised i now have 5 stars, cool!

buglebhoy

Looking forward to what should be a great weekend of football!

The big one between Mayobridge and Longstone being the most enticing, think the stone will take this but its going to be a mamoth task, if ambrose can get on the ball plenty then it's theirs, take him out the field this time though, put him in 10 mins to half time to look for a goal but mark poland can man the full forward line with his supply of ball

Division 2 promotion playoffs should be good also, think saval and ballyholland would have to be favoured even though both were beaten recently in the championship by their opposing teams of this weekend!! both will be looking revenge and i think they'll both get it!!

Lecale2

I was through Longstone this morning. The whole place is covered in red & white flags except for one Mayobridge flag flying from the house opposite the stone itself. Who lives there?

I'm not sure I approve of them painting the kerbs stones in Annalong red, white & blue just because they've reached a county final.

southdown

The house with the bridge flag is actually our chairman Hugh Rodgers, his wife is from the bridge!
The kerbs were painted red and white, then the Prods thought it would be great to add some blue. Dont agree with the kerbs either, it looks cheap.

Aristotle Flynn

Quote from: southdown on October 12, 2007, 05:12:57 PM
The house with the bridge flag is actually our chairman Hugh Rodgers, his wife is from the bridge!

I'm surprised the Ultras haven't put his windows in!
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.